White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
soxfan21 soxfan21 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: 15 Miles From The Cell
Posts: 1,117
Default

Great game to be at, and an exceptional performance by Sale.
__________________
WEEKEND HOME: Sec. 115 Row 10
NEXT GAME: June 14
2014 Season Attendance Record: 4-6
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Jurr Jurr is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,990
Default

I sure as hell like wins like this over the fiasco that happened against Cleveland a couple years ago.
I firmly believe that close wins featuring pitching and defense set a much better tone than softball games with guys swinging out of their shoes at sub-par pitching.

When the game is close, ABs just mean more, and defensive focus is needed.
I will take these games all year, especially if the pitching staff has enough talent and health to keep it up.
__________________
"Guess what? I bought you a Hawk and DJ bobblehead on ebay. It even says 'Hawk' on Hawk's hat. Isn't that cool."
---My awesome father
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 28,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurr View Post
I sure as hell like wins like this over the fiasco that happened against Cleveland a couple years ago.
I firmly believe that close wins featuring pitching and defense set a much better tone than softball games with guys swinging out of their shoes at sub-par pitching.

When the game is close, ABs just mean more, and defensive focus is needed.
I will take these games all year, especially if the pitching staff has enough talent and health to keep it up.
I agree, and especially so in a lower-scoring of MLB now as compared to 5 or 10 years ago.
__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Railsplitter Railsplitter is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Streamwood, IL
Posts: 6,312
Default

Can never have enough of these


The first of many!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:26 PM
shingo10 shingo10 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 824
Default

Win series, win series, win series.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:30 PM
sox1970 sox1970 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 7,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shingo10 View Post
Win series, win series, win series.
That's the postseason.

The regular season is 162 opportunities to win one game.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:36 PM
SoxSpeed22 SoxSpeed22 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 7,830
Default

This is how it's probably going to be this year. Pitching, defense and homers are going to have to get it done. At least we finally won one against the Royals in what seemed like a while (and not just because there was offseason).
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,378
Default

Voodoo:

I think the staff can be pretty good if they avoid injuries and Danks returns but one of the best in team history?

Short answer: no.

Let's not get carried away here.

Lip
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
TDog TDog is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Modesto, California
Posts: 16,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxSpeed22 View Post
This is how it's probably going to be this year. Pitching, defense and homers are going to have to get it done. At least we finally won one against the Royals in what seemed like a while (and not just because there was offseason).
Early in the game, Flowers had a chance to give the White Sox a 1-0 with a single. Late in the game, the White Sox had a runner on second with no one out. The White Sox could have scored a run without getting a hit. The need for home runs is overrated.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 PM
Golden Sox Golden Sox is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oswego, Illinois
Posts: 781
Default Undefeated

I know deep down inside my heart, this is a great start to a Playoff bound season. I'm convinced more and more that the White Sox are going to make a shambles of the Central Division in 2013. Who knows they might even go undefeated this year. We shall see.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 PM
lpneck lpneck is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Got to hand it to MLB, the Sox franchise has lost fans six years straight...yet they schedule 16 home games in April for them. Amazing isn't it??? Talk about not being willing to help...and folks wonder why the Sox are pissed off at the schedule makers every year.

Just glad to get the win. I'll give them a mulligan today because it was so damn cold. If the Sox are still scoring one or two runs off this 'vaunted' Royals pitching staff in June (like they seemed to do a bunch last year) I'll be concerned.

You remember the last time the Sox opened the season with a 1-0 win don't you???

Lip
What is with your constant negativity? I understood it to a certain extent last September when everyone was frustrated as the Sox collapsed, but seriously? After a 1-0 opening day win?

I know you believe there is a clear anti-sox agenda from the schedule makers for whatever reason, despite the fact the start of the season is 6 game home stand, 10 game road trip, 10 game home stand, 8 game road trip.

And I know you feel the need to belittle good players from other teams with no regard for the fact that some of them are in fact, actually really good players. The Sox, who have a pretty awful lineup, won today on a 35 degree day against an All-Star starter in James Shields, an All-Star reliever in Aaron Crow, and Kelvin Herrera- who had a pretty damn good rookie year last year.

It was a good day to be a Sox fan.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 25,997
Default

Good thing Hahn and Co. don't listen to the all-volunteer General Manager Corps at WSI and got rid of Flowers (the only run scored) and sent Beckham to the bench (several game-saving flashes of the leather).
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 54,172
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
Good thing Hahn and Co. don't listen to the all-volunteer General Manager Corps at WSI and got rid of Flowers (the only run scored) and sent Beckham to the bench (several game-saving flashes of the leather).
Got it in with 1 hour to spare!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:59 PM
lpneck lpneck is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 153
Default

Sale was a stud today, and looked like the ace we all want him to be.

Got to give credit to Thornton- he came in a huge high leverage situation that wasn't of his making and blew Moustakis away on 3 pitches.

I liked seeing his emotion, too. He's normally a pretty reserved guy- I think he knew this was a big moment for him on the season even though it was opening day. He lost 10 games last year- if he gives up a hit to blow the win for Sale there would be an 8 page thread about how he can't be trusted and everyone would be holding their breath when he comes into a game for the next month.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 PM
delben91 delben91 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 6,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpneck View Post
What is with your constant negativity? I understood it to a certain extent last September when everyone was frustrated as the Sox collapsed, but seriously? After a 1-0 opening day win?

I know you believe there is a clear anti-sox agenda from the schedule makers for whatever reason, despite the fact the start of the season is 6 game home stand, 10 game road trip, 10 game home stand, 8 game road trip.

And I know you feel the need to belittle good players from other teams with no regard for the fact that some of them are in fact, actually really good players. The Sox, who have a pretty awful lineup, won today on a 35 degree day against an All-Star starter in James Shields, an All-Star reliever in Aaron Crow, and Kelvin Herrera- who had a pretty damn good rookie year last year.

It was a good day to be a Sox fan.
__________________
I've been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.