White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2013, 02:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Slavko:

Again I've been told by sources that it's in his deal as the day to day person who runs the team, he can not be removed unless it is for doing things like illegal activities, demonstrating that he is no longer mentally sound, standard things like that.

Basically he can not be ousted unless he demonstrates that he is doing something specifically outlined in his deal.

Take it for whatever that's worth.

I can't speak from a legal standpoint but to me, if you own say 22% out of 100 and the next highest person only owns say 15% that by definition makes you 'majority owner' based on the fact that you own the most of the club.

I agree that may not mean he can do anything he wants however it has been shown and again it's in his deal, that he runs the day to day operations and he does not have to consult with the other owners or the board when doing so. (That doesn't mean that he doesn't at least allow them the courtesy of making his intentions known to them ahead of time and I suspect he probably does do this...)

Lip
Lip, a majority is 50% plus one. When you have more votes than someone else but not 50%, that is a plurality.
That being said I have no idea how the Sox do things as far as ownership is concerned, for instance when JR wants a big time free agent and it's over budget does he need the other owners approval?

A thought just came to mind, when Veeck bought the Sox the first time in 1959, he bought it from Dorothy Rigney who had 51% of the stock and Chuck Comiskey with his 49 percent was just an onlooker.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 05-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM
WSI Guru

Nell:

It is my understanding in the example you provide that he does not need to consult with the other owners/board members. He's been given the power to run things on a day to day basis...that would fall into that category.

Lip
Old 05-22-2013, 05:16 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

SBJ/SBD
PIC: #WhiteSox #Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf & family arrive at @sbjsbd Sports Business Awards in NYC https://twitter.com/SBJSBD/status/33...597888/photo/1
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 05-22-2013, 05:27 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

A must read!

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/J...Reinsdorf.aspx
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
It's worth the time it took to read it. So read it. But how someone can write a comprehensive article about the subject of Reinsdorf and the White Sox and completely leave out the elephant in the broom closet (St. Pete) is mystifying.

It presents him in a positive way. If you hate the guy for whatever reason or no reason at all, it won't change your mind. But read it anyway.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:21 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavko View Post
It's worth the time it took to read it. So read it. But how someone can write a comprehensive article about the subject of Reinsdorf and the White Sox and completely leave out the elephant in the broom closet (St. Pete) is mystifying.

It presents him in a positive way. If you hate the guy for whatever reason or no reason at all, it won't change your mind. But read it anyway.

I agree. It gives some insight into someone who doesn't pull back the curtain too much. Really fascinating.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Ponied up once, right after they bought the Sox. DeBartolo was done before he started. No mention of the threatened move. Plans on living a long time and keep doing whats hes doing.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:42 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
You're right. Very interesting to say the least and thanks for the link.