White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
I'm willing to bet, statistically speaking across American averages based on body fat %s, that Prince Fielder is less fat than you.
Unsurprisingly, this argument loses the internets.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
There's no ****ing way. I'm a 6'1/180 lb bike messenger. Plus, that's the worst Internet argument ever. Next you're going to tell me, "at least he makes more money than you."
Just because you're smaller than him doesn't mean he has more body fat than you. Maybe you are in better shape. What I was trying to say was that he may weigh more, he may be bigger, but I guarantee you Prince Fielder is in better physical condition than over 50% of Americans.

When I was coaching wrestling I had a lower body fat % at 275lbs than our 103 pounder. Body fat % has nothing to do with size. One of the highest body fat % I've ever seen out of a HS health class came from a 5'1/95 lb cheerleader.

Last edited by Bobby Thigpen; 05-21-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:52 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
There's no conspiracy. They are just wrong a great percentage of the time. I am a fan because I am a fan. I support them at all turns even if I think they are goddamn morons. I may not pay attention to every game because it is a waste of my time at this point, but I still look to see the score every day and hope that it is a White Sox Winner. Just because I see no hope for them either (1) winning the division in 2013 or (2) being capable of building any kind of young hope for the future in the near future doesn't mean I am not a fan.

But go ahead, take my Fan Card. It's good for a free hot dog with a two-inning line wait at the Cell. And if we call them the Rainbow White Sox, even better, no?
I don't care if you're a fan or not. I just don't know why, if something makes you so miserable and you hate it so much, you continue to call yourself a fan of it and continue to discuss how much you dislike it on the internet.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:05 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I don't care if you're a fan or not. I just don't know why, if something makes you so miserable and you hate it so much, you continue to call yourself a fan of it and continue to discuss how much you dislike it on the internet.
That makes me a fan. Visit the rest of the internets.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Just because you're smaller than him doesn't mean he has more body fat than you. Maybe you are in better shape. What I was trying to say was that he may weigh more, he may be bigger, but I guarantee you Prince Fielder is in better physical condition than over 50% of Americans.
Considering he's playing in an elite, professional sports league, being healthier than half the total population of the fattest country in the history of the world is not exactly saying anything...

Prince could be fitter than 95% of the general American population, but that still probably puts him in the fattest 1% of all MLB baseball players ever
Old 05-21-2013, 10:40 PM
WSI High Priest

Fat is the new skinny.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

When I was coaching wrestling I had a lower body fat % at 275lbs than our 103 pounder. Body fat % has nothing to do with size. One of the highest body fat % I've ever seen out of a HS health class came from a 5'1/95 lb cheerleader.
Looks totally healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 05-21-2013, 10:51 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
It's definitely no foolish to say 300+ lb humans break down physically after 30.
It's no foolish to me. People have been saying for years that Fielder will break down shortly and yet he continues to play 161-162 games a year. Until he doesn't, it seems silly to me to assume he will break down in the near future.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 PM
WSI Guru

Many said the same thing about Sabathia four years ago.

Lip
Old 05-21-2013, 11:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Many said the same thing about Sabathia four years ago.

Lip
Fat pitchers are totally different. Fat pitchers play once a week and don't need to move much. Fat position players are a whole different story. I asked for examples earlier and got about 10 marginal players, some pitchers, and Babe Ruth, who probably fell off in his early 30's.

Apologies for sounding like a fattist, but we're talking about pro sports and $94M owed to an obese hitter. I'll be shocked if that contract doesn't look absolutely awful in 2-3 years. Cabrera might be worse as he's fat and a drunk.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
That makes me a fan. Visit the rest of the internets.
Man, if I could only be half as intelligent or awesome as you...
Old 05-21-2013, 11:16 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Considering he's playing in an elite, professional sports league, being healthier than half the total population of the fattest country in the history of the world is not exactly saying anything...

Prince could be fitter than 95% of the general American population, but that still probably puts him in the fattest 1% of all MLB baseball players ever
Perhaps. But I have an issue with people that probably are giant lazy asses themselves sitting on their ass next to their computer ridiculing people who work their ass off to be a professional athlete for being a "fat ass".

Wanna go after Vince Wilfork for that? Sure. But Prince Fielder as a fat ass when the people typing it probably couldn't complete a single one of his workouts? Awesome.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Perhaps. But I have an issue with people that probably are giant lazy asses themselves sitting on their ass next to their computer ridiculing people who work their ass off to be a professional athlete for being a "fat ass".

Wanna go after Vince Wilfork for that? Sure. But Prince Fielder as a fat ass when the people typing it probably couldn't complete a single one of his workouts? Awesome.
It was me, and your argument is still complete garbage. First, one doesn't need to be better to criticize another. If that were the case, none of us could be critical of films. I can't do anything Michael bay can do, but that doesn't mean I can't say his films suck. Secondly, I can't hit a baseball 400 feet, but I guarantee Prince Fielder's fat ass couldn't ride a bike as fast or far as me, and I do it everyday, for pennies.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
It's important to keep the hope.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Who appointed you the WSI fan police?

You don't like the direction the organization is taking? THEN WHY STAY A FAN? WHY ARE YOU STILL A FAN? ANSWER MY QUESTION!

Quote:
I'm willing to bet, statistically speaking across American averages based on body fat %s, that Prince Fielder is less fat than you.
....which has absolutely nothing to do with Prince Fielder's or any other player's ability to play baseball.

Quote:
Just because you're a smart ass to everyone here doesn't make you right. I thought this thread was supposed to be about Hahn's rebuilding thoughts but it's been hijacked by you ripping on other posters and making bull**** arguments about why other people are still fans (and how fat they are).