White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2013, 02:41 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
There are three or four guys here that despise Reinsdorf, and that is their agenda. This stuff is predictable at this point.
His tenure has been a very mixed bag. I believe I've said on more than one occasion I admire his Horatio Alger personal success story. Some things he's said and done have made me angry, but that's life. Not hate. I really wish we could get to a point that didn't equate every criticism as a hate crime. It gets tiresome. Especially for someone like me who is such a cupcake in person.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Maybe I should have said that management owes the fans an apology over the crappy things we have seen so far. If you are not that bothered by all this that's fine, everybody is different. I am a very emotional person when it comes to White Sox baseball and have invested over 60 years of passion with this team and if I want to be pouty and throw temper tantrums, thats my perogative.
9th highest payroll. 25th highest attendance. They owe us an apology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 06-30-2013, 02:50 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
For the crappy play, yes.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
For the crappy play, yes.
Call Hahn and tell him you want 20 individual calls from the 20 players performing under expectations.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:05 PM
WSI High Priest

No explanation needed, anyone with baseball sense sees what happened. What are they planning in the future? Keep your eyes and ears open, we will see. Actions speak louder than words.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:07 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
His tenure has been a very mixed bag. I believe I've said on more than one occasion I admire his Horatio Alger personal success story. Some things he's said and done have made me angry, but that's life. Not hate. I really wish we could get to a point that didn't equate every criticism as a hate crime. It gets tiresome. Especially for someone like me who is such a cupcake in person.
SI, I wasn't including you, for the record. I know Lip and Nell have a grudge against JR for things that happened 30 years ago.

2013 Attendance Record: 7-9, .438
Old 06-30-2013, 03:58 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Don't worry, by the time that happens, the Blackhawks will suck again and 90% of the bandwagon fanbase will be rooting for whatever hot team is happening (no disrespect to the hardcores here.)
Don't hold your breath. Unlike the Sox, the Hawks front office isn't going to let this opportunity pass them by. These kids that are sporting Kane jerseys are future season ticket holders. And for the life of me, and can't understand the resentment some feel over the Hawks newfound popularity. As a Sox fan, it's upsetting that the organization failed to capitalize on '05. I couldn't care less if people jumped on the bandwagon. The more the merrier...
Old 06-30-2013, 04:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
SI, I wasn't including you, for the record. I know Lip and Nell have a grudge against JR for things that happened 30 years ago.
I don't hate the man but yes I'm not happy with what he's done over the years.
To this day I don't believe old Comiskey could not have been saved. JR wanted out of the Southside and when the Addison thing fell through he had to settle for a new park in the same location with the best lease in pro sports. Poor fellow.
All this in addition to a threat to move the team to St. Pete.

I guess he gets a pass from a lot of you for 2005, if that didn't happen, how would people feel.

I was not a fan of Bill Veeck either plus the second time around he had hardly any money to run the team. Free agency did him in. Art Allyn was ok as we had 3 straight years of 90 plus wins in a row and almost stole a pennant in 67. Art Allyns big mistake was leaving WGN and going to UHF when very few had TVs with UHF. John Allyn ran out of money also. The poor Comiskey family never recovered from 1919, despite that, the 50s were great under Chuck Comiskey but his sister stabbed him in the back and sold her majority portion to Veeck in his first term as owner, he turns around and trades away some great young talent.

Bottom line is that the Sox down through the years have not been blessed with great ownership.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-30-2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:14 PM
WSI Personality

Default The Good and the Bad

1) The Good: The attendance hasn't been bad this year. When you consider how bad the weather has been this spring and factor in the White Sox are a last place team. I read an article on another website earlier this year where the writer pointed out how the White Sox went crazy with their ticket prices after the 2005 season. He maintained that if the White Sox would of had lower ticket prices they would of drawn more people the last few years. It looks like he was right. They drew 81,000 people this weekend against the Indians. These lower ticket prices have proven to be popular. Hopefully they will continue this practice of lower ticket prices in the coming seasons.
2) The Bad: The White Sox management doesn't owe us any explanation about what has happened this miserable 2013 season. I am surprised that Rick Hahn has done absolutely NOTHING with this team the past month. It's hard to believe he hasn't done something/anything to change this sinking ship. Usually when a team tanks like this one has done, some sort of change is made. I'm just hoping he does SOMETHING before this season ends.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:23 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

You could pay the '03 Tigers a billion dollars, wouldn't mean anyone would want to watch them play anymore than if they were all on minimum salary.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:47 PM
WSI Church Elder

White Sox management can do what it wants and not explain anything. We can do what we want and not bother going to see its lousy excuse for a franchise.

It's funny how some defend management' rights but foam at the mouth when the stadium is more than half empty and demand to know why fans don't come out.

Of course, the team can do what it wants. However, it is in a people-pleasing, customer service related business. The worst thing for the Sox right now is not its on-the-field play as bad as that is. It is leaving the impression that there is no sense of urgency or that they don't know what they are doing to dig themselves out of this mess. Even the most die-hard fan will stay away if there is a loss of confidence in ownership. I can put up with losing for a time; I have already done enough of that as a Sox fan. But it is another story if I think ownership is totally inept. And I really think this management doesn't have the ability to change things.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:15 PM
WSI Personality

Part of the problem is that there are two clear groups on the team: the young guys and the old horses.

The old horses aren't going to be around much more than a year or two. Most of the young guys have shown that they aren't starter material for the club.

So what do you do? Seems like everyone wants the manager's head on a stick. How's that going to fix things?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:23 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Fans go to the park for Ws, for which we are tied for 27th.
They don't go to the park to watch payrolls for the sake of payroll.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

The team sucks, and there aren't very good prospects for the next couple years not being miserable. It sucks, but it is what it is. If you've been paying attention at all, you know what all the problems are, and I'm sure the front office does too, but knowing the problems doesn't make them easy to fix. An "explanation" would be utterly pointless.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:47 PM
WSI Prelate

Never once in sports has what you want to happen, happen. And if Hahn comes out and explains exactly what he is going to do, I would probably stop paying attention forever.

The entitlement is insane.