White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Alright, time to see what all these changes will bring... GO SOX!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Let's not start this argument again. There's no telling what Viciedo will do this year. As a realist, I'm expecting a slight improvement.

My only real concern is if Hahn is penciling such a flawed and increasingly expensive hitter into the 1B/cleanup spot after Paulie leaves, as that would be a huge step down.

Much more concerned about going into the season with 2 rookie catchers than anything Viciedo does at this stage of his career.
As a realist, I'm expecting a player with his approach to show regression.

You can't say "let's not start this argument again" and then say something that you know a lot of people vehemently disagree with.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
As a realist, I'm expecting a player with his approach to show regression.

You can't say "let's not start this argument again" and then say something that you know a lot of people vehemently disagree with.
Munch. You are not a realist in any sense of the word. You are a sensationalist at very best. You have a well displayed agenda against the White Sox and really want people to believe that literally everything will go wrong with them. You pushed your agenda to the point of making up quotes to support your "fact" that Danks would miss at least one month, hours after you were proven wrong when you said he hadn't even thrown yet.

And no, even for the people who are not high on Viciedo, there is not "a lot" of people who vehemently disagree with the premise that he will have at least a slight improvement. Calling for a regression for a 23 year old after his first full big league season might be a new low for you.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Let's not start this argument again. There's no telling what Viciedo will do this year. As a realist, I'm expecting a slight improvement.

My only real concern is if Hahn is penciling such a flawed and increasingly expensive hitter into the 1B/cleanup spot after Paulie leaves, as that would be a huge step down.

Much more concerned about going into the season with 2 rookie catchers than anything Viciedo does at this stage of his career.
I'm not saying Viciedo is the next Jim Thome. I imagine he will hit righties better next year, but he also won't hit .350/.391/.642 off of lefties again.
AL: Jim Landis! I know that, Jim Landis!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

This whole thread reminds me of the heady days when people were advocating trading Paulie so they could let Ross Gload or Brian Daubach play first base.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:03 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Thigpen View Post
This whole thread reminds me of the heady days when people were advocating trading Paulie so they could let Ross Gload or Brian Daubach play first base.
GIDPK!
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1; Orlando Hudson and Alex Rios walkoffs.
14: 1-0; Opening Day 5-3 win vs Twins.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM
WSI Personality

I find RIGHT FIELD much more interesting than LEFT FIELD. Right has a bar while left only has the Fundamentals desk. Beer over other people's children any day.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
WSI Church Elder

We are officially at the point in the calender year when WSI loses it's damn mind until the season starts.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:36 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxNation View Post
Yet, if we played Dwayne Wise vs all RHP and Viciedo vs all LHP here's the production we would have got from a 3M left field.
You'll probably get your wish. And even better, Wise will lead-off when he plays. You can't just sit a player who had a .295 obp in a career year.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullythered View Post
We are officially at the point in the calender year when WSI loses it's damn mind until the season starts.
You're being overly optimistic.