White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 05:46 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Uh, as are the other 26 teams.
But most of them aren't big market teams like we are supposed to be.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 06-20-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:15 PM
WSI Personality

The only thing left this 2013 season is seeing what/if anything Hahn does with the team. Who he trades, who he acquires, what coach or coaches get fired. Maybe even a new manager. Needless to say I just wish he would do something/anything. The sooner the better. I just can't see him blowing up this team entirely. I'm sure JR doesn't want the White Sox becoming the Miami Marlins. I would think they will try to add to this team through trades and some free agent signings in the off season.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:36 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
It will be interesting to see what the Sox do about the manager position.. they very well may feel like the talent is there on the current roster.. in the form of DeAza, Viciedo, Ramirez, Flowers, Gillespie and Keppinger... .
I think that talent would result in an average AAA team.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:43 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
I heard Farmer and then Rongey talk a lot about how Danks was missing his spots, as if he starts hitting his spots then everything will be okay. Part of being an effective pitcher is having good enough stuff to get away with missing your spots. Danks does not have Major League stuff right now. He's going to get hit hard in most of his outings. Why put him in the bullpen when he's going to suck there, too? Send him to the minors and bring him back up if/when he improves. Right now he's Jim Parque.

Williams does not deserve to hold any job in the organization after giving Danks $50 million.
It's going to be awhile before Danks returns to form, just like Peavy . Still that contract was madness , he never showed himself to be anything but a solid 4 on a good team. I agree it's laughable KW is still around . Seems like the shelf life of a WS win is about 8 years , lots of people finally realizing the damage done by KW the last 5 years or so.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:29 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
I'm trying to figure out if I'm more depressed or just damn mad about this team.
The surrender flag is fitting because I think this team has already given up.
I putting the blame right at the top, JR your time is up. A fish rots from the head. Except for 2005, your regime has been a dismal failure.
Come on, that is silly.

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 06-20-2013, 07:30 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
What sucks too is that there is over half a season left and nothing to look forward too. There is absolutely no way this team is coming back and having a respectable season.

I have season tickets and most Sox fans are just not going to the park when the team is this bad. Baseball is over at this point.
So true, and so freakin' sad. All I can hope for is a couple of ridiculuous winning streaks that would at least make the Sox fun to watch for a while.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

What's odd about this team is nobody has popped off during a historic implosion. I'm not saying people don't care, but I just find it weird that nobody's emotions have bubbled over out of frustration. You see it all the time in similar situations, but not with this team. It's like the veterans are content with their fat contracts and they probably don't care much about the future because they won't be a part of it. And the young players are just sort of following their lead.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:56 PM
WSI Church Elder

Sorry I missed the Farmio comment. He's been sick lately, maybe whatever medicine he's taking has loosened his tongue. Or maybe he's just been worn down.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:02 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Coming back from shoulder surgery is tough, give him another year to build up his strength and we should know better.
Yes, agree.

Most pitchers struggle their first year back from surgery. The second year back tells the tale.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Come on, that is silly.
We're just going to have to deal with people throwing themselves a pity party for most of the summer.

Really, it's almost as unbearable as the product on the field.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Maybe never? Apparently I am bad luck
Old 06-20-2013, 09:19 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
We're just going to have to deal with people throwing themselves a pity party for most of the summer.

Really, it's almost as unbearable as the product on the field.
I don't understand, are we suppose to be doing cartwheels over the plight of this team. I'm a diehard and this season so far is killing me and it sounds like Frank Thomas feels the same way.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:21 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
What's odd about this team is nobody has popped off during a historic implosion. I'm not saying people don't care, but I just find it weird that nobody's emotions have bubbled over out of frustration. You see it all the time in similar situations, but not with this team. It's like the veterans are content with their fat contracts and they probably don't care much about the future because they won't be a part of it. And the young players are just sort of following their lead.
To do that legitimately, you have to be having a good year and be somewhat of a veteran. That's Crain and Rios.

I'm hoping and praying that Peavy pitches well immediately off the shelf- he's our hope to rebuild.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:24 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Which of other 29 MLB teams wishes they were the Sox, now? Maybe the fans should focus on that to bring them out of their funk..
Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 PM
WSI Personality

On the plus side, I've never paid any attention to the MLB draft. At this rate we should have a top 5 pick which should be exciting.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I don't understand, are we suppose to be doing cartwheels over the plight of this team. I'm a diehard and this season so far is killing me and it sounds like Frank Thomas feels the same way.
I don't disagree about this season, but saying 31 of the last 32 seasons have been an utter failure is a bit dramatic.