White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 05:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
It would be a lot easier to say, "Well, at least they won," and laugh it off if crap like this wasn't happening on such a regular basis.

Just look at the last three games. Saturday, Rios and De Aza turned a routine fly to right-center into a triple and made Crain's job harder than it needed to be. Sunday, Ramirez pissed the game away by missing a routine grounder to SS. Then tonight, you've got Beckham making a jackass out of himself and allowing the tying run to score in the ninth inning.

The misplay didn't ultimately cost the Sox the game tonight, but this team has paid dearly throughout the season with this kind of garbage. Their position in the standings proves it. It's embarrassing for a professional team to take the field every day and play like this.
Maybe they need a change of scenery- all of them.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:37 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chisoxjtrain View Post
This is stuff the 1919 Black Sox did in the WS.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:46 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
It's even funnier st full speed. That looks like my 8-year olds pee wee game. And thanks. Rough day.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
Glad they got the win, but sheesh, that goofup was awful.

After a bumpy first inning, Sale pitches yet another great game - yet doesn't get the win. That's really gotta suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales 47s
Beckham: "I'm an idiot.''
Details

Can't really argue.
Agree on all counts.

The look on Robin's face when they showed him in the dugout said it all. I feel bad for Robin because he did not come here to manage this bad Sox team.

WTH was Gordon thinking?

I am annoyed that Gordon's stupidity cost Chris Sale a win.

Kudos to Alexei for getting the game-winning hit.
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:13 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
Agreed but I could not believe my eyes when Ventura had Flowers swinging away. And sure enough he would have hit into a double play if it wasn't for the pitcher being late covering first base. If he does not have the skills to sacrifice the runners over then he should have been pinch hit for. They won this game in spite of their selves. Please do not trade Sale.
Agree completely. And to make matters worse, one batter earlier Robin had one of his hotest hitters (Beckham) bunt TO GET TO FLOWERS!! So if Hawkins had not muffed the bunt, the Sox would have had one out and a runner on second with Flowers up. Yea!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 AM
WSI Personality

What exactly was Reed doing on that play? He's just as much at fault for just standing on the mound like a tee ball kid watching the ball in the sky. He has to take responsibility to yell at Beckham to stop if he can't hear Connor.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
I think its obvious that since Beckham has come back he has been pushing too hard defensively trying to make up for everyone else's mistakes and trying too hard to be perfect.

Errors are going to happen but Beckham has been outstanding as a defender save for these last 3 weeks or so. I'm not too concerned as I think he will slow himself down and get back to being good.

That was the only time in all of my years of watching the Sox that I actually laughed out loud when they blew the lead in the 9th instead of being pissed. As the GIF shows that play is so bad on every level that it is just comedic.

Good to see our offense put together some nice AB's against a guy we've never seen before. Maybe a big homestand can put us 5 or 6 back of the division lead...can dream right?
LOL! Everyone else has been called lazy and stupid because of poor defense, but Beckham is trying too hard? Good Lord. I've never seen so many people make excuses for a bad player. It's just amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 06-26-2013, 07:49 AM
WSI High Priest

Ventura owns this mess- he should be embarrassed that the team he's managed for 2 seasons plays baseball like this-

No excuses- poor fundamentals and mental mistakes- the manager owns that.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 06-26-2013, 07:51 AM
WSI High Priest

Old 06-26-2013, 08:02 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Ventura owns this mess- he should be embarrassed that the team he's managed for 2 seasons plays baseball like this-

No excuses- poor fundamentals and mental mistakes- the manager owns that.

When you have such a beloved figure as Robin Ventura as the Manager, he gets a pass. However, ever since the the late season meltdown of last year, this both Robin and this team have been a disaster.

For this reason is why I hate it that Robin is our Manager. The stink of this team is tarnishing his Sox legacy.

Robin, is one of my all time Sox favorites. That being said, the team has steadily regressed. The fundemental mistakes they make are getting worse. Robin's decision making also seems to be regressing.

Something, something has to be changed. With great regreat I say:

FIRE ROBIN VENTURA
Old 06-26-2013, 08:16 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Man.. I didn't see the game so I didn't get to hear the call from Hawk, but wow. I'm a fan of Hawk but that was brutal. Especially the end you have got to be KIDDING me!
Old 06-26-2013, 08:35 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
What exactly was Reed doing on that play? He's just as much at fault for just standing on the mound like a tee ball kid watching the ball in the sky. He has to take responsibility to yell at Beckham to stop if he can't hear Connor.
I agree. Anyone who has been an infielder knows that it is very easy to lose track of where you are when chasing a popup. It happens a lot w the catcher and 1st and 3rd baseman chasing foul pops. The pitcher is supposed to call off one player when 2 players each are making the call.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kenny View Post
When you have such a beloved figure as Robin Ventura as the Manager, he gets a pass. However, ever since the the late season meltdown of last year, this both Robin and this team have been a disaster.

For this reason is why I hate it that Robin is our Manager. The stink of this team is tarnishing his Sox legacy.

Robin, is one of my all time Sox favorites. That being said, the team has steadily regressed. The fundemental mistakes they make are getting worse. Robin's decision making also seems to be regressing.

Something, something has to be changed. With great regreat I say:

FIRE ROBIN VENTURA
I agree- he's probably my all time favorite White Sox- but he's at a crossroads- so many players regressing and they just seem to play in a "fog"- he needs to show the ability to shake them up and get them back on track- that's what managers do. From last September -> now- not a good baseball team-
Old 06-26-2013, 09:40 AM
WSI Church Elder

A team is a reflection of its manager.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:18 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
LOL! Everyone else has been called lazy and stupid because of poor defense, but Beckham is trying too hard? Good Lord. I've never seen so many people make excuses for a bad player. It's just amazing.
Beckham's track record is much better than Rios, De Aza, Ramirez, ect. He wasn't making boneheaded plays until he came back off the DL.

He's not a bad player either. Average maybe, but definitely not bad.