White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
I have no problem thinking for myself. I'm just not stupid enough to state my opinions as facts and absolutes.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post
Ah I see. So when someone says something obviously wrong, I'm not suppose to link to articles because being right makes me look like an expert.

Got it.
Jim Bowden's opinion doesn't make you right. Link Miguel Cabrera hoisting the WS trophy next October and you will get your credit. If not, you couldn't have been more wrong. Again.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
Jim Bowden's opinion doesn't make you right. Link Miguel Cabrera hoisting the WS trophy next October and you will get your credit. If not, you couldn't have been more wrong. Again.
We aren't even talking about the WS, we're talking about the division. The playoffs are a crap-shoot. The best team almost never wins. But if you wanna make a bet on the division this year, I'm all ears.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
We aren't even talking about the WS, we're talking about the division. The playoffs are a crap-shoot. The best team almost never wins. But if you wanna make a bet on the division this year, I'm all ears.

How about paying on our bet? The one you stated, as an absolute, that Ozzie would be back to manage the Sox in 2012.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Soprano View Post
How about paying on our bet? The one you stated, as an absolute, that Ozzie would be back to manage the Sox in 2012.

Still waiting on what my sig's supposed to say!

(you are the envy of WSI, make it count)
Old 02-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Considering Danks likely won't be ready for that first month too, I wouldn't doubt a really bad start.
Could you provide the link that says this? Or are you simply making this up?
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM
WSI Personality

At this time of year, every team has many fans who see their team vastly improved going into spring training. Then you have the fans who are impressed with the spring training results and see their team vastly improved. Then there is always the team who takes off and has an impressive April and some segment of their fans think this is the year.
But luckily baseball is a marathon and almost every team will have several peaks and valleys from beginning to end. Key injuries will change the fate of some teams along the way as well.
A year ago the White Sox had a lot of question marks, injury concerns going in and a manager who had no managerial experience. But they certainly made it interesting. This year's roster may be a little better, the manager has expereince and the division is probably better.
There are still going to be the fans that see this as a pennant year and the fans who see doom and gloom before a game is played. Relax and enjoy.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Could you provide the link that says this? Or are you simply making this up?
Could you provide a link to an article that DOESN'T say he's likely to be held back?

I'm confused, are you writing this because you simply do not know/don't read articles on the subject, or because you are trying to "get" me.

Quit with the personal garbage. Danks could be ready on time. I didn't discount that. But even our local papers metion he's likely to be held back after the team breaks camp. Hell, the Sun-Times article said that this VERY WEEK.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Could you provide a link to an article that DOESN'T say he's likely to be held back?
Nobody of any authority has set down any definitive timetable for Danks' return.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:

I'm confused, are you writing this because you simply do not know/don't read articles on the subject, or because you are trying to "get" me.

Quit with the personal garbage. Danks could be ready on time. I didn't discount that. But even our local papers metion he's likely to be held back after the team breaks camp. Hell, the Sun-Times article said that this VERY WEEK.
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/whit...-on-time-start

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...77770&c_id=cws

Danks and the team seem to think he is doing well. The team indicates he could be held back, but nothing in there about a month. Your "likely won't be ready for the first month" is just made up doom and gloom.

Last edited by dickallen15; 02-13-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:43 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
Nobody of any authority has set down any definitive timetable for Danks' return.
On top of this munch, you're the one stating he likely won't be ready the first month, so the onus is on you to provide the proof. After all, you said this in the Bulls thread about Derrick Rose:

Quote:
If it isn't based on anything, there's no need to say it. It causes confusion. That's how bad rumors start. People baselessly saying late February is exactly why so many people baselessly believe he'll be back in late February.
Isn't this exactly what you're doing here with regards to Danks?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
On top of this munch, you're the one stating he likely won't be ready the first month, so the onus is on you to provide the proof. After all, you said this in the Bulls thread about Derrick Rose:

Isn't this exactly what you're doing here with regards to Danks?
There isn't anything that says his return timetable isn't in question as regards to the beginning of the year, so absolutely not. That Danks SHOULD be there opening day is the questionable statement, the only mention of it is Danks himself being optimistic in reaction to the team's timetable.

And FWIW, Danks isn't even doing normal throwing, let alone normal spring training stuff right now. So to think he'll be ready opening day is pretty optimistic by any stretch of the imagination.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
There isn't anything that says his return timetable isn't in question as regards to the beginning of the year, so absolutely not. That Danks SHOULD be there opening day is the questionable statement, the only mention of it is Danks himself being optimistic in reaction to the team's timetable.
There isn't anything except your posts saying he is "likely to miss the first month". For a guy who asks for links, why not come up with one?
Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/whit...-on-time-start

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...77770&c_id=cws

Danks and the team seem to think he is doing well. The team indicates he could be held back, but nothing in there about a month. Your "likely won't be ready for the first month" is just made up doom and gloom.
I like how I basically just paraphrased what Coop said and you completely ignored that. I'm done with this personal crap. I'm being attacked just to be attacked. Go troll someone else, I'm out of the thread.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I like how I basically just paraphrased what Coop said and you completely ignored that. I'm done with this personal crap. I'm being attacked just to be attacked. Go troll someone else, I'm out of the thread.
Good. You said likely to miss the first month. Cooper said nothing of the sort. I'm not trolling and you are not being attacked. You are being called out.