White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2013, 11:19 PM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Even the Sox know moving north of Madison would be suicide, not even considering the fight the Cubs would put up. The 355 corridor on the other hand...probably wouldn't work either considering the lack of public trans and recent downtown population boom, but its a thought.
Im sorry I am not going into my suburban argument again , I said my peace on that in another thread and am burnt out on it.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Everything I have ever read has suggested Jerry's son Michael wants to keep the Bulls but sell the Sox.
That's what most interests me here, who the future owner is and whether or not JR or someone else in the ownership will keep the team or sell.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM
WSI Regular

As it stands, who would want to see instant replays of this teams performance? Most replays require highlights. The majority of those are coming from the opposition.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsolo View Post
As it stands, who would want to see instant replays of this teams performance? Most replays require highlights. The majority of those are coming from the opposition.
It's not the size of the screen but what you put on it that matters. I suggest they leave it small for a few years. Shrink the scores, shrink the replays.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:33 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Even the Sox know moving north of Madison would be suicide, not even considering the fight the Cubs would put up. The 355 corridor on the other hand...probably wouldn't work either considering the lack of public trans and recent downtown population boom, but its a thought.
I'm not sure I agree. While the south suburbs are supposedly "Sox country" - I wonder if they built some state-of-art facility in say, Rosemont, if they would draw 'Chicago' fans.

I doubt they'll move but if they do, I hope they wouldn't limit themselves to the south suburbs/south side.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:03 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck View Post
It's absolutely appalling that not one but BOTH of the upper deck scoreboards had panels that were not functioning on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend (not the ribbon board, the actual scoreboards in the corners). It was embarrassing and looked like something from a little league field. I could MAYBE understand that if the panel stopped working on Saturday there wasn't enough time to get it fixed before the game. For it not to be fixed for Sunday's game is inexcusable and really was a metaphor to me about how lazy this franchise is.

I get that it's a small detail compared to, say, the .108 hitting DH. But I'm a pretty big believer that organizations that don't pay attention to small details aren't very good about big details, either.
So I am pulling another old thread up about the White Sox game day experience- I posted this after a weekend trip I had taken earlier this year in mid-April where the side scoreboads were not functioning.

Lo and behold I go to the game on Sunday, and this time the scoreboard where the hitter's stat line is supposed to be on the out-of-town scoreboard in right field is not working. The panel where things like HR, RBI, OBP, etc. was out and those numbers didn't fuction.

Heading to the game on Tuesday night as well and not real optimistic it is going to be fixed.

2 trips to Chicago, 2 (different) scoreboards that were not working on each trip. I would be embarrassed for a high school that couldn't get numbers on a scoreboard to work.
Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:

Not considering any type of move (if it makes sense) would be suicide too.

Let's face it, for as much pride as people want to take of being "South Siders" they do not support this team. I'm tired of this argument that you can't move away from this "fan base." Northwest Indiana, OakLawn, Everygreen Park, Palos Hills, Bridgeport? Obviously not close to enough to put 30K in that park each and every night.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:30 AM
WSI Personality

Addison (the city) is north of Madison, and he Sox were ready to move there two decades ago. Given that relatively little has changed demographically since then, not sure why anyone thinks Rosemont would be out if the question next time around.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:45 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
Addison (the city) is north of Madison, and he Sox were ready to move there two decades ago. Given that relatively little has changed demographically since then, not sure why anyone thinks Rosemont would be out if the question next time around.
Ugh, I don't want to rehash this argument again, but let's also bear in mind that at the same time, the Sox were also strongly considering moving to Tropicana Field in Tampa, as well, which as it turns out, would have been a complete and utter fiasco, as well. The Rays have been one of the better teams in baseball for several years now and yet they continue to flirt with the Indians and Marlins at the bottom of the per game attendance barrel. Just a few things to think about before we start proclaiming that the Sox really knew what they were talking about when they threatened to move the team anywhere from Bridgeport (and wound up landing a sweet deal from the state to pay for it all).
Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
OK, this is from Sunday's Tribune, and the graphic comes from an article discussing the pros and cons of adding a Jumbotron to Wrigley, but it's pretty shocking from a Sox fan's perspective:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/...0-14165153.pdf

2nd smallest video board in the Majors, hasn't been upgraded in 10 years now.
Jealous of things that may be? The Cubs already outdraw us with their turn of LAST century scoreboard that is completely manual. Steam power for that thing would be modern improvement. Just get rid of the corny sound effects and the too loud music.

Worrying about theirs being bigger than ours reminds me of an old joke. "Who are you going to please with that?" "Me."
Old 07-02-2013, 12:45 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Jealous of things that may be? The Cubs already outdraw us with their turn of LAST century scoreboard that is completely manual. Steam power for that thing would be modern improvement. Just get rid of the corny sound effects and the too loud music.

Worrying about theirs being bigger than ours reminds me of an old joke. "Who are you going to please with that?" "Me."
You do realize that this doesn't have anything to do with trying to outdo the Cubs, right? There's one team in baseball with a ****tier video board than us, and that's the team who just had their locker rooms flooded with actual ****. How the **** are we letting them be the only team in the league doing worse than us in terms of a now common modern amenity?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:26 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
You do realize that this doesn't have anything to do with trying to outdo the Cubs, right? There's one team in baseball with a ****tier video board than us, and that's the team who just had their locker rooms flooded with actual ****. How the **** are we letting them be the only team in the league doing worse than us in terms of a now common modern amenity?
Well, the first post of this thread states "an article discussing the pros and cons of adding a Jumbotron to Wrigley". So, since I assume that the Cubs still play there, that was a discussion on how the they might be installing a bigger "modern amenity" then we have.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:50 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Well, the first post of this thread states "an article discussing the pros and cons of adding a Jumbotron to Wrigley". So, since I assume that the Cubs still play there, that was a discussion on how the they might be installing a bigger "modern amenity" then we have.
You know what happens when you assume...
Old 07-02-2013, 03:10 PM
WSI Regular

Do the White Sox need a new Jubrotron?

"EVIDENTLY!!!!!"