White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva Medias B's View Post
The franchise Loria killed in Montreal is now a contender to represent the National League in the World Series.
But they're a contender in Washington DC, not in Montreal, where they should be. It reminds me of the Thunder/Sonics situation. I remember the Expos at the height of their popularity. The people of that city were heavily invested in seeing the Expos succeed. The 1994 strike ruined any possibility of the Expos winning in Montreal, and then Loria ruined any possibility of baseball remaining a part of the community, at least for the foreseeable future.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
But they're a contender in Washington DC, not in Montreal, where they should be. It reminds me of the Thunder/Sonics situation. I remember the Expos at the height of their popularity. The people of that city were heavily invested in seeing the Expos succeed. The 1994 strike ruined any possibility of the Expos winning in Montreal, and then Loria ruined any possibility of baseball remaining a part of the community, at least for the foreseeable future.
The Expos were also contending in 2003 and were getting a walk up crowd of about 20,000 - but Selig refused to allow them to expand their rosters to 40 in September. He also opened up only one ticket booth to address those walk up crowds.

Go Sox!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
The Expos were also contending in 2003 and were getting a walk up crowd of about 20,000 - but Selig refused to allow them to expand their rosters to 40 in September. He also opened up only one ticket booth to address those walk up crowds.
Would you expect anything more of a cheapskate from Wisconsin? Selig is an idiot with no common sense and no self-respect.