White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,848
Blog Entries: 2
Default 7/3 Back to Reality - Orioles 4 Sox 2....

The usual stuff.
Santiago 123 pitches over 7
Jordan Danks is a pinch hitter

Orioles work counts; Santiago gets Ks (which increase pitch counts).
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 PM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Bad team does bad things.

Why in world would you ever pinch hit Baby Danks?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 AM
ZombieRob ZombieRob is online now
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Braunfels Texas
Posts: 7,057
Default

Santiago will be a real good pitcher. The Potential is surely there. Other then that, All you can do is laugh.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:24 AM
BainesHOF BainesHOF is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Oak Park, IL
Posts: 2,870
Default

Apparently, Ventura will never learn Thornton doesn't belong in a tight game.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 AM
ChicagoG19 ChicagoG19 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Armour Square
Posts: 1,027
Default

I can't recall the last season (maybe 2007) where I go into everyday expecting the Sox to lose.
__________________
2014 Sox Attendance Record - 2 - 5.

Anticipated next game: Unknown
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM
white sox bill white sox bill is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Madeline Island in Lake Superior
Posts: 3,171
Default

While I realize many folks may be gone for the Holiday weekend. But 5 posts? Mine being the 6th? Does anyone even care anymore?
__________________
"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weights" Ronnie Coleman Mr Olympia

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Crestani Crestani is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: San Diego, Ca.
Posts: 505
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
While I realize many folks may be gone for the Holiday weekend. But 5 posts? Mine being the 6th? Does anyone even care anymore?



Not really..!!
__________________
Big Kahuna says "it is what it is".
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
SOXSINCE'70 SOXSINCE'70 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: DEERFIELD
Posts: 4,975
Angry

Matt Thornton,how do I put this politely.....

YOU SUCK!!!!"
__________________
White Sox baseball - JUST WIN,BABY!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
While I realize many folks may be gone for the Holiday weekend. But 5 posts? Mine being the 6th? Does anyone even care anymore?
I watched parts of the game last night- fast forwarding via DVR- but in general- the whole operation is kind of dead in the water right now- underperforming veterans, no real prospects to get excited about, a very mellow manager, a rookie GM, stale marketing promotions, mediocre stadium operations (concession stand, customer service and scoreboard complaints), broadcast teams on radio/TV that need to be changed across the board- the only two things I see of interest in the 2nd half are potential trades at the deadline to bring us prospects (I don't think it will be much of a haul) and attending PK's last game with the Sox at the end of the season- thats about it.

To answer your question- I'm trying hard to care- but this organization makes it a challenge-
__________________
TomBradley72
http://sabr.org/bioproj/person/334c0314
2014 Record: 2-3
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,848
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
Santiago will be a real good pitcher. The Potential is surely there. Other then that, All you can do is laugh.
Santiago is just getting better.
123 is absurd, especially for this team.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-04-2013, 10:11 AM
russ99 russ99 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,583
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Bad team does bad things.

Why in world would you ever pinch hit Baby Danks?
Because Tyler Flowers is so overmatched at the big league level that he can barely put a ball in play.

And who else do we have on the bench?

Nice crowd, too bad they got so disgusted with our awful team that they did the wave in the 8th, even the hardcore season ticket holders. Epic fireworks, though.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Mr. Jinx Mr. Jinx is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Because Tyler Flowers is so overmatched at the big league level that he can barely put a ball in play.

And who else do we have on the bench?

Nice crowd, too bad they got so disgusted with our awful team that they did the wave in the 8th, even the hardcore season ticket holders. Epic fireworks, though.
The same can be said for Danks though. Lose lose situation.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is online now
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
The same can be said for Danks though. Lose lose situation.
Yeah, his options were stick with Flowers, or pinch hit one of Danks, Morel, Wells or Gimenez. No matter what he does in that situation, it's gonna be the third out and game over. That's just how it is.

I do think Robin needs to back off a little bit with the young starting pitchers. I would assume Sale, Santiago and Quintana are all part of their 2014 plans. No need for these 125-pitch outings in this lost cause of a season.

I realize they don't want to use AAA bums like Troncoso, Purcey and Castro who are filling out the bullpen right now. Unfortunately, this is what rebuilding is. You're going to have some has-beens or never-will-bes on your roster while you're killing time, waiting to acquire or develop somebody better. You're not going to win anyway, so don't ride the handful of good pitchers you have too hard. Use everybody, take your lumps.

Also, I'd cut back on some of the lefty-righty stuff. It's not important to play matchups right now. If Lindstrom comes in to work the eighth, then it's his inning, sink or swim. The team is so thin right now you can't afford to have your two or three best guys pitching every day, just for the sake of getting one or two batters out in a situational matchup. That kind of overuse is what got Crain injured in the first place.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 4-6; Total: 122-96.
Next game: Aug. 3 vs. Minnesota

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Paulwny Paulwny is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: In a Field
Posts: 6,307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Yeah, his options were stick with Flowers, or pinch hit one of Danks, Morel, Wells or Gimenez. No matter what he does in that situation, it's gonna be the third out and game over. That's just how it is.

I do think Robin needs to back off a little bit with the young starting pitchers. I would assume Sale, Santiago and Quintana are all part of their 2014 plans. No need for these 125-pitch outings in this lost cause of a season.

I realize they don't want to use AAA bums like Troncoso, Purcey and Castro who are filling out the bullpen right now. Unfortunately, this is what rebuilding is. You're going to have some has-beens or never-will-bes on your roster while you're killing time, waiting to acquire or develop somebody better. You're not going to win anyway, so don't ride the handful of good pitchers you have too hard. Use everybody, take your lumps.

Also, I'd cut back on some of the lefty-righty stuff. It's not important to play matchups right now. If Lindstrom comes in to work the eighth, then it's his inning, sink or swim. The team is so thin right now you can't afford to have your two or three best guys pitching every day, just for the sake of getting one or two batters out in a situational matchup. That kind of overuse is what got Crain injured in the first place.
Is it Ventura or is Coop telling him that we need to stretch out the young guns? I would think that Coop has quite a bit of input when it comes to the pitching.
__________________
She's the foundation I lean on, My woman, my WIFE.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
TomBradley72 TomBradley72 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Antioch, IL
Posts: 5,465
Default

2013 White Sox 33-48 -
1970 White Sox 27-51 4.5 GB

1970 team lost "yesterday" to the Twins 8-2, Horlen taking the loss, Jim Perry getting the win. Bob Spence at 1B, 0-4 with 3 Ks and an error in the field.

We need to win tonight to avoid losing a game in the "standings" vs. the 1970 Pale Hose.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:44 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.