White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 12:20 PM
11 NFL 12&13PTC CHAMP

Bob Nightengale
Carlos Quentin likely will be suspended 10 days, and Zack Greinke out two months, and, there will be retribution : http://usat.ly/153BwKc

Los Angeles Dodgers
See you on Monday in Los Angeles: pic.twitter.com/y2E5e4TBzq
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/v...pic10971_3.gif</font>
Old 04-12-2013, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatK View Post
Of course Phil Rogers has to remind us how he played for the Sox today
Did Phil leave his vibrator at home by mistake? Honestly, I don't know of anyone who goes out of his way to masturbate to the mistakes or misfortunes of anyone connected to the White Sox organization more than Rogers. Why doesn't he just shut the **** up?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1swisher View Post
Bob Nightengale
Carlos Quentin likely will be suspended 10 days, and Zack Greinke out two months, and, there will be retribution : http://usat.ly/153BwKc
What's the average suspension for a mound charging? Because if TCQ is getting additional punishment because Greinke got hurt, that's ****. If they wanted to punish people for unintended results from possibly dangerous situations every pitcher that hits a batter should be suspended too.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
What's the average suspension for a mound charging? Because if TCQ is getting additional punishment because Greinke got hurt, that's ****. If they wanted to punish people for unintended results from possibly dangerous situations every pitcher that hits a batter should be suspended too.
What this doesn't take into consideration is not so much the injury, but the circumstance. Can you think of a circumstance where a guy charged the mound for no reason having to do with baseball?
Old 04-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydude View Post
Actually, I readily acknowledged that that HBP may have been an accident. However, at this point Carlos isn't inclined to give Greinke the benefit of the doubt; based on their history, no one should be surprised by this, especially Greinke. He could have indicated to Carlos that it was an accident; apparently he didn't.
This being the case, it may not have mattered if Greinke had indicated that he didn't mean to hit Quentin. Food for thought.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
WSI High Priest

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/carlo...tins-hbp-zone/

Great read on where Quentin's HBPs occur.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
The problem is that although the result may not have been intended by Quentin, his actions that ultimately led to it were. No one made him charge the mound or take Greinke down, and had he not done either of those things, it's highly unlikely that Greinke breaks his clavicle. It may not be entirely fair, but TCQ could have anticipated the consequences of his actions before taking them.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMachine10 View Post
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/carlo...tins-hbp-zone/

Great read on where Quentin's HBPs occur.
I love science.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:59 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
This being the case, it may not have mattered if Greinke had indicated that he didn't mean to hit Quentin. Food for thought.
This is definitely true; I'm sure Carlos was on edge going into the game with Greinke. However, Carlos stated that Greinke's body language was a factor in his decision to run at him so that suggests things may have been different had Zack let him know he wasn't trying to hit him. As opposed to, "**** you...take your base" type of stuff.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:13 PM
WSI High Priest

I would imagine Greinke was mad at least in the past because pitches a few inches off the plate nail Quentin, and since he's hit Quentin before, he's probably said something at some point. So he probably said something maybe it was even sorry, and if Quentin sees his lips moving, it could set him off. Getting hit is no fun, and if the guy who hit you pops off or you think he pops off, it could set you off. People have charged the mound for years. No one gets 10 games. Quentin is getting punished for Greinke getting hurt.

If Greinke threw at Quentin and Quentin broke his hand and missed 2 months, Greinke would get at most a 5 game suspension where he would miss a start. That doesn't seem too fair.

Last edited by dickallen15; 04-12-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint View Post
After this, is anyone else starting to wonder if Carlos has been on steroids? I don't have any proof, but with all of the outbursts he has, one has to wonder if there's something behind it, especially when you consider his normally calm, quiet demeanor.
His eyebrows are on steroids.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 04-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Banned

This thread really shows me how many people on this site have ever played baseball competitively.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:43 PM
WSI High Priest

The thing I haven't notice anybody mention yet is how this started off as a sumo match. I've never seen a hitter and pitcher just bounce off of each other like that. On first contact, neither went for a take down, neither attempted to throw a punch. It was just weird.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:53 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
This thread really shows me how many people on this site have ever played baseball competitively.
Care to explain why you feel that way? And I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm truly curious.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:05 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Immigrant View Post
I agree with this 100%. I'm not happy that Greinke got hurt, but TCQ didn't come flying into him with his cleats up or swinging for his head.

Sometimes it is up to the players to police the game.
Bad.