White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the Sporting News ROTY award, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Karkovice View Post
I dont understand the reference here?
It's political. Google Bill Maher Donald Trump.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:07 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFanCPA View Post
It's political. Google Bill Maher Donald Trump.
I should know that. I don't miss an episode of Bill Maher's show on HBO. I think he's pretty funny. Annoyingly left at times, but funny/smart nonetheless.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:39 AM
WSI Personality

Has anyone talked to ANYONE who is actually happy with the video switch? Serious question. So far it's been unanimous against it, as far as I can tell...
Old 04-08-2013, 09:52 AM
WSI Regular

Yesterday was my second game of the season so I paid a little more attention to it. It has some nice parts (as someone said with Minnie crying at the parade), but the crowd was so quiet and didn't get pumped up until Thunderstruck started. The Minnie clip could have easily been added to the old intro.

The new video is pretty dull and the whole message is really weak. It has me missing the old intro more than ever. I think they only created it so they can get that "Make an impact" line in at the end of it before Thunderstruck starts. We can only hope the Pirates highlight video is back April 19.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxFann View Post
Yesterday was my second game of the season so I paid a little more attention to it. It has some nice parts (as someone said with Minnie crying at the parade), but the crowd was so quiet and didn't get pumped up until Thunderstruck started. The Minnie clip could have easily been added to the old intro.

The new video is pretty dull and the whole message is really weak. It has me missing the old intro more than ever. I think they only created it so they can get that "Make an impact" line in at the end of it before Thunderstruck starts. We can only hope the Pirates highlight video is back April 19.
At the risk of getting redundant, I can't stress enough the importance of emailing Brooks if you want the Pirates video back. This doesn't change unless his inbox gets inundated. (Not that I want to drown the guy in email, but he's apparently still in denial about how unpopular this decision is.)

Bboyer@chisox.com
Old 04-08-2013, 11:24 AM
WSI Church Elder

I must be the only one here who doesn't mind the new intro. Don't get me wrong: the old one was great, but this one's not terrible in my mind.

Different strokes, different folks I guess.

2014 PtC Score: 1
Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
At the risk of getting redundant, I can't stress enough the importance of emailing Brooks if you want the Pirates video back. This doesn't change unless his inbox gets inundated. (Not that I want to drown the guy in email, but he's apparently still in denial about how unpopular this decision is.)

Bboyer@chisox.com
I emailed Brooks and he replied. In a polite way he basically told me to shove it. They are going to do what they have planned to do all along.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:03 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Kenny View Post
I emailed Brooks and he replied. In a polite way he basically told me to shove it. They are going to do what they have planned to do all along.
I know. He's good at polite shoving. It's a shame. At least they'll know people think they're wrong, even if they ultimately don't care.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
I know. He's good at polite shoving. It's a shame. At least they'll know people think they're wrong, even if they ultimately don't care.
It seems to me that the one major change in the White Sox marketing department of late has been they are now politely telling people to shove it and "We don't care what you think." It used to be "Shove it, we don't care what you think. Now why won't people come to the ballpark?!"

Go Sox!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:56 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
I must be the only one here who doesn't mind the new intro. Don't get me wrong: the old one was great, but this one's not terrible in my mind.

Different strokes, different folks I guess.
So the old one was great, the new one isn't "terrible", and you're ok with the downgrade.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

Quote:

Bboyer@chisox.com
Done. I want it back.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
Done. I want it back.
I don't think you're going to see it back anytime soon. I can't recall the last time the White Sox reversed a position they had taken even when the fan base complained. Well, maybe dynamic pricing but that only took what? Three years?
Old 04-08-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I don't think you're going to see it back anytime soon. I can't recall the last time the White Sox reversed a position they had taken even when the fan base complained. Well, maybe dynamic pricing but that only took what? Three years?
Fine, but I'm still going to let them know how I feel about it. And when I fill out surveys this season, I'm going to keep complaining about it on those surveys too.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:42 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
Fine, but I'm still going to let them know how I feel about it. And when I fill out surveys this season, I'm going to keep complaining about it on those surveys too.
Good for you. I wish you well. I WISH the White Sox would listen to you and their other fans. I know they want to grow the fan base and I hope that they do but that has been a goal ever since Jerry Reinsdorf and Eddie Einhorn took over, they haven't done so. Their attempts have been ham-fisted and wind up alienating the traditional fan base.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 PM

I did get a response from Brooks; he said that he had heard from fans about the issue, and that they were looking at it. He did state that he hoped I'd reserve judgment until I saw it in person. But from what those of you who have seen it in person have said, it seems the new video is actually better suited to television than in person, since no one can hear what's been said.