White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 05:16 PM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official* 6-22 Exorcising more KC demons; SOX 3 KC 2 Postgamer

Enjoyable win
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:17 PM
WSI Prelate

Default *Official* We Own Them In K.C. Postgame Thread

And Reed finally adds to his save total again.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:19 PM
WSI High Priest

A winning streak.
What happens if we roll off 10 in a row, do we keep this cast of characters?
Old 06-22-2013, 05:29 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quintana good, Lindstrom good, Crain good, Reed good, and Sox offense was just good enough today.

Kudos to Jesse Crain for pitching out of a jam in the 8th after Rios dropped that ball.

Back to back Sox wins in KC? I'll take it!

Keep on winning, White Sox!
October26 - Twenty-SEVEN years ago, I married my husband on October 26. Since that day, we have been blessed with a wonderful family. Then, on October 26, 2005, when the baseball gods bestowed their good fortunes upon us, we saw the White Sox win the World Series. An incredibly talented team of grinders made every Sox fan's dream come true. My family and I celebrated with reckless abandon. And now, we look forward to that day when our White Sox will once again be World Series Champions!

Last edited by October26; 06-22-2013 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-22-2013, 05:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
A winning streak.
What happens if we roll off 10 in a row, do we keep this cast of characters?
Nellie I know your talking with your heart; but in your mind you know we don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning with this team. I wish like you we did; but if this team finishes 500 it would be quiet a accomplishment. The Sox need help in CF, LF ,and catcher now!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Winning feels a bit strange after losing so much .. the last couple of games have been so easy to watch .. now i want more of the same..
Old 06-22-2013, 05:37 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
Nellie I know your talking with your heart; but in your mind you know we don't have a snowballs chance in hell of winning with this team. I wish like you we did; but if this team finishes 500 it would be quiet a accomplishment. The Sox need help in CF, LF ,and catcher now!!!
I know but I remember the 76 team which won 64 games pulling off 10 in a row at one point.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:58 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I know but I remember the 76 team which won 64 games pulling off 10 in a row at one point.
Just like I said Nellie you are thinking with your heart. That team had a real catcher in Downing a CF in Lemon and still ended up in last place with 97 loses. If this team stays as is they will probably finish with around the same record. Let's go way back and hope they have more of the 59 team in them. One that could field run and play fundamental baseball.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:07 PM
WSI Church Elder

After years of mediocre Sox teams losing to bad KC teams it's nice to return the favor.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:20 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Just like I said Nellie you are thinking with your heart. That team had a real catcher in Downing a CF in Lemon and still ended up in last place with 97 loses. If this team stays as is they will probably finish with around the same record. Let's go way back and hope they have more of the 59 team in them. One that could field run and play fundamental baseball.
And if they don't stay "as is" they will wind up with a worse record because tradeable players will be traded. Oh, poo, it was a nice game to watch and I did because I love baseball and the Sox.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by october26 View Post
quintana good, lindstrom good, crain good, reed good, and sox offense was just good enough today.

Kudos to jesse crain for pitching out of a jam in the 8th after rios dropped that ball.

Back to back sox wins in kc? I'll take it!

Keep on winning, white sox!
+1!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:33 PM
WSI Church Elder

No PTC winner yet, but we're so stunned by two in a row that we've forgotten how this works. The Totally Biased Game Recap is here nonetheless, describing a rare victory.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Calling Downing a real catcher is a bit of a stretch. He wasn't that much better than Flowers defensively, at least in those early years with the White Sox. He started behind the plate in less than half the Sox games, though, and Jim Essian was pretty good defensively, and wasn't much worse than Downing offensive. Chet Lemon was very good too. He needed to be as bad as the Sox pitching was.

Most of the best teams in White Sox history lacked hitting, though. Today's win was a good fundamental win, the sort of win that good White Sox teams tended to convert. If the Sox had taken advantage of similar available opportunities early in the season, this would be a different season. Good things can happen when you don't strike out with runners on first and second and nobody out. Good things can happen when you don't strike out with a runner at third and less than two out. The White Sox only got one hit in the ninth when they took the lead, and that was Viciedo's leadoff single.

The Royals not scoring their one-out triple the previous half-inning cost them the game. Another way to look at it would be Crain preventing the Royals from scoring their one-out triple the previous half-inning set the stage for the Sox to win the game by manufacturing a run. In the stats sheet, Beckham's pinch-hitting appearance looks like a failure, but advancing the runner to third with a fly out where the run could score on another fly out was huge.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:36 PM
WSI's 2010 Preseason Prediction Contest Winner

NOW they beat the Royals! Could've used that last year fellas!
Old 06-22-2013, 10:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

These past two victories change nothing.

Great to see Crain continue his streak in spite of the De Aza-Rios debacle.

When Danks pinch-ran in a tie game I expected him to get picked off. He almost did. The guy isn't too bright.

Quintana is a keeper.

I hope Keppinger keeps hitting so we can dump him as soon as possible.