White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM
WSI Regular

Default White Sox Tigers brawl - 2000 (video)

I have been looking for this video for a long, long time and this morning I finally found it. Greatest fight I've ever seen in a baseball game. (skip to about 1:15)
Old 06-28-2013, 08:18 AM
WSI Personality

Oh yea, good times! This team needs something like this again to get a fire in them and gel. If I remember correctly, that series kicked the 2000 team into gear.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 AM
WSI Church Elder

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/2...220CHA2000.htm

Quote:
Ejections: Doug Brocail by Jerry Crawford; Robert Fick by Jerry Crawford; Dean Palmer by Jerry Crawford; Danny Patterson by Jerry Crawford; Jeff Weaver by Mike Everitt; Bob Howry by Mike Everitt; CHI Manager Jerry Manuel by Jerry Crawford; CHI Coach Joe Nossek by Mike Everitt; Magglio Ordonez by Jerry Crawford; Bill Simas by Jerry Crawford; Tanyon Sturtze by Mike Everitt
Pretty decent brawl. But IMO the Pascual Perez beanball war between the Braves and Padres in 1984 tops it. Thirteen players and managers ejected, five fans arrested.

http://www.retrosheet.org/boxesetc/1...120ATL1984.htm
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM
WSI High Priest

I was a few rows behind the Sox dugout with incredible seats for this game. This was a major, major brawl. It actually flared up about three times.
Fick, that piece of ****, flicked off the crowd while exiting towards the bullpen and got a beer shower from the crowd.
Foulke came back to the dugout with a cut under his eye and got a standing ovation.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Holy crap. Check out the cheap shot by Juan Encarnacion (#34) at some player or coach on the White Sox at 7:48.
Also, a Higginson cheap shot elbow on Parque at 9:07.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:37 AM
WSI Regular

Brings back some great memories.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwag View Post
Oh yea, good times! This team needs something like this again to get a fire in them and gel. If I remember correctly, that series kicked the 2000 team into gear.
Ah. The old "fire" theory raises it's head.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
Ah. The old "fire" theory raises it's head.
Punching and kicking at people increases your ability to hit the ball. Not sure about catching though...
Old 06-28-2013, 09:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Matt Anderson, Weaver and Fick were total headcases.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwag View Post
Funny too that Kirk Gibson was saying it might be just what the Tigers need to get jump started. Ha.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
WSI Church Elder

Josh Lewin's description of the brawls was pretty bad. He's improved as a broadcaster since 2000. Fick, Brocail, Higginson, Weaver -- what a bunch of tools. Seems like there might have been a lot of 'roid rage coming from the Tigers dug-out.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madvora View Post
I was a few rows behind the Sox dugout with incredible seats for this game. This was a major, major brawl. It actually flared up about three times.
Fick, that piece of ****, flicked off the crowd while exiting towards the bullpen and got a beer shower from the crowd.
Foulke came back to the dugout with a cut under his eye and got a standing ovation.
I was probably sitting 10 rows behind you at that game. To this day, it is the only game I've attended where there was a bench clearing brawl and boy what a doozy. There were actually several parts to that brawl if I remember right. The big one was the one Palmer started by throwing his helmet at Parque but there was one later in the game too when Howry plunked a Tigers hitter and then Weaver (who had already been ejected) came out of the locker room to join in the second brawl.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-28-2013, 12:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
I was probably sitting 10 rows behind you at that game. To this day, it is the only game I've attended where there was a bench clearing brawl and boy what a doozy. There were actually several parts to that brawl if I remember right. The big one was the one Palmer started by throwing his helmet at Parque but there was one later in the game too when Howry plunked a Tigers hitter and then Weaver (who had already been ejected) came out of the locker room to join in the second brawl.
I always thought that it was Palmer that came running out of the clubhouse in street clothes, but rewatching it now, he still had his uniform on. I think someone did, but I don't think it was Weaver.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

IIRC that game was in April, maybe during the week? Great brawl though

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)
Old 06-28-2013, 06:07 PM
WSI Personality

Wasn't one of the Tiger coaches (Samuel?) in the thick of things throwing haymakers as well?