White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestkosher View Post
While the lip syncing was terrible, it does have some promise to the younger viewers. Beckham did a fairly good job, and Coop fade away was good. I would like them to see if they can step this up with a sort of "THE Band" type theme and have them playing or at least do a somewhat good job of pretending to play hard rock. They can then end the video with the message, "Rock this House", which would work as a means to get the fans a bit involved. I could also see the Sox doing a fan video competition of the same song.
Booooooooooooooooooo!
2005-2013 Record: 49-38
MLB Parks Visited: 24, MiLB Parks Visited: 11
"When I heard the National Anthem it hit me," Jose Abreu said through White Sox spokesperson Lou Hernandez. "I love the Anthem. When I learn English Iím going to sing it."
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 AM
WSI Personality

My response from Brooks (kudos to him for promptness):

Quote:
I would be curious to know your thoughts about the open if you could have heard the audio. From our research, people are ready for a change. People like (some love) the old open but there are significantly more that were ready for something new. Please give it a chance (when you can hear the audio) and let me know what you think in May.
I had mentioned that we couldn't hear the stadium audio very well from where we were sitting. In any case, it sounds like that new intro is here to stay, which is a real disappointment.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestkosher View Post
While the lip syncing was terrible, it does have some promise to the younger viewers. Beckham did a fairly good job, and Coop fade away was good. I would like them to see if they can step this up with a sort of "THE Band" type theme and have them playing or at least do a somewhat good job of pretending to play hard rock. They can then end the video with the message, "Rock this House", which would work as a means to get the fans a bit involved. I could also see the Sox doing a fan video competition of the same song.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
WSI Personality

Disagree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milw View Post
Why was this thread merged with the thread about the CSN video? They're different topics altogether.

In any event, I indeed emailed Brooks to express my displeasure. Bboyer@chisox.com
me too! I didn't even know what was going on and we kept waiting for the "Pirates" video to start. Such a bad idea to change the intro.

http://www.chicagonow.com/sox-stuff
Old 04-02-2013, 10:25 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

I had mentioned that we couldn't hear the stadium audio very well from where we were sitting. In any case, it sounds like that new intro is here to stay, which is a real disappointment.
I saw it, but I have to say that I wasn't really paying attention to it. When the new video ended and they went into Thunderstruck, I was a little too surprised the old video wasn't firing up to realize what I had just seen. I'll be there Wednesday and pay closer attention to it; I am willing to give it a chance.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM
WSI High Priest

I was never in favor of booing players at the game but I sure wouldnt mind booing this at the game. Boyer seems to be a very stubborn individual and wont admit mistakes. Maybe hearing the crowd boo every time this is played will give the chairman some thoughts of making a change.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:29 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
I was never in favor of booing players at the game but I sure wouldnt mind booing this at the game. Boyer seems to be a very stubborn individual and wont admit mistakes. Maybe hearing the crowd boo every time this is played will give the chairman some thoughts of making a change.
That won't happen based on Brooks' market survey.

www.twitter.com/jasonrosko
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

"From our research"?

I've never heard a single fan remotely comment that the montage was getting old- I thought it was cool the way they added new historic moments as they happened (i.e. Game 163, Thome 500th homer, etc.).

Of all the things to spend their time on- this shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the list-
Old 04-02-2013, 10:34 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
Did you even hear the audio?
I couldnt hear it all so will reserve my judgement until I can.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
Did you even hear the audio?
Not really but then let Boyer put it on the official Sox site so all the fans can hear and listen to it.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 AM
WSI High Priest

I'm trying to figure out if I saw the same intro on TV that they played on the scoreboard.

On TV there was a pretty short piece that begins with some black and white shots of the field, and the voice over with "It's full of rebirth...a fresh start...a clean slate...a new season of White Sox baseball is upon us...and for Ventura and crew, it's time to make an impact" and then a bunch of (color) video action clips from games, and more voice over about Opening Day. (I could actually transcribe the rest if anyone is interested, as the game is still on my DVR.)

Does that sound like what was on the scoreboard?
Old 04-02-2013, 11:09 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post
I'm trying to figure out if I saw the same intro on TV that they played on the scoreboard.

On TV there was a pretty short piece that begins with some black and white shots of the field, and the voice over with "It's full of rebirth...a fresh start...a clean slate...a new season of White Sox baseball is upon us...and for Ventura and crew, it's time to make an impact" and then a bunch of (color) video action clips from games, and more voice over about Opening Day. (I could actually transcribe the rest if anyone is interested, as the game is still on my DVR.)

I couldn't tell you. I literally couldn't hear any of the words. The visuals might be right, but honestly, it was so boring I kind of stopped paying attention.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:42 AM
WSI Guru

This is my impression based on my dealings with some of the folks who have major input into what the Sox do in these regards.

I'm not saying it's wrong or they are wrong but there does seem to be some individuals who simply don't have as big an appreciation for the history of the franshice, the alumni, the magic moments that the franchise has experienced and I think that is reflected in some of the decisions made.

There are also some who do have a deep appreciation not only for the history of the Sox franchise but for the game itself, the pace, the style of it.

It might be said that there is a cultural or a generational 'war' (for want of a better word) on things along these lines...hip-hop vs. organ music, the 'pirates' montage vs. the 'song' that aired on CSN. Things like that.

I suspect some feel change is automatic, necessary and good...others who feel the game itself evokes tradition and doesn't need major changes. It's also an attempt I suspect to get a younger generation of fans involved along their terms and in ways they are comfortable with.

Given that baseball historically is a traditionalist sport it's hard to find a solution that will satisfy everyone.

Lip

Last edited by Lip Man 1; 04-02-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:43 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSoxGal85 View Post

That sounds like what was on the scoreboard but I just assumed it was for Opening Day and the regular 'Pirates' video would be next. But, when I started seeing clips from the 'Pirates' video in the new video, I realized that there would be no 'Pirates' video. This new video will also have to be changed next year as "make an impact" was mentioned at least twice (at the beginning and at the end) as that is this year's marketing slogan.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

I don't mind that the montage was retired, but the new narrative one doesn't work. Hearing that over baked speech every game is going to get a little tiresome. Music over clips is all you need. I hate to keep bringing them up, but the Hawks new "I stand for.." Scoreboard video over fun's Some Nights works and they seem to change it up every so often.