White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-07-2013, 07:53 PM
JB98's Avatar
JB98 JB98 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
Posts: 27,523
Default

It's good to see Addison Reed off to a strong start this season. Three saves and a win in four scoreless appearances this homestand. I think he's the key to the Sox bullpen. If he locks down the closer's job and pitches consistently, everything else is going to fall into place in the late innings. With the addition of Lindstrom (an excellent signing), Robin has a lot of different options this year.
__________________
JB's attendance record:
2004: 14-5; 2005: 16-8; 2006: 19-10; 2007: 8-12; 2008: 15-7; 2009: 6-13; 2010: 12-11; 2011: 9-8; 2012: 11-7; 2013: 8-9; 2014: 7-9; Total: 125-99.
Next game: April 2015

R
ead my new baseball blog: http://thebaseballkid98.blogspot.com/

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:17 PM
SCCWS SCCWS is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochile View Post
Gratz on the ball I still have never got one, came close a couple times but it was not to be...
Wait a minute. If you got a ball, wouldn't you give it to the closest kid, relative or not, near you???
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:30 PM
C-Dawg C-Dawg is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Glen Ellyn, IL
Posts: 2,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElevenUp View Post
Just got back from the game with my kids. I made the decision to go this morning and definitely don't regret it. Viciedo's walk off was a no doubter. the game was well-pitched and was pretty fast. 3 hours for an extra inning game worked for me as the temperature was starting to dip towards the end.
No doubt on that! We were in the sun for a couple innings then when it went behind the upper concourse the temperature felt like it dropped 30 degrees! I was kicking myself for nor bringing my nice gray Sox dugout jacket. But its all good since this game breaks a personal losing streak - its been about four in a row they've lost that I've been to.
__________________
CHICAGO BEARS
Super Bowl XLVII Feb. 3, 2013
CHAMPIONS
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:30 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Wait a minute. If you got a ball, wouldn't you give it to the closest kid, relative or not, near you???
That's what I'd do, as I don't have much use for baseballs.

The one exception to the rule would be if I caught someone's milestone home run ball, in which case I'd hand the ball over to security in exchange for whatever the player in question was willing to trade. Honestly, though, if I had the chance to meet a Major League player to give him his home run ball, I'd probably settle for a picture and maybe a few minutes of small talk. To me, those experiences are worth more (emotionally) than a signed bat or ball.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Zakath Zakath is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In the water barrel off the now-finished Borman Expressway
Posts: 7,496
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB98 View Post
It's good to see Addison Reed off to a strong start this season. Three saves and a win in four scoreless appearances this homestand. I think he's the key to the Sox bullpen. If he locks down the closer's job and pitches consistently, everything else is going to fall into place in the late innings. With the addition of Lindstrom (an excellent signing), Robin has a lot of different options this year.
It's always seemed that the best way to build a bullpen is from the back end first. Get your closer locked down, then your set-up men.
__________________
I want my $2.

Obligatory 2014 attendance record: 1-1

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

JACK....IS....BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,916
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
That's what I'd do, as I don't have much use for baseballs.

The one exception to the rule would be if I caught someone's milestone home run ball, in which case I'd hand the ball over to security in exchange for whatever the player in question was willing to trade. Honestly, though, if I had the chance to meet a Major League player to give him his home run ball, I'd probably settle for a picture and maybe a few minutes of small talk. To me, those experiences are worth more (emotionally) than a signed bat or ball.
The only ball I ever caught was the first night game at the new park in 1991 and I kept it. It was a foul ball off the bat of Fisk. It had a special new Comiskey Park logo on it and fans were offering me 50 bucks for it, I should have taken the 50 for it's worth about 20 to 30 bucks as we speak.
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.

Last edited by LITTLE NELL; 04-07-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:56 PM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCWS View Post
Wait a minute. If you got a ball, wouldn't you give it to the closest kid, relative or not, near you???
I would keep it. When the kid gets bigger, he can get his own ball.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-07-2013, 08:58 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,916
Post

Noticed on TV today that by the 7th inning hardly anyone was sitting on the right side of the park, most of the fans were on the left side in the sun. Do the Sox make an announcement that fans can go sit in any empty seat they can find in the sun?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:09 PM
anewman35 anewman35 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
I realized a very long time ago that the White Sox will never get a fair shake in this city with the media. But it still pisses me off at times. The first place White Sox win todays game with a walk off home run by the Tank. The bad guys on the Northside just got swept today in Atlanta. Channel 7's 5 o'clock news opens there sports segment featuring the Cubs loss and Channel 2's 5.30 news opens there sports segment featuring the Cubs loss also. This certainly has to upset the White Sox management when your first place team plays second fiddle in the media to a team thats going to lose 100 games again.
It's the first week of the season, and the Sox are 4-2 (not 6-0), so I'm quite sure that nobody except the hardest core of Sox fans cares that they are in "first place". Just accept it, the Cubs have the bigger fanbase, and so by default they're going to get more coverage. That can change later in the season when "first place" means something, but for now there's no reason to complain about this (especially since it's just more coverage of the Cubs sucking).
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The only ball I ever caught was the first night game at the new park in 1991 and I kept it. It was a foul ball off the bat of Fisk. It had a special new Comiskey Park logo on it and fans were offering me 50 bucks for it, I should have taken the 50 for it's worth about 20 to 30 bucks as we speak.
That's interesting that it had a logo like that. I didn't realize MLB allowed that sort of thing, aside from AS Games and postseason play, which feature special balls with logos depicting each event. It may not be worth that much, but I think that's pretty cool you have something like that.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:20 PM
Wedema Wedema is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hammond, IN
Posts: 646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Noticed on TV today that by the 7th inning hardly anyone was sitting on the right side of the park, most of the fans were on the left side in the sun. Do the Sox make an announcement that fans can go sit in any empty seat they can find in the sun?

There was no announcement. Fans just flock to the sun when it is chilly out just like they will move to the shade during the hot summer games if there are seats available then.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-07-2013, 09:36 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
That's interesting that it had a logo like that. I didn't realize MLB allowed that sort of thing, aside from AS Games and postseason play, which feature special balls with logos depicting each event. It may not be worth that much, but I think that's pretty cool you have something like that.
Here you go.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (63.9 KB, 59 views)
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:02 PM
MtGrnwdSoxFan MtGrnwdSoxFan is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Mount Greenwood. No, really?
Posts: 3,934
Default

Getting ready to head out tomorrow morning to DC for the game on Tuesday. So excited.

Peavy vs. Gonzalez. It should be a good one.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 0-0

Last Game: N/A
Next Game: TBD
Nacho Helmet Count: 0

- 2011 WSI H2H2 Keeper League Runner-up (Relatively Decent)


Frank Thomas, Hall of Famer. I love the sound of that.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Railsplitter Railsplitter is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Streamwood, IL
Posts: 6,330
Default

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,505
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Noticed on TV today that by the 7th inning hardly anyone was sitting on the right side of the park, most of the fans were on the left side in the sun. Do the Sox make an announcement that fans can go sit in any empty seat they can find in the sun?
No announcement made, but, yes, everyone moved over to the 3rd base side fairly early in the game. It was cold in the shade.
__________________
2014 Attendance Record: 4-5; 0.444
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.