White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Thank you. I didn't even notice. I was a little preoccupied with the action on the field.
Is it impossible to critically watch the game in its entirety and also notice that the uniforms have changed? Wow, I didn't know those were mutually exclusive concepts.

2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Old 04-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Official Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
...So it's not the end of the world and isn't really THAT big of a deal, but it is, well, annoying.
Hell, I don't know, maybe they got a discount on some leftover pants, but I am amazed at the things fans notice, much less get concerned about. The stripe on the side of the pants. Damn.

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Old 04-10-2013, 04:14 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
Hell, I don't know, maybe they got a discount on some leftover pants, but I am amazed at the things fans notice, much less get concerned about. The stripe on the side of the pants. Damn.
They've been wearing the same pants for 22+ years. Accounting for the time lost at the end of '94 and beginning of '95 for the strike, along with the Boston series at the end of '90, they've played around 1700 games in those.

I mean, perhaps you are "amazed" that someone noticed, but I don't think we're talking about some supernatural abilities here like counting the number of hairs sticking out of Hawk's beak.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Official Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian26 View Post
They've been wearing the same pants for 22+ years. Accounting for the time lost at the end of '94 and beginning of '95 for the strike, along with the Boston series at the end of '90, they've played around 1700 games in those.

I mean, perhaps you are "amazed" that someone noticed, but I don't think we're talking about some supernatural abilities here like counting the number of hairs sticking out of Hawk's beak.
Okay, but if you had asked me before this thread to describe the stripe on the legs of the road uniform pants, chances are pretty good I wouldn't have been able to. Generally describe the road uniform? Sure. But that level of detail? Probably not.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Is it impossible to critically watch the game in its entirety and also notice that the uniforms have changed? Wow, I didn't know those were mutually exclusive concepts.
Well, believe it. I can watch a game without paying attention to every little detail of the uniform. It is possible.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 04-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Okay, but if you had asked me before this thread to describe the stripe on the legs of the road uniform pants, chances are pretty good I wouldn't have been able to. Generally describe the road uniform? Sure. But that level of detail? Probably not.
I'm in this boat as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
If the Sox took the field wearing another team's uniforms, I might notice that, however, I usually don't pay attention to the uni as much as the action on the field.

All hail The Rick
Old 04-10-2013, 05:24 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
There's saying "Wow. Look. The Sox have new pants."

And then there's saying "I always hate it when teams switch the uniform they won the World Series in. They should be mandated to keep that uniform forever." and making 5 of the first 10 posts in a thread about it.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 PM
WSI Church Elder

If history repeats itself, the SOX will probably wear the gray road jerseys after losing last night in the black alternates.

As posted earlier, perhaps the gray pants with the single black piping will be used only with the black alternate jersey and that the road grays haven't changed.

I remember when the SOX had the home vest alternates. They did not wear them as much as the regular jerseys, but the home pinstripe pants were worn with all three home jerseys. By August and September, you could see a pretty drastic color brightness difference between the pants and the vest jerseys where the vests looked a lot whiter/cleaner. I remember Hawk and DJ talking about it during one of the games.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:32 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
I am really lost on this. You are honestly telling me that for 22 years the Sox have worn a pair of grey pants with a black and white stripe down the side, and you have never noticed that, recognized that and would not have been able to recollect that at all? Seriously? You attribute the term "level of detail" to something like that? Ok. I guess my brain works in a different way than yours. Huh.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:41 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
If history repeats itself, the SOX will probably wear the gray road jerseys after losing last night in the black alternates.

As posted earlier, perhaps the gray pants with the single black piping will be used only with the black alternate jersey and that the road grays haven't changed.

I remember when the SOX had the home vest alternates. They did not wear them as much as the regular jerseys, but the home pinstripe pants were worn with all three home jerseys. By August and September, you could see a pretty drastic color brightness difference between the pants and the vest jerseys where the vests looked a lot whiter/cleaner. I remember Hawk and DJ talking about it during one of the games.
Red, you are talking to the wrong crowd on this subject. We got guys here that havent noticed the grey pants have had a tuxedo stripe down the side for the last 22 years. You're insane to noticed that level of detail. Watch the damn action on the field.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
I am really lost on this. You are honestly telling me that for 22 years the Sox have worn a pair of grey pants with a black and white stripe down the side, and you have never noticed that, recognized that and would not have been able to recollect that at all? Seriously? You attribute the term "level of detail" to something like that? Ok. I guess my brain works in a different way than yours. Huh.
He said before this thread he couldn't describe the stripe, not that he didn't notice it. reading comprehension...you said something about that earlier, right? And you seem to be taking this quite personally. Some of us don't notice subtle changes like that...and it is a subtle change, no matter what you might think. It's not like they went from black to gray pants. For Christ sakes, it's a stripe on pants. We didn't notice the change. Big deal. Geez...
Old 04-10-2013, 07:04 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
You seem to be taking this quite personally. Some of us don't notice subtle changes like that...and it is a subtle change, no matter what you might think. It's not like they went from black to gray pants. For Christ sakes, it's a stripe on pants. We didn't notice the change. Big deal. Geez...
I went to Dressed to the Nines (the Baseball HOF online database and exhibit on MLB uniforms) to compare, but unfortunately their database is rather incomplete.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Brian, I'm with you on this. I can watch a game and pick up changes on uniforms, stadiums, signs and whatever else from year to year.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Brian, I'm with you on this. I can watch a game and pick up changes on uniforms, stadiums, signs and whatever else from year to year.
That's great. You can spot those changes. Some of us don't pay that much attention. If they weren't wearing pants...that might get my attention.
Closed Thread