White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Once again, the Sox pitcher goes 110+ pitches, while the opposition guy, who pitches the same number of innings and gives up the same number of hits, pitches 20+% fewer pitches.
The Sox simply refuse to work counts. This dubious approach to hitting has got to be organizational.

And if Ventura keeps doing this to young pitchers, he needs to go.

I am so sick of Robin's after game remarks "Just tip your hat"....****just take your hat off Robin and leave it off..!!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:18 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Instead of playing Pick to Click, Hawk, Stone and the crew should guess which player will have the worst game. It would certainly be more apt. Call it Vote the Goat.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Instead of playing Pick to Click, Hawk, Stone and the crew should guess which player will have the worst game. It would certainly be more apt. Call it Vote the Goat.
I haven't laughed so hard all year. Thank you.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:32 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
That's a bad sign. He's been doing well since he came back from his injury, but his problems have been a hitch in his swing, and doing what you described. I hope it was just one bad at bat.
It was one bad at bat. Beckham has arguably been the team's best hitter since coming back and has been one of the few bright spots regularly hitting the ball to Right and Right Center with authority.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 06-19-2013, 11:36 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Troncoso sucks. He deserves to be released. They have to keep him around, though, because somebody has to pitch out of the bullpen once Crain and Thornton are traded to contenders next month.
I also can't figure out why they keep shuttling Deunte Heath back and forth from Charlotte and then never ever pitch him. It's probably because Robin knows he is bad (which he is) but someone in the organization likes Heath so he stays. At least Omogrosso showed that he could *occasionally* get MLB hitters out and served a purpose as a long man. Heath and Troncoso represent two garbage time relief pitchers only. I shudder to think what this bullpen is going to be like when Crain and Thornton are traded. Hopefully, Hahn can secure a young promising bullpen arm in one of the trades.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:16 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Good grief, dude, every team has a lousy veteran or two on the roster to fill it out. The Yankees are giving steady playing time to Jayson Nix. Jayson Nix. Think about that.
The problem with your logic, dude, is you keep comparing the Sox to other big market teams who consistently make the playoffs practically every year.. The CWS are not in that category..
Old 06-19-2013, 12:45 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Why is he even on this team? He's got a career WHIP of 1.5 and he's 30. The DeWayne Wise of pitchers.
Why do the Sox love these lousy veterans so much? This guy, sign Wise about 3 times. Neither has ever been as much as an average player. It's beyond belief.
He's on the team for just the reason I said. Somebody will have to pitch out of the bullpen once Crain and Thornton are dealt to contending teams.

No question he sucks. That cannot be disputed.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 06-19-2013, 12:54 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain54 View Post
The problem with your logic, dude, is you keep comparing the Sox to other big market teams who consistently make the playoffs practically every year.. The CWS are not in that category..
OK then please find me a Major League team that does not have one crap ass veteran on it's roster.

I'll wait.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 06-19-2013, 01:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
OK then please find me a Major League team that does not have one crap ass veteran on it's roster.

I'll wait.
the Love Fest continues!!! Rock ON!!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:20 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
the Love Fest continues!!! Rock ON!!
Still waiting.....
Old 06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Still waiting.....
You don't put a beat up reliever with absolutely no history of success at the MLB level into a tie game in the bottom of the 8th when you are in a postion of being double digits out of the lead and you have to fight and claw and scratch to get back in this thing...

Unless your middle relief and setup corp is thin..

So the argument as to whether all teams do or not have beat up veterans on the team is irrelevant.. Yes they all do...
Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
Beckham has arguably been the team's best hitter since coming back and has been one of the few bright spots regularly hitting the ball to Right and Right Center with authority.
The sad thing is that beckham is the offensive centerpiece of the future Sox.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
You don't put a beat up reliever with absolutely no history of success at the MLB level into a tie game in the bottom of the 8th when you are in a postion of being double digits out of the lead and you have to fight and claw and scratch to get back in this thing...

Unless your middle relief and setup corp is thin..

So the argument as to whether all teams do or not have beat up veterans on the team is irrelevant.. Yes they all do...
Holy lack of reading comprehension; I never once said Troncoso should have been in the game at that time, he's clearly a garbage time reliever, I was only taking issue with the post that seemed to insinuate the Sox, what with their Troncosos and Wises, are the only team in the league with bad veteran players on its roster.

You're argument is something completely different. And yes, I agree, a pitcher of his ****tiness doesn't belong in a tie game in the 8th inning.