White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #196  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:46 PM
Dibbs Dibbs is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Downers Grove
Posts: 1,894
Default

And what's with all the crazy Danks talk? It is very possible the team will be better without him. Who knows what to expect when he comes back. It won't matter if he does miss a month.
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:47 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
How does "which could mean not breaking camp with the team" become "likely to miss the first month"?

Obviously you didn't excel at reading comprehension in school.
Because the team admits EVEN IF HE IS HEALTHY he's probably not breaking camp with them. So the best case scenario is 15 days. BEST CASE. As in, not the most likely case. Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:48 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dibbs View Post
And what's with all the crazy Danks talk? It is very possible the team will be better without him. Who knows what to expect when he comes back. It won't matter if he does miss a month.
Well, it's hard to say we wouldn't be better with a 100% healthy Danks. He's a hell of a pitcher.
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:49 PM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Because the team admits EVEN IF HE IS HEALTHY he's probably not breaking camp with them. So the best case scenario is 15 days. BEST CASE. As in, not the most likely case. Jesus.
There is no mention of probably not breaking camp with the team. And no best case 15 days. You need to learn how to read.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
There is no mention of probably not breaking camp with the team. And no best case 15 days. You need to learn how to read.
I read just fine, thanks. I'm pretty sure I know what the statement meant. And what the disabled list rules are. But thank you for your concern. It is unwarranted.
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
dickallen15 dickallen15 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5,903
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I read just fine, thanks. I'm pretty sure I know what the statement meant. And what the disabled list rules are. But thank you for your concern. It is unwarranted.
You must be trolling. You're wrong. Everyone knows it.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:52 PM
Nellie_Fox's Avatar
Nellie_Fox Nellie_Fox is offline
Official Professor
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Mankato, MN
Posts: 16,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Because the team admits EVEN IF HE IS HEALTHY he's probably not breaking camp with them. So the best case scenario is 15 days. BEST CASE. As in, not the most likely case. Jesus.
"Could mean" =/= "probably"
__________________

"Nellie Fox, that little son of a gun, was always on base and was a great hit-and-run man. He sprayed hits all over."
Yogi Berra in the New York Sunday News (July 12, 1970)
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:54 PM
doublem23's Avatar
doublem23 doublem23 is offline
MMXXIII
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Roscoe Village
Posts: 53,777
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Because the team admits EVEN IF HE IS HEALTHY he's probably not breaking camp with them. So the best case scenario is 15 days. BEST CASE. As in, not the most likely case. Jesus.
Dude. Just give it up. This is painful to watch.
__________________
2014 Obligatory Attendance & Record Tracker

0-4

LAST GAME: May 31 - Padres 4, Sox 2
NEXT GAME: Sunday, August 4 - vs. Twins
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:58 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
You must be trolling. You're wrong. Everyone knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellie_Fox View Post
"Could mean" =/= "probably"
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Dude. Just give it up. This is painful to watch.
Yeah, they wrote it for hypothetical purposes.

I'm willing take any bets about Danks making his first turn in the rotation. Takers?
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 02-14-2013, 02:59 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,700
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Dude. Just give it up. This is painful to watch.
I know, right? Yikes...
__________________


A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 PM
spawn's Avatar
spawn spawn is offline
Everybody's All-American
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: My Mother's Basement, Plainfield,Il.
Posts: 11,700
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Yeah, they wrote it for hypothetical purposes.

I'm willing take any bets about Danks making his first turn in the rotation. Takers?
No one here has stated definitively that Danks will be in the rotation when the season starts. You, on the other hand, are the only one here stating definitively that he won't. This includes media outlets, the coaching staff, pretty much everyone involved in the situation. I mean, you are the one stating he hasn't' begun throwing off of a mound to back your position, even though two links and a few tweets have stated otherwise..
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:02 PM
MUsoxfan MUsoxfan is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 9,886
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
No one here has stated definitively that Danks will be in the rotation when the season starts. You, on the other hand, are the only one here stating definitively that he won't. This includes media outlets, the coaching staff, pretty much everyone involved in the situation.
He only deals in absolutes
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
blandman blandman is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
No one here has stated definitively that Danks will be in the rotation when the season starts. You, on the other hand, are the only one here stating definitively that he won't. This includes media outlets, the coaching staff, pretty much everyone involved in the situation.
You're right in that there is no timetable. Plenty have said it could be longer. When the official team page mentions it, it gives it a pretty significanct amount of credence.

I'm taking exception to someone calling me a liar because I raised the possibility. Because it is pretty likely. And it's not coming from no where. And calling me a liar for it is a personal attack.
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Nellie_Fox's Avatar
Nellie_Fox Nellie_Fox is offline
Official Professor
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: North Mankato, MN
Posts: 16,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Yeah, they wrote it for hypothetical purposes.
They said "could mean." You changed it to "probably." Those are very different, i.e., "It's getting cloudy, that could mean rain" is not the same as "it's getting cloudy, it will probably rain." "Could be" acknowledges a possibility. "Probably" means more likely than not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
I'm willing take any bets about Danks making his first turn in the rotation. Takers?
Yet another new argument. Missing the first turn is not the same as missing the first month.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 02-14-2013, 03:04 PM
kittle42 kittle42 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lakeview
Posts: 18,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
"The White Sox will be very careful to ensure Danks stays strong throughout the season, which could mean not breaking camp with the team even if he's ready"

From the White Sox OFFICIAL SITE.

From a link in this ****ING thread.

The MINIMUM if he doesn't break camp with the team to start the season, since he'd have to be DL'd, is 15 games. A month is not a ****ING STRETCH. To call me a liar for saying it's likely he'll miss about a month is ****ING PREPOSTEROUS AND NOTHING BUT ****ING PERSONAL BULL****.
That's from two days ago. 2/12/2013 6:50 P.M. ET, to be precise. He threw off a mound today. Hey, if there's a news story out there that says "John Danks may not be able to throw off a mound for 2 months" from a week ago, and he threw off a mound today, which is true?

It's not personal. You just won't admit you are currently incorrect, which seems to be frustrating people/logic.
__________________
Ridiculousness across all sports:

(1) "You have no valid opinion because you never played the game."
(2) "Stats are irrelevant. This guy just doesn't know how to win."
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:51 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.