White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 02:50 PM
WSI Guru

It may have been a fluke and it also might be the players have realized Robin has nothing to hold over them so they've said basically **** it....perhaps not consciously but the result is just the same.

Lip
Old 06-15-2013, 03:00 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Both runs would have been unearned even if Cedeno had been credited with an infield single. If Ramirez makes an accurate throw on the Barnes grounder, it's the third out and no runs score -- even with the first error.

Sickening loss.

When I was at the ballpark last weekend, I was looking around the diamond while the Sox were on the field. I think I saw maybe two position players I'd want back for next season.

It's really a shame because I like this pitching staff a lot. I disagree with blandman's comments about this being the "worst team in baseball."
Unless the staff collapses from constant pressure and frustration, which is possible.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:01 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
Both runs would have been unearned even if Cedeno had been credited with an infield single. If Ramirez makes an accurate throw on the Barnes grounder, it's the third out and no runs score -- even with the first error.

Sickening loss.

When I was at the ballpark last weekend, I was looking around the diamond while the Sox were on the field. I think I saw maybe two position players I'd want back for next season.

It's really a shame because I like this pitching staff a lot. I disagree with blandman's comments about this being the "worst team in baseball." The pitching staff is too good to allow this team to become the worst in baseball. On 17 occasions this year, they've won games despite scoring four runs or fewer. The pitching has allowed them to win some 3-1, 4-3 and 2-1 type games. Take that away, and maybe they become the worst team.

I would, however, be willing to entertain the idea that the Sox have the worst lineup in baseball. This group of nine regulars is very, very poor. They put a tremendous amount of pressure on the pitchers each and every day with their inability to score runs and idiotic mistakes in the field.
Rios and Beckham?

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 06-15-2013, 03:20 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
It may have been a fluke and it also might be the players have realized Robin has nothing to hold over them so they've said basically **** it....perhaps not consciously but the result is just the same.

Lip
I think the poor fielding can be isolated to certain positions/players:

Flowers has been abysmal

Dunn has played more 1B as Paulie has DH-ed more

DeAza has played more LF, where his routes are terrible

Keppinger just doesn't have starter-quality range at 3B or 2B

Alexei seems to have regressed mentally
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huisj View Post
And he'll eat all nine of them in one day probably from what we've heard about his food intake routine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
And by the looks of him, he could use all those dinners.
LOL. You guys are a riot. It's why I come here. Sale's diet is high cal, but full of fat and protein. It's the Atkins diet. Very little complex carbs. He needs a European grandmother to do his cooking.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:43 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
LOL. You guys are a riot. It's why I come here. Sale's diet is high cal, but full of fat and protein. It's the Atkins diet. Very little complex carbs. He needs a European grandmother to do his cooking.
That WSJ article about him was pretty funny, too.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:41 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
Yep. Everyone in the lineup owes Sale dinner.

That being the case, he ought to eat good for the rest of the year.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:24 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Allen View Post
I've said it before. I've been following this team for 54 years, and I've never hated a Sox team as much as this one. For all I care, they can stay the hell on the road and never come back home again this season. ****ers. I've watched my last game for 2013.
I've got you beat. Its been 65 years for me. Just remember if you guys would come to the park Jerry could afford to get better players.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:52 AM
WSI Personality

0-5 against the Cubs and Stros , just think about the magnitude of that. I can't believe people are still talking about how the Sox are bombing against horrible teams . Wake up call, they are a horrible team. And the architect of this dynasty was just promoted to President. On most teams with any kind of yearly expectations KW is long gone by now, World Series or not.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahagga73 View Post
0-5 against the Cubs and Stros , just think about the magnitude of that. I can't believe people are still talking about how the Sox are bombing against horrible teams . Wake up call, they are a horrible team. And the architect of this dynasty was just promoted to President. On most teams with any kind of yearly expectations KW is long gone by now, World Series or not.
Eh...I'm willing to give Kenny a pass when it comes to this tragedy. Sure, he was responsible for the personnel when he left the job, but he didn't twist Hahn's arm to make the bulk of his bone-head calls (considering Dayan and Flowers regulars, counting on Danks, not addressing an aging offense, etc.). We probably couldn't have competed, but Hahn is not blameless for us being this bad. It took a special kind of ineptitude for that, one which even Kenny could never reach on his own.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
The question then is what happened last year to make us one of the best defensive teams in baseball? Do the Sox still take infield before the first game of road series? Don't know if that makes much of a difference or not but something has changed drastically with pretty much the same group of guys who caught the ball really well last year. Maybe it was just a fluke.
I've been wondering the same thing since early in the year when it was obvious they were looking like the Keystone Kops on defense. What happened?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:24 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Eh...I'm willing to give Kenny a pass when it comes to this tragedy. Sure, he was responsible for the personnel when he left the job, but he didn't twist Hahn's arm to make the bulk of his bone-head calls (considering Dayan and Flowers regulars, counting on Danks, not addressing an aging offense, etc.). We probably couldn't have competed, but Hahn is not blameless for us being this bad. It took a special kind of ineptitude for that, one which even Kenny could never reach on his own.
That's the thing. I don't want KW in a position where it is even a remote possibility he has a say in anything baseball related with his record the last 6 or 7 years. No playoffs , bad farm system , all leading to the joke of a lineup they have this year.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:47 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Wait a mintue, Kenny brought in all of those guys. Kenny was the guy who let the farm system wither away to nothing, Kenny was the guy who financially hand tied to the team to bad contracts. This year is more on Kenny than it is on Hahn!

Go Sox!!!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Wait a mintue, Kenny brought in all of those guys. Kenny was the guy who let the farm system wither away to nothing, Kenny was the guy who financially hand tied to the team to bad contracts. This year is more on Kenny than it is on Hahn!
There is plenty of blame to go around on how the everyday lineup got this bad. But the question is this: how do the Sox get out of this box?
Old 06-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
Hahn did nothing to fix it, and actually made it worse. He let AJ walk and replaced him Flowers (horrible move) and Keppinger (bad move). Seeing regression from the core (Konerko, Dunn), Hahn chose not to upgrade at other positions when an easy upgrade was possible in the outfield, where he instead chose to return the worst statistical regular LF in baseball for another go. People don't want to blame Hahn for some of these failures, but that's not taking into consideration things that should have been obvious to baseball people. Flowers and Viciedo were NEVER going to be starter quality players. De Aza's swing has always projected to be that of a borderline player. These are not players you count on if you're building a contender. If Hahn didn't realize that, he doesn't deserve to be General Manager.