White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I Totally agree with you, If only the Brewers would have shifted to AL central and Royals to Al west. That would have expanded the number of Sox games, I would go to.
I kind of like the Brewers being in the NL--two parks within a couple of hours where I can see NL players that I wouldn't be able to see in person otherwise.

Though the downside is that there isn't another ALC park to see the Sox anywhere within a few hours.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:05 PM
MMXXIII

I must have been to Miller Park on a bad day because I certainly didn't think the experience was anything that terrific, other than I guess being able to walk around the entire park even though I was in an Upper Deck seat. But it was still a hassle to park, the food was fine but nothing spectatular, and the park really isn't that great... Even with the roof open you feel like you're inside, which, I don't know, defeats the point of going to the park IMO. If I wanted to watch a game inside I'd just stay at home or go to a bar.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBradley72 View Post
Entered the stadium at 3:00- no schedule or rally towel- game is ALWAYS a sell out- no excuses.

I tend to be very nitpicky on this stuff- I've been to 20+ ballparks around the majors- and you just don't see this stuff at other stadiums.

I live halfway between The Cell and Miller Park- so I go to 4-5 Brewers games every year- they are one my adopted NL teams- the whole way they run the event on game day blows way the White Sox experience- its not even close (parking & traffic flow, promotional giveaways, quality & variety of food and beverages, access to good scoreboard info/visibility, etc.).

When I go to a Brewers game the day/night before a White Sox game- the contrast is "jolting".

They probably ran out of the magnetic scheules because they weren't actually handing them out. They just had them in stacks and people were grabbing as many as they wanted. I think it confused the ticket takers as they had to scan the ticket, hand out the game card, hand out the rally towel, and hand out the magnetic scheudle all at once.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:10 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Entered the stadium at 3:00- no schedule or rally towel- game is ALWAYS a sell out- no excuses.

I tend to be very nitpicky on this stuff- I've been to 20+ ballparks around the majors- and you just don't see this stuff at other stadiums.

I live halfway between The Cell and Miller Park- so I go to 4-5 Brewers games every year- they are one my adopted NL teams- the whole way they run the event on game day blows way the White Sox experience- its not even close (parking & traffic flow, promotional giveaways, quality & variety of food and beverages, access to good scoreboard info/visibility, etc.).

When I go to a Brewers game the day/night before a White Sox game- the contrast is "jolting".
When I was in Milwaukee for the Sox series a couple of years ago, I entered a parking lot to a long line and they waved me to another line but no one actually took my money so I parked in a lot for free.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:15 PM
WSI Regular

Some positive comments:

1. I was pleasantly surprised that the Beers Around The World Stand held prices firm to last year (usually its an automatic annual $.50 price increase). I wish they had more locations especially for a large crowd day like the opener.

2. The Sox did provide some port a potties in the concourse ramps. bathroom lines were still long buts it's opening day - 90% males, most drinking beer on a cold day...
Old 04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Some positive comments:

1. I was pleasantly surprised that the Beers Around The World Stand held prices firm to last year (usually its an automatic annual $.50 price increase). I wish they had more locations especially for a large crowd day like the opener.

2. The Sox did provide some port a potties in the concourse ramps. bathroom lines were still long buts it's opening day - 90% males, most drinking beer on a cold day...
Also the beer vendors were selling their brews for $7.75 again this year. Not justifying paying $7.75 for a Miller Lite but I was expecting another quarter increase this offseason and was figuring it would be $8 yesterday.

2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 PM
WSI Personality

I can't believe "The Show" hasn't yet been mentioned. It started with a horrible Eminem ripoff and only got worse during the interviews. I'm pretty sure that they didn't rehearse.

You can't play baseball without Pants.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Heck, going to just about any other team's home game and then going to a Sox game is jolting. Sox are easily the worst in terms of overall quality, friendliness, and helpfulness of their staff that I've seen at a MLB game.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jinx View Post
Heck, going to just about any other team's home game and then going to a Sox game is jolting. Sox are easily the worst in terms of overall quality, friendliness, and helpfulness of their staff that I've seen at a MLB game.
At the Great American Ballpark, I heard an usher belting out "Can I help anyone?", and I felt as if I were on Mars.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
I must have been to Miller Park on a bad day because I certainly didn't think the experience was anything that terrific, other than I guess being able to walk around the entire park even though I was in an Upper Deck seat. But it was still a hassle to park, the food was fine but nothing spectatular, and the park really isn't that great... Even with the roof open you feel like you're inside, which, I don't know, defeats the point of going to the park IMO. If I wanted to watch a game inside I'd just stay at home or go to a bar.
My point wasn't around the structure/architecture of the ballpark- more around the quality of the way they run the game day experience for the fans. It's not perfect- just much better than the Cell from my experience.
MLB Parks Visited: 24
MiLB Parks Visited: 11
Old 04-03-2013, 07:36 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
My point wasn't around the structure/architecture of the ballpark- more around the quality of the way they run the game day experience for the fans. It's not perfect- just much better than the Cell from my experience.
That's fine, to each their own, but I was merely pointing out my experience at Miller wasn't anything notably better or worse than the Cell, but I'll also admit maybe I'm not the right guy to talk to about this as I don't need to be dazzled or wowed by the "gameday experience" or have an usher hold my hand all night long. Is there a game? Check. Is someone going to bring me a hot dog and a beer? Check. OK, I'm happy.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
That's fine, to each their own, but I was merely pointing out my experience at Miller wasn't anything notably better or worse than the Cell, but I'll also admit maybe I'm not the right guy to talk to about this as I don't need to be dazzled or wowed by the "gameday experience" or have an usher hold my hand all night long. Is there a game? Check. Is someone going to bring me a hot dog and a beer? Check. OK, I'm happy.

I have a feeling most people who go to a ballgame feel this way. For entertainment, there is always Disneyland or Great America. Most people go to a ballgame to see, well, a ballgame.

All hail The Rick
Old 04-03-2013, 08:26 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

I don't need the ushers approaching me and explaining to me how the rows are numbered from higher to lower as you get closer to the field. I can figure that out.

What I saw at Miller Park last weekend that I would like to see at USCF is an extremely friendly workforce at the concession stands that seemed to actually care and wanted to get my order to me in a timely fashion. That aspect of my experience was refreshing and something I wasn't used to.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
Parking/traffic direction is a joke. I'm shocked there aren't more accidents/fights/general anarchy after games.
I've had it out with those parking/traffic director people many times. They suck when it's not that crowded too. Someone is gonna get run over on 37th street between lots E and F (I think those are the letters)

Today is my first game so I'll predict what will bother me:

Only the fan deck will be open in the outfield
Traffic people
Staduim club will close like 5 minutes after the game even though they're supposed to stay open for at least an hour.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Another opening day in the books for meÖ
-Liked how they added more portajohns to the concourse.
-Concourse was pretty crowded, but thatís to be expected during a sell out
-Parking could have been handled better. Got there at like 1:15 and it took about 20 min to get into a parking lot.
- Leaving the game was rough with all the congestion
-Not sure if this is new but Lot L the one behind Lot F is no longer just gravel They added brick ontop of it so thatís nice.
-I actually noticed all the food workers were very friendly
-The opener was dumb. It doesnít matter how loud you turn the speakers youíre never going to be able to hear a spoken word track through the PA due to the echo/bass effect. I miss the Pirates opener a lot. Hopefully this will be like last year when they got rid of the Boom fireworks for a few games, realized their mistake and brought them back.