White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 12:14 PM
MMXXIII

Default 2013 White Sox Family Field Day & Garage Sale

Haven't seen too much news about this, either on these boards or really anywhere, but I got this email from the Sox last week:

http://view.ed4.net/v/CVNAF9/UTT9G1/...2926-583040150

Family Field Day and Garage Sale is Saturday, May 18.

Runs from 9-2. Garage Sale is free to the public with all sorts of random **** on sale (I got my Mike Sirotka jersey there, plus I've seen stuff like old LED lights from the scoreboard). Clubhouse tour tickets are $10 and available day of. The Field Day is $30 per adult and $12 per child. There's a link to buy tickets in the link above.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:26 PM
WSI Regular

I've gone to garage sales for years and while they can be hit or miss, last year was the first time we did the Field Day to play catch with my dad. For all the crap I give the Sox this is one event they do really well. I may do it again, but will wait to see what the weather looks like before buying tickets. I'll more than likely be at the garage sale though.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM
WSI Church Elder

The garage sales have seen less merchandise, higher prices, and less organization every year. I'm definitely not going this year for the first time in several years.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:12 PM
WSI Personality

Does any know if they will sell bobbleheads from previous giveaways there or the chances they will sell? I have only been to one of these and got there the time it opened and they were all sold out.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

I simply don't know what I will do without a $150 Chris Singleton broken bat
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 PM
WSI Church Elder

Just deciding what to do this year about the annual line-jumping college kid, who runs past everyone to be first into the sale, and the clueless chick, who cuts in line and then has her friends join her just before the sale opens.

The possibilities are endless.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:36 AM
WSI Church Elder

You think there is Juan Uribe merch still lying around? I have an unnatural obsession with the greatest man to ever play baseball.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:41 PM
WSI Regular

Anyone go? How was it this year?
Old 05-18-2013, 03:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

The Garage Sale was good. For the most part, prices were reasonable. There seemed to be something for everyone this year.

Bats of all players were readily available early. Rios bats were a steal at $50. They just had a lot of Rios bats and were trying to get rid of 'em. Reminded me a bit of the year or two where they had a lot of Thomas bats they were blowing out for $100. I bought an Adam Dunn pink bat showing use for $350. It might seem like a lot of money, but those pink bats are rare. Only one other was available, an unused Rios.

A few helmets were available including a couple of great ones. I scooped up a Vizquel, which is a Hall of Fame item, and a friend pounced on an '83 throwback Pierzynski catching helmet from 2008. Pierzynski has taken to ripping identifying stickers off his equipment in recent years, but this one still had his #12 on it.

Jerseys were plentiful, including some good ones. A friend bought a couple of dark blue throwbacks with "CHICAGO" across the chest of Pierzynski and Rios. A few 1972 throwbacks were available as well. Of course, the regular white, gray and black jerseys were there to be had, too.

A friend picked up two different sets of spikes from Youkilis. They were cheap, something like $30 or $50. It's the first time I can recall spikes of anyone being available.

Lots of different bobbleheads were available, including Guillen, Thome, Buehrle, Swisher, Minoso and Salas. Regular programs were absent this year for some reason, but many types of media guides were for sale.

If I remember correctly, the ever-present Mystery Bags were being sold for $10.

A couple of huge murals featuring 2005 postseason photos were sold for $200. If you could figure a way to get it home and had enough room to display it, it would look awesome in a basement.

Unbelievably, the big tub of game-used baseballs actually had a few from 2005. Some champagne bottles from 2005 were there, too, but I didn't see a price on them. Unlike many sold in the past, these didn't have any MLB holograms on them from what I saw.

And, yes, I even saw an autographed game-used Juan Uribe bat for sale. You just never know what's going to pop up at the Garage Sale.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:23 PM
WSI Regular

Did anyone notice if they were selling the red jackets from last year at the garage sale would love to grab one of these...
Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

An hour or so into the sale, I spotted one red jacket. I liked it a lot, but didn't buy it because of the $125 price tag.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:59 PM
WSI Regular

I think I remember seeing some Red jackets on the racks in the corner with the other red jerseys.

Maybe it's because I've been going to the garage sale since 2003, but I don't really spend a lot at them anymore. I just bought an Uribe bat for $100 and got a Peavy bobblehead for $15, a couple media guides and a couple car flags for $1 each. I rip the flag off the car post to fly in the garden. My brother bought a hat and the Mark Salas "Chief" bobblehead for $5, which I thought was pretty cool looking.

I'd really love to get a Konerko bat, but couldn't convince myself to pay $400. I was shocked a Fukudome bat had a $125 price tag on it. I was glad I bought a Rios bat for $50 last year and was surprised they were still selling them at that price. I thought they'd at least double it this year.

Overall the prices were fair and they had plenty of bobbleheads and $1 items. I was also surprised to see a few autographed hockey pucks in the baseball box. You never know what you'll find I guess.

And I saw the buyer of one of those $200 World Series murals in the parking lot trying to tie it to his car. We went back in the sale after our field day session (which was way more crowded than last year) and the murals were back in the Patio with a couple "hold" stickers on them. Guess the buyers needed a bigger car to get them home.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:01 PM
WSI Regular

Any idea what Robin's jersey was going for?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winningugly23 View Post
Any idea what Robin's jersey was going for?
I saw one for $500.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:19 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
I saw one for $500.
Ouch may be the price will drop by Soxfest lol, I hope so...