White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 04:21 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
Thompson, Webb, Sanchez, Castro and Walker all have legitimate shots at being contributors. The lower levels have a lot of high upside talent. Yeah, they're more than 2 years off, just like 99% of all players at the low levels. The farm system is far from good, but it's not as barren as you'd like everyone to believe. Lets see where we're at after the deadline.
This draft looks to have a couple of gems in it, as well. I know it's only been a few games at the lowest levels, but I am already in love with Trey Michalczewski. Supposedly was a potential 1st or 2nd round talent that slipped because teams didn't think they could convince him to go pro.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:29 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
There aren't any future aces, but half the organizations in baseball don't have an ace anywhere, including the MLB club. Johnson and Beck have the ability to be front line starters though.
But they don't, and that is okay. They do not project to be a 1 or 2, so therefore they are not "front line" quality. Think Gavin Floyd as their ceiling, solid, reliable, good number 3 or 4 on a winning team, and MAYBE a 2 on a BAD team.

There is nothing wrong with the fact they do not profile as a Chris Sale or Jake Peavy Talent.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
This draft looks to have a couple of gems in it, as well. I know it's only been a few games at the lowest levels, but I am already in love with Trey Michalczewski. Supposedly was a potential 1st or 2nd round talent that slipped because teams didn't think they could convince him to go pro.
You had to love Hahn's aggression in this draft. You don't fix a farm in a year, but 2 or 3 more years of this, especially with well executed trades at the deadlines, and we could see a much brighter future ahead of the Sox. Between the draft and the international period (where our farm just hit a monster Home Run), you likely will see 6 of our top 10 being new names added this year (maybe more if you assume we could land some top specs for Rios and Peavy if/when they are dealt).
Old 07-01-2013, 05:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Chez is probably my favorite pick of the draft. The plate discipline he's showing as an 18 year old is fantastic. Picks like Danish, Andrew Mitchell, and some of the other prep arms they grabbed pleased me. The fact that Anderson is thriving with an aggressive assignment as a raw prospect in A-ball is also encouraging. The system is still bottom third, but with a high pick in next year's draft coupled with the Sox actually signing international prospects this year and last year has me hopeful.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
But they don't, and that is okay. They do not project to be a 1 or 2, so therefore they are not "front line" quality. Think Gavin Floyd as their ceiling, solid, reliable, good number 3 or 4 on a winning team, and MAYBE a 2 on a BAD team.

There is nothing wrong with the fact they do not profile as a Chris Sale or Jake Peavy Talent.
Yep. Erik Johnson looks like a solid middle of the rotation type which is plenty valuable. Beck has a nice ERA and groundball rate, but he needs to start striking out some more batters. Not entirely sold on him yet.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
This article makes it clear to me that Hahn knows what's up with the Sox and that he's ready to deal.
That article looked like an explanation to me. Unless you were expecting a witch burning, it should do for now.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM
WSI Prelate

I personally think I am owed an explanation from the makers of World War Z as to why it sucks. I paid $18 to see it! I am a customer and zombie enthusiast!

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
I personally think I am owed an explanation from the makers of World War Z as to why it sucks. I paid $18 to see it! I am a customer and zombie enthusiast!
You need to explain why you paid 18 bucks to see a movie, seriously is that what it costs to see a movie up there?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:40 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
You need to explain why you paid 18 bucks to see a movie, seriously is that what it costs to see a movie up there?
No. I think Kittle took a trip to Manhattan or something...
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

If you see it in 3D in an Omnimax theater it might well cost that much depending on where you go. 3D in a standard theater around me is around $11.

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 07-01-2013, 06:55 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
If you see it in 3D in an Omnimax theater it might well cost that much depending on where you go. 3D in a standard theater around me is around $11.
The first 3D movie released in 1953 was House of Wax with Vincent Price, I paid 25 cents to see it.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:56 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Not sure what your definition of an ace is. I think yesterday's game featured 2 aces in Sale and Masterson. I think if either was on better teams they would get more support and greater attention.
I think he meant half the teams in baseball don't have an ace in the majors, or a future ace in the minors. I don't think he specifically meant the White Sox and Indians.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:01 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
The first 3D movie released in 1953 was House of Wax with Vincent Price, I paid 25 cents to see it.
$2.18 in today's currency.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:21 PM
WSI Regular

do they owe me explanation? probably not but if were open to trade almost everyone i would like someone other than the guys who saw talent in flowers[he was not in titled to a chance] deaza, viceado,keppinger,come on management were fans of the team. every day sloppy play is on players and coaching staff were just going thru the motions.i hope we can some talent but the idiots in charge scare me.i won't rant about our bad signings but we have far more than good signings
Old 07-01-2013, 08:36 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Yeah, I've seen those 3-D movies they sucked. You should check out one of the new ones, worth the extra 3 bucks...