White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Default Biogenesis investigation continues, suspensions are likely to happen

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jo...ogenesis-probe
This would probably have a big say on the rest of the season as well as the postseason. MLB will have a lot of explaining to do over the next few months.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:17 PM
WSI Prelate

It's only fair that this list be publicized ASAP, so that teams can make necessary deals before July 31.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:22 PM
WSI Church Elder

Without a failed test, the union will prevent any suspension.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Without a failed test, the union will prevent any suspension.
I see this written over and over everywhere I go. People need to stop saying this. It's 100% not true. There are MANY ways players can get suspended, all agreed to in the last collective bargaining agreement by the players union. One of those things that would trigger a suspension is written and/or oral evidence. In fact, because some players were officially asked about the incident by MLB, they can be hit with TWO suspensions. One for the evidence and another for lying about it. Again, this isn't shenanigans or interpretation, this was something agreed to by the union. There would be no case for arbitration or any other kind of recourse.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

This ESPN article has more details.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...-investigation
Old 07-10-2013, 09:56 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

I really can't explain it, but I'm starting to hope Braun goes down harder than A-Rod.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I really can't explain it, but I'm starting to hope Braun goes down harder than A-Rod.
It's not hard to explain. He's still denying it. A-Rod at least admitted something.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:43 PM
WSI Prelate

This should work in our favor. It will create holes on contenders (hopefully) and we can fill them for them.
Or, heck, if we listen to Hawk, we have 18 games left with the Tigers...we hold our destiny in our hands!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:04 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
It's not hard to explain. He's still denying it. A-Rod at least admitted something.
Braun tried to ruin a guy's life the first time he was caught. He's a POS cheat and a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 07-10-2013, 02:47 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Maury Brown ‏@BizballMaury 39m

Provision in MLB Drug Agreement Will Allow Suspensions in Biogenesis Case to Happen Before Grievance http://bizofbaseball.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5867: provision-in-mlb-drug-agreement-will-allow-suspensions-in-biogenesis-case-to-happen-before-grievance-heard&catid=30:mlb-news&Itemid=42
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

You have to believe Braun has many sleepless nights over this.

Good.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:00 AM
WSI Church Elder

I've said this before, past the point of caring anymore. Trying to stop PED in today's age where the users are always 3 steps ahead of the testers in pointless. Like trying to shut down speakeasy's and keep alcohol illegal back in the day. Prohibition didn't work and neither will MLB's anti drug policy. Sure your gonna catch some once in a blue moon. For every one you catch there are many that you dont. .

Let em juice...

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 07-16-2013, 09:54 AM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I've said this before, past the point of caring anymore. Trying to stop PED in today's age where the users are always 3 steps ahead of the testers in pointless. Like trying to shut down speakeasy's and keep alcohol illegal back in the day. Prohibition didn't work and neither will MLB's anti drug policy. Sure your gonna catch some once in a blue moon. For every one you catch there are many that you dont. .

Let em juice...
I have to think the testing is working on some level. We haven't had any 60+ homerun seasons and very few 50+ HR seasons since it began. While I realize this is similar to saying my rock keeps tigers away, there has to be some reason for the power dropoff, and it would be a pretty big coincidence if it ended up being unrelated to the steroid testing.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses_Scurry View Post
I have to think the testing is working on some level. We haven't had any 60+ homerun seasons and very few 50+ HR seasons since it began. While I realize this is similar to saying my rock keeps tigers away, there has to be some reason for the power dropoff, and it would be a pretty big coincidence if it ended up being unrelated to the steroid testing.
Yea its more a speed bump as modern medicine is always coming up w/new undectable anabolics. I see it the times I've judged BB contests. Guys win supposdly drug free shows when its obvious they are using.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:31 PM
WSI Personality

Well, if all you need to get suspended is the appearance of impropriety and hearsay, then it really doesn't matter if science outpaces testing. I'm not suggesting the Biogenesis case doesn't have merit, but it's doubtful that they'll come up with hard evidence that ARod, Braun, etc., were juicing. It's going to come down to accusations and testimony.

And when the biggest names in the world of professional sports are getting caught, it's silly to suggest that it isn't working at least on some level. Guys like Bonds, ARod, Lance, etc., have hundreds of millions of dollars to try to game the system and they're still getting busted. I'm sure they're at the bleeding edge when it comes to PEDs. Some 15 year Dominican prospect isn't going to have Balcor or Biogenesis on his speed dial and will likely get caught.