White Sox Interactive Forums
Talking Baseball

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Talking Baseball
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:55 AM
SCCWS SCCWS is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,161
Default Ryan Sweeney Released by Red Sox

http://blogs.providencejournal.com/s...-the-team.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Chez's Avatar
Chez Chez is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Clarendon Hills
Posts: 4,631
Default

35 minutes since this thread was opened and no one has posted, "I'd rather have "X" than D. Wise?" WSI is off to a slow start this morning! C'mon; Opening Day is Monday!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-30-2013, 10:01 AM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Make it happen, Hahn.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:22 AM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 26,052
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
35 minutes since this thread was opened and no one has posted, "I'd rather have "X" than D. Wise?" WSI is off to a slow start this morning! C'mon; Opening Day is Monday!!
We're holding out for Aaron Rowand.
__________________

All hail The Rick
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-30-2013, 12:55 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
We're holding out for Aaron Rowand.
Rowand? Meh. I'm hoping for Royce Clayton, just so I can amuse myself thinking of how much ice cream he'll be eating this season.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:13 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,804
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
We're holding out for Aaron Rowand.
We wouldn't need any other backup outfielders if we had Rowand. Hell, with Rowand, we wouldn't need any other outfielders, period.
__________________


A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:23 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
We wouldn't need any other backup outfielders if we had Rowand. Hell, with Rowand, we wouldn't need any other outfielders, period.
I'm not sure we'd need anyone if Roward came back. I hear he's learned to throw a slider. Can you imagine what it's gong to be like with him coming out of the bullpen during close games? He's going to give the "Crash" nickname an entirely new meaning.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:24 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 29,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
Rowand? Meh. I'm hoping for Royce Clayton, just so I can amuse myself thinking of how much ice cream he'll be eating this season.
One of my favorite WSI tags:

__________________
Attendance records:
09 : 3-2.
10 : 2-3.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:39 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,804
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
I'm not sure we'd need anyone if Roward came back. I hear he's learned to throw a slider. Can you imagine what it's gong to be like with him coming out of the bullpen during close games? He's going to give the "Crash" nickname an entirely new meaning.
We were talking about this last night at the gathering. Dump made a good point. Rowand could pitch from center field.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:40 PM
getonbckthr getonbckthr is offline
WSI 2013 NFL Pick'em Contest Winner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: I can smell TBK from my front porch
Posts: 13,308
Default

Rowand could join Hawk and Stone until he's needed as a late inning replacement...
__________________

Joe Flacco Super Bowl 47 Champion and MVP
Joe Flacco First Rookie QB to win 2 games in his first playoff.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,804
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by getonbckthr View Post
Rowand could join Hawk and Stone until he's needed as a late inning replacement...
Well, he could replace Hawk and Steve, and then when he's needed, he could cover the game while covering the outfield. It's a win-win!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:18 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Well, he could replace Hawk and Steve, and then when he's needed, he could cover the game while covering the outfield. It's a win-win!


"That ball's hit hard to center field. I'm making the call. I've got the ball, and that'll do it for the Tigers in the seventh inning. We'll be back."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:22 PM
DSpivack DSpivack is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 29,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post


"That ball's hit hard to center field. I'm making the call. I've got the ball, and that'll do it for the Tigers in the seventh inning. We'll be back."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:24 PM
DumpJerry's Avatar
DumpJerry DumpJerry is offline
Tom Feargal Hagen
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The hearts and minds of Sox fans on 10-26-05
Posts: 26,052
Default

You guys are downplaying just how important Aaron Rowand is to the team. Not only can he play all 10 positions (including DH) at the same time while doing the PBP and color on the television, but he can field manage and replace Rick Hahn and Uncle Jerry all at the same time.

Oh yeah, he will also sell beer in the Bleachers.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:34 PM
RKMeibalane RKMeibalane is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Posts: 17,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
You guys are downplaying just how important Aaron Rowand is to the team. Not only can he play all 10 positions (including DH) at the same time while doing the PBP and color on the television, but he can field manage and replace Rick Hahn and Uncle Jerry all at the same time.

Oh yeah, he will also sell beer in the Bleachers.
This I actually believe, as alcohol is the only explanation for the horrendous routes he took to chase down flyballs during his years with the Sox, Phillies, Giants, etc. Everyone remembers him crashing into the wall at Citizens Bank Park in '06. What most people don't realize is that he was in that position because he didn't read the ball off the bat correctly and had to run headlong into the wall to have a chance to catch it.

Edit: ESPN is reporting that Rowand will also serve as the umpiring crew for each White Sox game this season. No word on whether he's allowed to argue balls and strikes with himself.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.