White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 04:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Default Rangers sign Manny Ramirez

Minor league deal.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...y-ramirez.html
Old 07-03-2013, 04:58 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Jon Heyman
if he makes team, manny gets 500 grand pro-rated. he has agreed to cut his hair, too. #rangers
manny also has agreed to wear his uniform in a conventional manner. #bigchanges
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 07-03-2013, 05:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
Jon Heyman
if he makes team, manny gets 500 grand pro-rated. he has agreed to cut his hair, too. #rangers
manny also has agreed to wear his uniform in a conventional manner. #bigchanges
Wow, he must really want to play some more major league ball. I've got to give him credit for that. Never been that big a fan, but I'm kind of rooting for him to succeed at this point.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Wow, he must really want to play some more major league ball. I've got to give him credit for that. Never been that big a fan, but I'm kind of rooting for him to succeed at this point.
Steroids are expensive.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVulture View Post
Not sure if it is love of the game for Manny. I think he loves being in the spotlight. The lights are on the brightest in "The Show".
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 07-03-2013, 06:11 PM
WSI Church Elder

Manny just loves playing with A.J.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Steroids are expensive.
That's why Flowers is thrilled he caught on with a team on the major league roster.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

He's right there with Sosa in my eyes. Same attitude and vitamins habit.

I was hoping he was out of baseball.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:10 AM
WSI High Priest

Default Free Advice

Manny:

Rent, don't buy.
I'm telling you why,
Santa Claus is dead.
---Smothers Brothers
Aw, Merry Christmas anyway.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
Steroids are expensive.
What would he need steroids for if he weren't playing.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:25 PM
WSI Personality

It's a shame but every sport has someone who just has to be in the spotlight; for reasons that have nothing to do with the team. Examples of guys you probably already know M Ramirez, D Rodman, T Owens, Birdman, and the list goes on and on. Team sports just aren't good enough for some individuals unless they can stand out from the rest; not for their accomplishments on the field but for their outrageous actions. I'm not saying the afore mentioned players aren't talented; their just a little bit off their rocker. In a team sport to see a guy like the birdman tattooed head to toe with a mohawk haircut to me belongs in sports that are not team oriented and sets a poor example for children who idolize them. Most people when they go to work and are exposed to the general public are held to higher standards.I am sure there are a lot of people who might agree with me ; but in today's new culture I am sure there is just as many that won't. But that's the great thing about being able to express your thoughts.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
It's a shame but every sport has someone who just has to be in the spotlight; for reasons that have nothing to do with the team. Examples of guys you probably already know M Ramirez, D Rodman, T Owens, Birdman, and the list goes on and on. Team sports just aren't good enough for some individuals unless they can stand out from the rest; not for their accomplishments on the field but for their outrageous actions. I'm not saying the afore mentioned players aren't talented; their just a little bit off their rocker. In a team sport to see a guy like the birdman tattooed head to toe with a mohawk haircut to me belongs in sports that are not team oriented and sets a poor example for children who idolize them. Most people when they go to work and are exposed to the general public are held to higher standards.I am sure there are a lot of people who might agree with me ; but in today's new culture I am sure there is just as many that won't. But that's the great thing about being able to express your thoughts.
I'm surprised the NBA allows him to play with that hairdo due to the safety of other players. I noticed during the playoffs how sharp and pointy his hair was and wondered whether or not other players could get scratched or get poked in the eye while fighting for rebounds, etc.

I think these flambouant players know their time in the spotlight may be limited so they take advantage of their branding and is use it for endorsements, etc. I would rather have a Paul Molitor on my team than a Manny Ramirez.