White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
I'm with AJ, and I find myself hoping he beats them tonight and becomes a regular Sox-killer.
I'll always appreciate AJ, but I don't understand how anyone could make a statement like this. The self-loathing among some around here is really getting insufferable.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
AJ is paying for it
Isn't AJ in fact getting paid more by not playing for the Sox?
Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Isn't AJ in fact getting paid more by not playing for the Sox?
I didn't get that statement as well. AJ must be really "paying for it" by being paid $7.5M to play for a current 1st place team that is considered a World Series contender.

Wait, what?
Old 05-02-2013, 08:05 AM
MMXXIII

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but hilarious to watch AJ be classic AJ about it. I can see why everyone hates his ****ing guts.

Walk to first like a man, crybaby.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 AM
WSI Church Elder

Felt so good to not only Win, but look good in doing so .. also, you never know what goes on behind the scenes between players, and if Reed has a problem with AJ and drilled him, then he should face a fine in the k court .. ended up bringing the tying run to the plate .. if it was called by someone then that's even worse .. However; I think that there's no question that AJ leaned into that pitch and then played the drama-queen roll, as i've seen him do many times .. that being said, i've always liked him..
Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 AM
MMXXIII

Watch the video, especially the camera angle from behind the plate that starts at 28 seconds and it's pretty clear that AJ just stuck his arm out into that ball. Smart move on his part, his team needed baserunners, why not take a free one. Even the Rangers announcers were laughing at how blatantly he just stuck his padded elbow out there to take that ball off his arm.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_cws&c_id=cws

I would think you'd have to be pretty out of your mind to think Reed was trying to intentionally hit him by throwing to a spot that he could have only anticipated his arm would be at. That's not how you pitch to someone you want to hit.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

As "baseball smart" as AJ is, he knows nobody is throwing at him with 2 outs. AJ being AJ. And it worked; now there's "bulletin board" material for tonight.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:10 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
With nine saves in 11 victories through 26 games, Reed is on pace for 56 saves, one short of the MLB record.
Not to be Debbie Downer--but given some of this team's problems we have to keep our fingers crossed that the opportunity for that many saves would actually be there...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickAllen72 View Post
Steve Stone is a meathead? I don't think so.
You said: "There are some meathead fans on another board who thought it was intentional"

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 05-02-2013, 09:34 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I'm with AJ, and I find myself hoping he beats them tonight and becomes a regular Sox-killer.
Can I buy you a Rangers hat?

GMAB.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I doubt that it was intentional, just because of the game situation and the way the Sox' season is developing. I think AJ was expressing his anger at the Sox in general. They made a big mistake letting him go, and AJ is paying for it -- though not as much as the Sox. I'm with AJ, and I find myself hoping he beats them tonight and becomes a regular Sox-killer.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:24 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I doubt that it was intentional, just because of the game situation and the way the Sox' season is developing. I think AJ was expressing his anger at the Sox in general. They made a big mistake letting him go, and AJ is paying for it -- though not as much as the Sox. I'm with AJ, and I find myself hoping he beats them tonight and becomes a regular Sox-killer.
**** AJ. Viva Tyler and Hector!!
"I have the ultimate respect for White Sox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Red Sox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country." Jim Caple, ESPN (January 12, 2011)

"We have now sunk to a depth at which the restatement of the (bleeding) obvious is the first duty of intelligent men." George Orwell
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 AM
WSI High Priest

In other non-AJ news, Conor Gillaspie is good at baseball. .323 avg and an OPS of .913. He has a great swing and a great approach up there and his defense has been better than advertised. Also, if he maintains this pace, he will finish with 18HRs. It looks like Gillaspie was just a really good prospect that had his path to the majors blocked by Pablo Sandoval and Brandon Belt.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
In other non-AJ news, Conor Gillaspie is good at baseball. .323 avg and an OPS of .913. He has a great swing and a great approach up there and his defense has been better than advertised. Also, if he maintains this pace, he will finish with 18HRs. It looks like Gillaspie was just a really good prospect that had his path to the majors blocked by Pablo Sandoval and Brandon Belt.

This is what I am seeing. Hope he keeps it up,and takes command of 3rd base going forward.
Silver linings....gotta look hard to see them but Conor is one.

As for AJ...he was trying to get on base...smart. Nothing else there.
I sense that Hawk is still upset that AJ did not get re-signed.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:34 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkjt View Post
This is what I am seeing. Hope he keeps it up,and takes command of 3rd base going forward.
3B is such a tough position to fill these days via free agency and Gillaspie is young, cheap, and hits left handed to boot. He is definitely one of the few bright spots of 2013 so far. As much as the organization gets heat for various things, they deserve credit for scouting this guy out and getting the Giants to give him up for only a fringe pitching prospect.