White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2013, 11:47 AM
WSI Guru

Don't forget Fernandez but remember those players came at a cost.

Four straight losing seasons and five losing seasons out of six.

If you are willing to accept bad seasons for the right to get a very high pick that's how it comes about.

Personally I never thought I'd say this but I'm leaning in that direction PROVIDED new ownership / new front office is brought in.

Otherwise you run the risk of the same folks who have butchered the farm system the past decade making the same errors judgment-wise on draft picks.

Lip
Old 06-16-2013, 01:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
If you are willing to accept bad seasons for the right to get a very high pick that's how it comes about.

Lip
Looks like we've got at least one of those coming our way. If the Sox can't even beat the Astros, we should be looking at a top 5 pick next year easily. We're lined up for six already.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:02 PM
WSI Personality

Last nights 7-5 loss to the Twins showed why Dunn should no longer be on the White Sox. In the first inning Beckham was charged with a throwing error. And yeah it was a bad throw but even Steve Stone pointed out that Konerko would of caught the ball. Dunn didn't. Dunn missed a throw in the dirt which most first basemen would of caught. Dunn can't do anything except hit a home run every now and then. He can't hit for average. He can't run, throw or catch a baseball. When he was in his last year of his contract in Washington one of the Toronto writers asked the Toronto GM about the possibilties of the Blue Jays signing Dunn at the end of the year. His response was no, he wasn't interested. He said Dunn had never done one thing to improve his baseball skills in all the years he played. The story was printed and the Toronto GM was forced to apologize about his remarks about Dunn. I posted once before by saying that I'm just happy when Dunn hits the ball. I'm happier when Dunn catches the ball when he's playing first base. I will be happiest when Dunn is longer a member of the White Sox. I'm fairly confident that this will be the last year for Dunn on the Southside of Chicago.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:28 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Last nights 7-5 loss to the Twins showed why Dunn should no longer be on the White Sox. In the first inning Beckham was charged with a throwing error. And yeah it was a bad throw but even Steve Stone pointed out that Konerko would of caught the ball. Dunn didn't. Dunn missed a throw in the dirt which most first basemen would of caught. Dunn can't do anything except hit a home run every now and then. He can't hit for average. He can't run, throw or catch a baseball. When he was in his last year of his contract in Washington one of the Toronto writers asked the Toronto GM about the possibilties of the Blue Jays signing Dunn at the end of the year. His response was no, he wasn't interested. He said Dunn had never done one thing to improve his baseball skills in all the years he played. The story was printed and the Toronto GM was forced to apologize about his remarks about Dunn. I posted once before by saying that I'm just happy when Dunn hits the ball. I'm happier when Dunn catches the ball when he's playing first base. I will be happiest when Dunn is longer a member of the White Sox. I'm fairly confident that this will be the last year for Dunn on the Southside of Chicago.
Golden: You list all Dunn's shortcomings. But then you say you are confident he will not be back. If he is terrible, who is going to take him and his huge salary?? Do you really think Hahn is going to convince management to eat his $14 mil??? I think the only hope( a real longshot) is the Sox convince someone to take him but still pay the bulk of his salary. That probably means they replace him with a real cheap option or hold on and hope somehow he has a better year next year. Kind of damned if you do.........................
Old 06-19-2013, 06:33 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Golden: You list all Dunn's shortcomings. But then you say you are confident he will not be back. If he is terrible, who is going to take him and his huge salary?? Do you really think Hahn is going to convince management to eat his $14 mil??? I think the only hope( a real longshot) is the Sox convince someone to take him but still pay the bulk of his salary. That probably means they replace him with a real cheap option or hold on and hope somehow he has a better year next year. Kind of damned if you do.........................
I believe even the White Sox will eat the last year of his contract- vs. bringing him back for a 4th tortuous season of this nightmare contact.
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 06-19-2013, 08:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
I believe even the White Sox will eat the last year of his contract- vs. bringing him back for a 4th tortuous season of this nightmare contact.
Sounds like Kenny Williams disagrees:

"Dunn still has one more season remaining on his four-year deal and with Konerko possibly moving on after this year, he could end up taking over at first base, for one season anyway. While the returns haven't been what the White Sox expected, Williams isn't going to call Dunn a bust.

"First and foremost he was a good hitter, a guy who got on base, a guy that took the ball to the opposite field and drove in runs," Williams said. "Everybody can get away from their game no matter what the sport is, and he got away from it a little bit, but it's really encouraging to see how he's going about his business now."
Old 06-19-2013, 08:27 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Sounds like Kenny Williams disagrees:

"Dunn still has one more season remaining on his four-year deal and with Konerko possibly moving on after this year, he could end up taking over at first base, for one season anyway. While the returns haven't been what the White Sox expected, Williams isn't going to call Dunn a bust.

"First and foremost he was a good hitter, a guy who got on base, a guy that took the ball to the opposite field and drove in runs," Williams said. "Everybody can get away from their game no matter what the sport is, and he got away from it a little bit, but it's really encouraging to see how he's going about his business now."
When did he say this? And where?
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
When did he say this? And where?

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/whit...ree-agent-bust
Old 06-19-2013, 10:25 PM
WSI Personality

To say "that Dunn got away from his game a little bit" has to be the understatement of the century. I already wish that this season was over with. If Dunn is back next year, I'm already looking forward to the 2015 season.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:34 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
To say "that Dunn got away from his game a little bit" has to be the understatement of the century. I already wish that this season was over with. If Dunn is back next year, I'm already looking forward to the 2015 season.
Adam Dunn playing or not playing for the White Sox will be one of the least crucial things that determines the fate of the 2014 Sox.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:41 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Thanks for the link.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:54 PM
WSI Regular

Dunn is simply the most demoralizing player that I can remember with the White Sox. There have been many poor players, however, none with such a contract, expectations, and in the lineup everyday. I don't know if they will keep him, trade him, or buy him out. I do know they can never move forward with him.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danryan View Post
Dunn is simply the most demoralizing player that I can remember with the White Sox. There have been many poor players, however, none with such a contract, expectations, and in the lineup everyday. I don't know if they will keep him, trade him, or buy him out. I do know they can never move forward with him.
I agree completely. He's a giant boat anchor.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

He reminds me of this 73 acre plot of farm land that my siblings and I inherited after my Moms death. We cant move it w/o taking a huge bath. Like Dunn, its a white elephant

RIP Casey Viator youngest ever AAU Mr America (age 19)