White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
My philosophy is this. If you're going to bitch when the Sox lose a game that they should have won (i.e., Sunday's game), then you have to be able to enjoy a close victory that they probably should have lost.

If you're bitching yesterday and today, then you need to find another hobby for the good of your health.
I meditate.

We won the game, we lost the series. I wasn't around to comment earlier in the series, but no one should be celebrating just barely salvaging the one game we should have won handily.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I meditate.

We won the game, we lost the series. I wasn't around to comment earlier in the series, but no one should be celebrating just barely salvaging the one game we should have won handily.
Who is celebrating?

2014 Attendance Record: 3-3, 0.500
Old 05-06-2013, 08:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
Who is celebrating?
Good point.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:01 PM
WSI High Priest

Yes!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
Agreed. I'd like to see the W/L record for when Jordan Danks made an appearance last year and this year. I remember one time last year he had a walk off game winner ( I think it was HR ) and the next day was back at AAA. I think this kid can play, let him. Reminds me of Bill Sharp but better.
Thinking the same. The kid's prolly staying awake waiting for the phone call from the front office.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 PM
WSI Guru

Robin by the way 'excused' the base running errors after the game to Gonzo because he said Wise and Danks were being "aggresive."

Aggresive is one thing, aggresive and stupid is something else.

Oh well.

And Dunn said he is still "baffled" at his lack of production:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2668070.story

Lip
Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 AM
WSI High Priest

Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway

We stopped the bleeding. Now we can hopefully get at least a split against the Mess.

Didn't get a chance to see it until this morning, but given the angle that Alexei's ball in the seventh came down, there's no way it didn't hit the foul pole.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-0

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:17 AM
WSI Guru

Maybe I missed this originally but did anyone else see this comment from Dunn about why he had a bad 2011?

Apparently he said that his appendectomy forced him to bend over slightly at the plate, throwing his back out of whack which screwed up the season.

Lip
Old 05-07-2013, 11:20 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
And Dunn said he is still "baffled" at his lack of production:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,2668070.story

Lip

Oh, shut up Adam!! You suck!! That's all, you just suck.

Stop doing the wave! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?! Pay attention to the game!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:38 AM
WSI Guru

I was noticing this morning De Aza has only two fewer strikeouts than Dunn. That's really pathetic for a leadoff hitter.

To those who want to see more of Danks, maybe it's De Aza's job that should be on the line.

I know everybody hates Wise because he took poor BA's job, but Dewayne has 11 hits in his last 19 ABs. His baserunning mistakes are inexcusable, but at least he's on base -- unlike many others on this club.

It's a sad state of affairs when Wise has the second highest batting average on the team (.262), and you feel like you need his hot bat in the lineup.

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Old 05-07-2013, 11:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
I was noticing this morning De Aza has only two fewer strikeouts than Dunn. That's really pathetic for a leadoff hitter.

To those who want to see more of Danks, maybe it's De Aza's job that should be on the line.

I know everybody hates Wise because he took poor BA's job, but Dewayne has 11 hits in his last 19 ABs. His baserunning mistakes are inexcusable, but at least he's on base -- unlike many others on this club.

It's a sad state of affairs when Wise has the second highest batting average on the team (.262), and you feel like you need his hot bat in the lineup.
It's not sad to need anyone 11-19 in the line up. Why would it be sad to need a hot hitter in the line up? What does a name have anything to do with it? Whether it's your top player or the 25th guy on the roster makes zero difference.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:20 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
It's not sad to need anyone 11-19 in the line up. Why would it be sad to need a hot hitter in the line up? What does a name have anything to do with it? Whether it's your top player or the 25th guy on the roster makes zero difference.
When your 24th or 25th man is the second leading hitter on the team, it speaks poorly for everyone else. That's why it is sad.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:02 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
When your 24th or 25th man is the second leading hitter on the team, it speaks poorly for everyone else. That's why it is sad.
Not when he's 11 for 19.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
A manager's job is finding an avenue to win, and he has to look at what he believes a player is most likely to do when putting together a lineup. Wise has certainly more resembled that player lately than others. Fans don't like it, but depending on the pitcher the Sox are facing, if I am in Ventura's shoes putting together a lineup, I would go with Wise over some other guys right now. It must be frustrating waiting for De Aza and Keppinger to come around, and that's just the first two hitters in the lineup.

The fact that he looks like a player who could help a team is probably why he gets picked up even after a team lets him go because they believe they have better options. He has spurts where he plays very well. In the 2008 ALDS, he was probably the most dangerous White Sox hitter. That's what he has shown he is capable of doing. He also has stretches where his offense disappears, which is the Dewayne Wise fans tend to remember.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDog View Post
A manager's job is finding an avenue to win, and he has to look at what he believes a player is most likely to do when putting together a lineup. Wise has certainly more resembled that player lately than others. Fans don't like it, but depending on the pitcher the Sox are facing, if I am in Ventura's shoes putting together a lineup, I would go with Wise over some other guys right now. It must be frustrating waiting for De Aza and Keppinger to come around, and that's just the first two hitters in the lineup.

The fact that he looks like a player who could help a team is probably why he gets picked up even after a team lets him go because they believe they have better options. He has spurts where he plays very well. In the 2008 ALDS, he was probably the most dangerous White Sox hitter. That's what he has shown he is capable of doing. He also has stretches where his offense disappears, which is the Dewayne Wise fans tend to remember.

All very good points.