White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2013, 03:15 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrestg View Post
he's our best ss/2b replacement i hope that kid can play.
He's a journeyman AAAA guy who will turn 30 at the end of the season. Nothing but filler.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 1-1.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:47 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
He's organizational depth.

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Old 03-19-2013, 03:52 PM
WSI High Priest

If Connor keeps hitting, we may end up seeing Kepp at 2b, Connor at 3b and Gordon as the Utility, which might be our best option.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:55 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domeshot17 View Post
If Connor keeps hitting, we may end up seeing Kepp at 2b, Connor at 3b and Gordon as the Utility, which might be our best option.
Benching Beckham would seem to doom him to that fate for good. I'd rather see if he can be the player he was, and if not move on next offseason.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
WSI Personality

Default Third Base

If Gillaspie keeps hitting and then starts at third base, Keppinger will move to 2nd base. Beckham will then be traded sometime around Opening Day. The White Sox are not going to pay $2 million dollars to Beckham to ride the bench.

Last edited by Golden Sox; 03-19-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpivack View Post
Benching Beckham would seem to doom him to that fate for good. I'd rather see if he can be the player he was, and if not move on next offseason.
The Sox will have a tough decision to make if Keppinger can't play 3B and Gillaspie immediately starts raking the ball. Keppinger was signed for 3 years at a decent salary and I don't see him being used as a bench player. Not for the years and dollars they have invested in him. Beckham has always been viewed as a starter by the organization but it will be interesting to see if they stick with him if he starts off slow again. The team might have options now at 2B and patience can probably only go so far especially if the team finds itself battling it out with Detroit for the division again. Robin keeps saying that Keppinger will be ready to go on Opening Day so if that is the case, I expect to see him out there at 3B, Beckham at 2B, and Gillaspie on the bench. However, I'm sure Robin will get Conor some playing time considering how light we are in the left handed hitting dept this year.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin
Old 03-19-2013, 04:30 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
I would rotate the three players at the two positions for a while. If anyone gets hot, he stays in the lineup until he cools off.

My guess is that Beckham will be the player with the least consistency and will eventually be relegated to the bench. I like Keppinger better at 2B than at 3B anyway.

(Gordon I hope you're reading this and that you prove me full of ****!)
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Is it wrong to pine for Eduardo Escobar?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:48 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Five Year Plans didn't work for Stalin or the Cubs. Maybe they'll work for Beckham.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:57 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foulke You View Post
The Sox will have a tough decision to make if Keppinger can't play 3B and Gillaspie immediately starts raking the ball. Keppinger was signed for 3 years at a decent salary and I don't see him being used as a bench player. Not for the years and dollars they have invested in him. Beckham has always been viewed as a starter by the organization but it will be interesting to see if they stick with him if he starts off slow again. The team might have options now at 2B and patience can probably only go so far especially if the team finds itself battling it out with Detroit for the division again. Robin keeps saying that Keppinger will be ready to go on Opening Day so if that is the case, I expect to see him out there at 3B, Beckham at 2B, and Gillaspie on the bench. However, I'm sure Robin will get Conor some playing time considering how light we are in the left handed hitting dept this year.
I love Gordon, but he has to be on a short leash right now. He needs to start demonstrating he can hit the ball with consistency or we need to start looking at other options. I will say that I thought towards the end of the year he was hitting the ball with more authority and using all fields more, though the results were not necessarily there.

Go Sox!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:00 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
That's what I was going to hope for, as well, but I'll wait to see if Conor can hit some real pitching first. But that would be a nice solution to a lot of problems.

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Sunday, August 4 - vs. Twins
Old 03-20-2013, 12:24 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Agree.
Plus Keppinger in place of Beckham seriously deteriorates our defense - not a good idea when we will depend on run prevention to win games.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:21 AM
WSI Church Elder

Better now than after an 0-for-April
Old 03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
The White Sox are not going to pay $2 million dollars to Beckham to ride the bench.
$2 million isn't much these days.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Yes.