White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 11:06 AM
WSI Guru

Baines:

For what it's worth Gonzo in the post game story said that TV replays in the press box showed Flowers tagged him.

Lip
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Baines:

For what it's worth Gonzo in the post game story said that TV replays in the press box showed Flowers tagged him.

Lip
Watching the Twins telecast because I'm out of market. Their replay clearly showed morneau being tagged out on Tyler's first tag attempt. You can even see Mourneau's jersey ripple where he is being tagged.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:24 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufram View Post
Actually, Morneau was tagged twice. Flowers brushed him on the shoulder when Morneau was past the plate and then brushed him again when Morneau scrambled back to the plate.

That doesn't mean that Flowers shouldn't have made sure of the tag instead of looking at the ump for the call.... just saying. Hardly a case for new low defensively... we've had much worse plays.
No question about it. That pop fly that fell between three Sox players in shallow CF Monday night was worse.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-15-2013, 03:44 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
No question about it. That pop fly that fell between three Sox players in shallow CF Monday night was worse.
I agree. Either that or the Dunn drop of the pop up at first a few days ago was the absolute low point of the season for me.

Risk

"Is minic a ghearr teanga duine a scornach"-(Celtic)
"it is often that a person's tongue cut his throat"
Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
I for one hope that the Sox do not trade Peavy if they continue to play poorly. Pitching is very hard to find, and having Sale and Peavy gives them plenty to build on. Getting prospects doesn't guarantee anything, and the Sox haven't done all that great in evaluating talent over the last several years.
I agree that pitching is impossible to find. BUT, if we aren't contending, we have to put Peavy up for sale. If a number 1/2 starter with a 2+ years on a good financial deal can't bring top prospects from a contending team, no one can.

The key is to cut a good deal. As you said, our prior efforts have been poor: bad deals and bad talent evaluation. Just wait for a great offer and negotiate. No special deals for "Friends" and no reaches for positions we think we need. Get the best young players you can because we need all positions. If we can't get a 3rd basemen, we can live with Gillespie, e.g.
And if a great offer doesn't come, don't trade...wait until next year. He'll be valuable then to.