White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
Axe with a rocky start but settled down

Dunn with a bomb; more runs plated later

Great bullpen pitching

Reed second in the AL in saves

Back at .500
^This

Riding shotgun on the Sox bandwagon since before there was an Internet...
Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Sweep is a sweep, but my God, only a +4 Run Differential to a team at - 80 for the season.

Thank God for our pitching because our offense still sucks.
Yes, thankfully our pitching was able to reel them in.
The universe is the practical joke of the General at the expense of the Particular, quoth Frater Perdurabo, and laughed. The disciples nearest him wept, seeing the Universal Sorrow. Others laughed, seeing the Universal Joke. Others wept. Others laughed. Others wept because they couldn't see the Joke, and others laughed lest they should be thought not to see the Joke. But though FRATER laughed openly, he wept secretly; and really he neither laughed nor wept. Nor did he mean what he said.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:07 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
^This

Voodoo, are you planning to join me with some fish/nautical puns? Or will I alone take the plunge? Or walk the plank?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:09 PM
WSI Regular

This team is a lot more fun to watch than it was three weeks ago.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:11 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Sweep is a sweep, but my God, only a +4 Run Differential to a team at - 80 for the season.

Thank God for our pitching because our offense still sucks.
With Cleveland and KC starting to slide it looks like it will be Detroit and us but you are right, our hitting has to pick it up. I've seen too many Sox teams down through the years with great pitching but come up short because they couldn't hit worth a damn.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:11 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless_Jeff View Post
This team is a lot more fun to watch than it was three weeks ago.
Seems like the team is all rowing in the same direction now.

Maybe Robin's team meeting put them through school? (Groan)
Old 05-26-2013, 05:14 PM
WSI Prelate

In order to get the fielders to play better, do you think Sox coaches had to kick some bass?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frater Perdurabo View Post
In order to get the fielders to play better, do you think Sox coaches had to kick some bass?
I'm sure they did a lot of carp-ing about it.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Just for the halibut, speed-waching the game via DVR now since I missed it live. Because I like to see the Sox reel in the Marlins.

Sox are certainly more fun to watch these days.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:19 PM
WSI Prelate

On one hand, the Marlins being the least successful NL team, fans would have been disappointed if the Sox hadn't swept this weekend. On the other hand, the Marlins played the Sox tough this weekend and stayed in Saturday's game till the end by getting an exceptional performance from their starting pitcher. The White Sox came into this homestand below .500 because they didn't win some winnable games due to lapses on defense that contributed to bad relief outings. They finish the weekend above .500 because they played solid baseball, in games that could have been lost if they hadn't.

Considering that the White Sox have a better record against winning teams than sub-.500 teams, this weekend should not be shrugged off because they beat an inferior team. Maybe this was the best time to play the Marlins, before inevitable changes, before players with something to prove get more playing time. The Tigers end their season with three in Miami after three in Minnesota. If the race isn't over (they finish at home against the White Sox), the Twins and Marlins could

I liked the way Ventura used the bullpen this weekend. Lindstrom was the only reliever who had any real problems, and with good defense behind him, the problems didn't prove fatal.

Today's ninth was easier than Saturday's ninth for a couple of reasons, one of which was the Sox having Reed close the game, but had Reed saved Saturday night's game, he might not have been as sharp Sunday afternoon. The Sox also added to the lead in the bottom of the eighth. It was good to see Ramirez grounding out to the right side after the leadoff double instead of bunting.

There is no question that the White Sox are playing better now than they were a month ago. Viciedo, in particular, is quietly having a pretty good offensive year after coming back from his injury, before which he was unimpressive.

It's too bad the Sox let so many games get away from them in April because they are only four games behind the Tigers. They are only 2.5 games behind the Indians.

What hasn't changed is that the White Sox will only go as far as their pitching and defense will take them this season. What has changed since that losing stretch that started with the lost series in D.C. is that the team is executing. If they keep executing, they will stay in the race.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

You guys are killing me.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

My first Family Sunday game of the year and I have to admit, there is a whole different vibe and energy to the ballpark. Not only are there a lot of families with little kids taking advantage of activities around the park, there also seemed to be a lot of groups of teens around the lower bowl. All acting goofy and having fun, but not obnoxious. Sox are building their base with these games. Doesn't hurt to win, too.

One bad note, weeks ago it somebody on this site noted a gay slur that had been scrawled next to Konerkp's name on the 2005 display on the southern ramps of Gate 5. It's still there.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Soda Jerk/U.P.W./Lester Pooh Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
My first Family Sunday game of the year and I have to admit, there is a whole different vibe and energy to the ballpark. Not only are there a lot of families with little kids taking advantage of activities around the park, there also seemed to be a lot of groups of teens around the lower bowl. All acting goofy and having fun, but not obnoxious. Sox are building their base with these games. Doesn't hurt to win, too.

One bad note, weeks ago it somebody on this site noted a gay slur that had been scrawled next to Konerkp's name on the 2005 display on the southern ramps of Gate 5. It's still there.
Should send that info in to Brooks or whoever you have an email address for. I'm sure they will have it removed.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:17 PM
WSI Church Elder

Took all three kids to the game today and had a blast. Lots of little ones throughout the ballpark and very little riffraff. I thought Axelrod was done in the 3rd (I swear I saw Santiago start to stretch out for a moment) but he battled back and finished the job.

Really boneheaded baserunning mistake by Konerko but otherwise a pretty good game all around.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:19 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Should send that info in to Brooks or whoever you have an email address for. I'm sure they will have it removed.
Also tell them it's time to replace Scott Podsednik as the player the kids race on the Fundamentals deck. I'll spring $30 for the paper cutout of Rios, Ramirez or De Aza.