White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 07:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Just for grins, how many of you remember in 1974 when McDonalds owner Ray Kroc bought the Padres. In their first home game under his ownership the Padres were stinking up the joint and around the 7th inning he got on the PA system and apologized to the fans for the lousy play of the Padres that night.
Don't ever remember that ever happening anywhere else.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 07-02-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Actually, Maple Leafs revamped their roster after the apology and made the playoffs for 1st time in years this season. So their blah blah blah worked.

Red Sox sent their season ticket holders an apology after last season. Seems like their blah blah blah is also working
Yeah, and there's probably hundreds if not thousands of bad teams who turned it around without all the blah, blah, blah.

I don't need the Sox to try and cuddle me and make me feel gooey on the inside. I just need them to make a better team.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Actually, Maple Leafs revamped their roster after the apology and made the playoffs for 1st time in years this season. So their blah blah blah worked.

Red sox sent their season ticket holders an apology after last season. Seems like their blah blah blah is also working
Once again it's an apology they did not go into specifics about their roster moves prior to or after their apologies. So, if the Sox said "we're sorry about the product we put on the field" you'd be OK with it?, even if they didn't go into specifics.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:48 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulwny View Post
Once again it's an apology they did not go into specifics about their roster moves prior to or after their apologies. So, if the Sox said "we're sorry about the product we put on the field" you'd be OK with it?, even if they didn't go into specifics.
I am not a season ticket holder, just a fan of 50 years. You said the team owes the fans nothing and I disagreed. At some point they owe the fans an apology for putting a poor product on the field. They need to make changes. Obviously they cannot go into specifics now and most of the changes will probably not be done until the offseason.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I am not a season ticket holder, just a fan of 50 years. You said the team owes the fans nothing and I disagreed. At some point they owe the fans an apology for putting a poor product on the field. They need to make changes. Obviously they cannot go into specifics now and most of the changes will probably not be done until the offseason.
Where did I ever say the Sox owe the fans nothing. I stated that the Sox only need to explain the situation that was created and possible remedies
with stock holders (JR's Buddies).
You're the one who stated" So season ticket holders have a right to ask for an explanation", now you've changed it to an apology. Which do you want an apology or an explanation?, I'm getting confused.
FWIW, I've been a Sox fan for over 50+ yrs.