White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittle42 View Post
You wouldn't ask that if you saw his Facebook rants on the topic.
Hangar's FB rants are epic.

All hail The Rick
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM
WSI Church Elder

It doesn't bother me like taking away the diamond patch, but it is definitely a small downgrade. I will be looking forward to the day Brooks leaves. He started out promising, but he is absolutely worthless.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:08 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Hangar's FB rants are epic.
Redundant.

I think every Hangar rant is epic.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibbs View Post
It doesn't bother me like taking away the diamond patch, but it is definitely a small downgrade. I will be looking forward to the day Brooks leaves. He started out promising, but he is absolutely worthless.
Yup. He is just brutal now.

After the endless string of bad decisions I think he has had a measurable negative impact on the appeal of the organization. From minimizing the organ, to dynamic pricing, to now incrementally worsening the road uniforms. Not to mention the Saliva rap video.

Just please, go away Brooks.

Last edited by FoulTerritory; 04-11-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

When seen side by side, I think the pants look better with the larger black and white piping, but I confess to not noticing the different pants during the game.

I would be willing to bet the smaller-piping pants are cheaper...and that said, I suspect the changes we've noticed are financially driven - such as the single piping pants, the replacement of the Pirates video with the voice-over intro - and perhaps other changes yet to come. They lowered ticket prices and parking prices, so this is where they are cutting costs. Perhaps they dropped the Pirates video so they don't have to pay royalties on the music. Booooooo.

Brooks & Co. may have been betting that fans won't notice the difference, or if they do, they won't care...Not on this board.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

I will never cease to be amazed with how some people act like different people throughout time have ruined the former Roman empire that was the White Sox. For some people it was the Reinsdorf group. Some it was Veeck. Some it's Brooks Boyer.

The Sox are probably more popular now than any other time in my lifetime other than 83, 93 and 2005, but that is never credited to anyone. Many fans just want to act like if the Sox didn't do obviously stupid things like change a stripe on the pants they'd easily be the most popular team in America with 10 straight World Series titles and the Yankees would quake in the boots at the mere mention of white socks.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:31 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
Many fans just want to act like if the Sox didn't do obviously stupid things like change a stripe on the pants they'd easily be the most popular team in America with 10 straight World Series titles and the Yankees would quake in the boots at the mere mention of white socks.
I'm not sure I see anyone saying that at all
Old 04-11-2013, 03:33 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
I will never cease to be amazed with how some people act like different people throughout time have ruined the former Roman empire that was the White Sox. For some people it was the Reinsdorf group. Some it was Veeck. Some it's Brooks Boyer.

The Sox are probably more popular now than any other time in my lifetime other than 83, 93 and 2005, but that is never credited to anyone. Many fans just want to act like if the Sox didn't do obviously stupid things like change a stripe on the pants they'd easily be the most popular team in America with 10 straight World Series titles and the Yankees would quake in the boots at the mere mention of white socks.
The Sox have gotten progressively less popular every year since 2005. That's to be expected to a degree, but your assertion of peak popularity is patently preposterous.

Do things like minor uniform tweaks and changing the intro video have a measurable impact on the team's popularity? I doubt it. But neither do they make the team more popular. So why spend time and resources on them when they don't serve to sell more tickets and merely peeve off a sliver of the fanbase?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:07 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
The Sox have gotten progressively less popular every year since 2005. That's to be expected to a degree, but your assertion of peak popularity is patently preposterous.

Do things like minor uniform tweaks and changing the intro video have a measurable impact on the team's popularity? I doubt it. But neither do they make the team more popular. So why spend time and resources on them when they don't serve to sell more tickets and merely peeve off a sliver of the fanbase?
This board fancies itself as a message board for diehard White Sox fans. Shouldn't diehard White Sox fans be complaining about Gavin Floyd et al rather than stripes on some pants and trying to find some deeper sinister meaning for the change?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
This board fancies itself as a message board for diehard White Sox fans. Shouldn't diehard White Sox fans be complaining about Gavin Floyd et al rather than stripes on some pants and trying to find some deeper sinister meaning for the change?
I think any Sox fan whose watched Gavin Floyd pitch before last night is aware of what you get from him.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:19 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Who are you to tell other fans what they should be complaining about? If I want to bitch about stripes on pants, then goddammit I'm going to bitch about stripes on pants.

That's the nice thing about the thread system: If you don't care about stripes on pants, then you don't have to comment on this thread. If you want to complain about Gavin Floyd, then you can start your own thread. But opening a thread about pants to complain about people commenting on pants is simply troll behavior.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:20 PM
WSI Church Elder

Clearly, the additional pants striping wasn't Gavin's problem.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
WSI Personality

The Sox will get their white stripe back when they make the post-season and not before. There, that's a pretty good reason for the change.

They thought taking away the sock on the away jersey would do it, but it turned out not to be enough.

Simple, no?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:40 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by wassagstdu View Post
The Sox will get their white stripe back when they make the post-season and not before. There, that's a pretty good reason for the change.

They thought taking away the sock on the away jersey would do it, but it turned out not to be enough.

Simple, no?
In that case, considering the talent in the minor leagues, somebody better get the sleeveless vests and softball shorts ready and waiting
Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post

That's the nice thing about the thread system: If you don't care about stripes on pants, then you don't have to comment on this thread. If you want to complain about Gavin Floyd, then you can start your own thread. But opening a thread about pants to complain about people commenting on pants is simply troll behavior.
The other nice thing about threads is you are allowed to give dissenting opinions. If you want to disagree with someone's opinion of pants stripes, you can do so. It is not trolling. That's such a bull**** argument. People aren't going to agree on everything. People have differing opinions. This place wouldn't be much fun if everyone agreed on everything in the thread. I've been on boards like that. They are ghost towns.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Closed Thread