White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM
WSI High Priest

I am going to be really sad if there's no more Pirates intro. The way it combines Sox historical highlights and showcases current players, using epic music...it is terrific. I loved watching it carefully to see the changes each season. I looked forward to seeing it both at games and the times that they showed it on TV. Brooks, if you're reading this - please bring it back!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
I am going to be really sad if there's no more Pirates intro. The way it combines Sox historical highlights and showcases current players, using epic music...it is terrific. I loved watching it carefully to see the changes each season. I looked forward to seeing it both at games and the times that they showed it on TV. Brooks, if you're reading this - please bring it back!
Send Brooks an email to bboyer@chisox.com
Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 PM
WSI Personality

Yeah...not a fan. The voice is too deep and easily muddled - even with a sparse crowd like today. Having music build to a crescendo is far better than narrative. In fact...I can't remember ever hearing a voice over for ANY intro for all the teams I have visited.

I still miss Homerun of the Century
Old 04-04-2013, 12:23 AM
WSI Regular

So much hate for this video. IMO, I found it interesting. Never seen this from any other team using their own players to look like they did it. Kinda reminds me of the video i saw of some Hawk players singing "Here Come the Hawks"
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Heard it today to start broadcast on wciu, its ok but not something you can hear and understand at the park.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:00 PM
WSI Regular

Just to follow up after seeing it a second time today.

The voice over just doesn't work. I sat in the upper deck on the 1st base side on opening day with a large crowd, and in right field today with a small crowd. You just can't hear it. People in section 107 today were trying to pay attention to it, and were mostly just confused because they had no idea what was being said.

That being said, there is some cool footage in the video. I love the shot of Minnie Minoso with tears running down his face during the World Series parade. I have seen the clip from the World Series DVD of him yelling to the crowd "I love everybody!" But the emotion you see from him on the pregame video is awesome.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:12 PM
WSI Regular

I was very disappointed by the intro today at the game, as others have said it is just boring. It should get the fans pumped up for the game, not put them to sleep.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 AM
WSI Regular

My first post! Thought this would be a good one to get my feet wet

I took my daughters to Opening Day and the new intro was played. We couldn't hear it, got bored and tuned it out. Then Thunderstruck started playing... my 14 year old said "What the heck?! Where's the MONtage??!!"

So, I'm just throwing my 2 cents out there, that it really was part of the fan experience, and that even the younger fans got into it. I'd like to see it back.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 AM
WSI Regular

After reading about the new video on this website, I was really expecting the worst at the game yesterday. However, I wasn't as put off by the video as I thought I would be. That being said, it was almost impossible to hear.

At the end of the day, I hope they bring back the original video that so many of us enjoyed watching before the game.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:51 PM
WSI Regular

What, if any, pre-game video did they show 1983? That's what they should use for Sunday games.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:02 PM
WSI Regular

The video is awful. Loved $10 parking though.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM
WSI Personality

Boo to the video changing. I looked forward to the video every game. Would even try to finish tailgating on time to catch it. Just like I enjoy watching the Bulls smash the opponents bus in their video. Why mess with it? I learned some of the White Sox important moments through that video. It's cool seeing the past mesh with the present and future.

Booooo.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:14 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookie View Post
Boo to the video changing. I looked forward to the video every game. Would even try to finish tailgating on time to catch it. Just like I enjoy watching the Bulls smash the opponents bus in their video. Why mess with it? I learned some of the White Sox important moments through that video. It's cool seeing the past mesh with the present and future.

Booooo.
Well according to the data you are in the minority. Everyone wanted the pregame montage changed.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

Bill Maher has offered $1 million to anyone who can prove they told Brooks Boyer they were unhappy with the previous pregame video.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:59 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by BainesHOF View Post
Bill Maher has offered $1 million to anyone who can prove they told Brooks Boyer they were unhappy with the previous pregame video.
I dont understand the reference here?