White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 11:21 PM
WSI Guru

This and that:

Nell...don't worry about it, you called it correctly...this is a putrid team going nowhere fast with an organization still stuck in neutral.

Brian / Dan...don't worry, Robin and his staff are "working on things" like stupid base running, mental mistakes and an inability to execute fundamentals. LOL.

Brian...like I said last night the past few years the majority of Sox players are simply baseball stupid. They can drill from now until doomsday and they'll continue to make the same stupid mistakes over and over and over.

---------------------------------------

In short again like I said last night, this organization holds no one accountable, from players to the front office. Loyalty means more than winning games.

It sucks but that's what the situation is and it's not going to radically change until new ownership walks in the door.

Lip
Old 06-15-2013, 11:27 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by insp View Post
You just love being miserable, don't you?
I doubt that anyone here love's being miserable. The original poster was stating an unfortunate reality.

Call me miserable, too, but we are a horrible team.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:42 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
Fun bad. Got outpitched, outmanaged, outcoached, outplayed by a bad team. The final out was the perfect touch. Scripted by a master writer. We'll all look back at this season in 10 years and have a load of laughs. I hope we're all still around.
Fun bad to me is losing a slugging match, bad pitching by the Sox but they at least hit a slew of HR's. This years Sox team to me isn't fun bad at all. They're awful, painful to watch.

DrCrawdad
"In time you can turn these obsessions into careers...Hurry Down Doomsday the bugs are taking over." - Elvis Costello
Old 06-15-2013, 11:58 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrawdad View Post
Fun bad to me is losing a slugging match, bad pitching by the Sox but they at least hit a slew of HR's. This years Sox team to me isn't fun bad at all. They're awful, painful to watch.
Yeah, watching this team is more like slow death than it is fun. Watching great or even good pitching is a lot better when there's some offense behind it.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:58 PM
WSI High Priest

I don't think Danks is back yet, but we will have to see what we have, since it will be time to make a decision soon.
Also, does it bother anybody else that this Astros team has a bunch of ex-Cubs and White Sox and look a lot better than this current group of White Sox?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:01 AM
WSI Personality

The only positive to this game is that the Jordan Danks supporters can finally shut up and stop whining and begging for him to get called up.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
The only positive to this game is that the Jordan Danks supporters can finally shut up and stop whining and begging for him to get called up.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I seem to recall a CF the Sox once had, say, seven years ago, whom fans couldn't stop clamoring for.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:07 AM
WSI Personality

Sox are 1-4 against the Astros since last year. Games where we are supposed to make hay and instead we fail to show up.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:09 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
I wouldn't be so sure of that. I seem to recall a CF the Sox once had, say, seven years ago, whom fans couldn't stop clamoring for.
Jerry Owens, yeah, I remember him. If Danks could hit another game winning HR, we could send him down again. Don't these things happen in three's?
Old 06-16-2013, 12:21 AM
WSI Regular

nsolo- From what lodge do you hail? I am from West Englewood 1164.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:33 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cards press box View Post
Bill James once said that a test of any ballclub is how this: how much can they accomplish in a bad season? The Sox will have some opportunities with possible deadline deals and player development in general. The Sox had a good draft -- they went for players with a lot of upside. And they made a decent acquisition in Conor Gillaspie. There is no doubt, however, that the Sox have a lot of work to do to rebuild this offense. That rebuilding should start immediately.
On a good team, Gillespie is a 8/9 hole hitter, if that. He's a placeholder. But one this team needs.
The issue is going to be whether they deal Quintana and/or Santiago. Those are the 2 guys teams are going to want.
Old 06-16-2013, 01:20 AM
WSI Church Elder

I bet the Sox wish they had 5$ tickets last year when people would have actually wanted to see this team.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:00 AM
WSI High Priest

I can understand why we're stuck with Dunn in the lineup ($), but Flowers and Viciedo are regressing day after day, and still are playing every day.

I hope they send one or both to the minors to figure out something about hitting before it's too late and we end up without them as Sox players and/or end up without them as decent trade chips.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:17 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
I can understand why we're stuck with Dunn in the lineup ($), but Flowers and Viciedo are regressing day after day, and still are playing every day.

I hope they send one or both to the minors to figure out something about hitting before it's too late and we end up without them as Sox players and/or end up without them as decent trade chips.
There is nothing there with which to replace them. Nothing. Well, Phegley. But otherwise, nothing. And I kinda still feel he'll be nothing. But Flowers is just a total bust. Useless in all aspects.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 06-16-2013, 03:03 AM
WSI Personality

Agree

At this point I would like to see anybody out there than most of the team they have hitting the field each day. I'm also tired of hearing the same broken record from the manager and players on how they need keep playing through it. Fundamentals should have been learned a long time ago. Move the players who don't get it and move on. Keep as much of the pitching that you can and let's move on and have some fun.