White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 11:48 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default Got a call from Bill Melton

Yes, I'm serious. The ticket rep I worked with on my 14-game package called this morning, then just put Bill Melton on the line to talk for a couple of minutes. And it wasn't just to say thanks, gotta run, bye. He was asking why I bought the games I did, plans for the season, etc.

Really pleased with this new push on season ticket sales and how the Sox are treating us. Hopefully the established season ticket holders are not getting ignored at our expense.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:56 AM
Winner 2014 WSI PTC Contest

How cool is that!

The White Sox tweeted that Melton, Addison Reed and Daryl Boston are calling season ticket holders today.

Chicago White Sox ‏@whitesox #AddisonReed #BillMelton & #DarylBoston are making phone calls 2 season tix holders in the #WhiteSox front office 2day! pic.twitter.com/ovHs38Ot
Old 01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
Yes, I'm serious. The ticket rep I worked with on my 14-game package called this morning, then just put Bill Melton on the line to talk for a couple of minutes. And it wasn't just to say thanks, gotta run, bye. He was asking why I bought the games I did, plans for the season, etc.

Really pleased with this new push on season ticket sales and how the Sox are treating us. Hopefully the established season ticket holders are not getting ignored at our expense.
Pretty cool you got that phone call, I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years, and have not received any of the pre soxfest season ticket holder phone calls.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
WSI Regular

I have been a season ticketholder since 1991 and I have heard of players and coaches calling STH's and I never received a call. Today I was out to lunch and received two calls from the same number about a minute apart but didn't want to interupt the people I was with. Checked voicemail after lunch and it was a nice message from Bobby Thigpen thanking me for being a STH for many years. Just for kicks I thought I would try to call the number back and it was the office of the guy who handles the premium seating (Rob) - Bobby had used his office for an hour to call STH's.

Wish I would have picked up the call. Would have loved to have chatted about the 1990 season, one of my favorites.

I will have to put a reminder on the calendar for the year 2034.