White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 PM
WSI Prelate

Default 7/3 Back to Reality - Orioles 4 Sox 2....

The usual stuff.
Santiago 123 pitches over 7
Jordan Danks is a pinch hitter

Orioles work counts; Santiago gets Ks (which increase pitch counts).
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 PM
WSI Personality

Bad team does bad things.

Why in world would you ever pinch hit Baby Danks?
Old 07-04-2013, 12:16 AM
WSI High Priest

Santiago will be a real good pitcher. The Potential is surely there. Other then that, All you can do is laugh.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:24 AM
WSI Church Elder

Apparently, Ventura will never learn Thornton doesn't belong in a tight game.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:35 AM
WSI Personality

I can't recall the last season (maybe 2007) where I go into everyday expecting the Sox to lose.

Anticipated next game: Unknown
Old 07-04-2013, 08:57 AM
WSI Church Elder

While I realize many folks may be gone for the Holiday weekend. But 5 posts? Mine being the 6th? Does anyone even care anymore?

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 07-04-2013, 09:30 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
While I realize many folks may be gone for the Holiday weekend. But 5 posts? Mine being the 6th? Does anyone even care anymore?

Not really..!!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 AM
WSI Church Elder

Angry

Matt Thornton,how do I put this politely.....

YOU SUCK!!!!"
Old 07-04-2013, 10:01 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by white sox bill View Post
I watched parts of the game last night- fast forwarding via DVR- but in general- the whole operation is kind of dead in the water right now- underperforming veterans, no real prospects to get excited about, a very mellow manager, a rookie GM, stale marketing promotions, mediocre stadium operations (concession stand, customer service and scoreboard complaints), broadcast teams on radio/TV that need to be changed across the board- the only two things I see of interest in the 2nd half are potential trades at the deadline to bring us prospects (I don't think it will be much of a haul) and attending PK's last game with the Sox at the end of the season- thats about it.

To answer your question- I'm trying hard to care- but this organization makes it a challenge-
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 07-04-2013, 10:02 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRob View Post
Santiago will be a real good pitcher. The Potential is surely there. Other then that, All you can do is laugh.
Santiago is just getting better.
123 is absurd, especially for this team.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:11 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Bad team does bad things.

Why in world would you ever pinch hit Baby Danks?
Because Tyler Flowers is so overmatched at the big league level that he can barely put a ball in play.

And who else do we have on the bench?

Nice crowd, too bad they got so disgusted with our awful team that they did the wave in the 8th, even the hardcore season ticket holders. Epic fireworks, though.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:09 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Because Tyler Flowers is so overmatched at the big league level that he can barely put a ball in play.

And who else do we have on the bench?

Nice crowd, too bad they got so disgusted with our awful team that they did the wave in the 8th, even the hardcore season ticket holders. Epic fireworks, though.
The same can be said for Danks though. Lose lose situation.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:38 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
The same can be said for Danks though. Lose lose situation.
Yeah, his options were stick with Flowers, or pinch hit one of Danks, Morel, Wells or Gimenez. No matter what he does in that situation, it's gonna be the third out and game over. That's just how it is.

I do think Robin needs to back off a little bit with the young starting pitchers. I would assume Sale, Santiago and Quintana are all part of their 2014 plans. No need for these 125-pitch outings in this lost cause of a season.

I realize they don't want to use AAA bums like Troncoso, Purcey and Castro who are filling out the bullpen right now. Unfortunately, this is what rebuilding is. You're going to have some has-beens or never-will-bes on your roster while you're killing time, waiting to acquire or develop somebody better. You're not going to win anyway, so don't ride the handful of good pitchers you have too hard. Use everybody, take your lumps.

Also, I'd cut back on some of the lefty-righty stuff. It's not important to play matchups right now. If Lindstrom comes in to work the eighth, then it's his inning, sink or swim. The team is so thin right now you can't afford to have your two or three best guys pitching every day, just for the sake of getting one or two batters out in a situational matchup. That kind of overuse is what got Crain injured in the first place.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 07-04-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Yeah, his options were stick with Flowers, or pinch hit one of Danks, Morel, Wells or Gimenez. No matter what he does in that situation, it's gonna be the third out and game over. That's just how it is.

I do think Robin needs to back off a little bit with the young starting pitchers. I would assume Sale, Santiago and Quintana are all part of their 2014 plans. No need for these 125-pitch outings in this lost cause of a season.

I realize they don't want to use AAA bums like Troncoso, Purcey and Castro who are filling out the bullpen right now. Unfortunately, this is what rebuilding is. You're going to have some has-beens or never-will-bes on your roster while you're killing time, waiting to acquire or develop somebody better. You're not going to win anyway, so don't ride the handful of good pitchers you have too hard. Use everybody, take your lumps.

Also, I'd cut back on some of the lefty-righty stuff. It's not important to play matchups right now. If Lindstrom comes in to work the eighth, then it's his inning, sink or swim. The team is so thin right now you can't afford to have your two or three best guys pitching every day, just for the sake of getting one or two batters out in a situational matchup. That kind of overuse is what got Crain injured in the first place.
Is it Ventura or is Coop telling him that we need to stretch out the young guns? I would think that Coop has quite a bit of input when it comes to the pitching.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:51 PM
WSI High Priest

2013 White Sox 33-48 -
1970 White Sox 27-51 4.5 GB

1970 team lost "yesterday" to the Twins 8-2, Horlen taking the loss, Jim Perry getting the win. Bob Spence at 1B, 0-4 with 3 Ks and an error in the field.

We need to win tonight to avoid losing a game in the "standings" vs. the 1970 Pale Hose.