White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtGrnwdSoxFan View Post
Spawn, the blandman slayer.

We all know bland is going to keep his shtick up, so it's pointless to argue with him. I'll just keep my expectations at a medium, and hope for the best. Who saw the Giants winning the Series this year?

It's baseball. Anything can happen.
Yeah. Someone thinking the White Sox roster is substantially subpar has got to be a shtick. Forget the fact that this team fell short, lost key players, and watched the competition improve. We got this. FAITH.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
It would be a miracle.
No, you only have to have faith. Then it'll happen.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blandman View Post

Everything going right involves Dayan hitting 40 homers but he'll still hit .210 with a .220 OBP.
Wait, if he hits 15 more homers, his batting average will drop 50 points and his OBP will drop 100 points from his career averages? And that's everything going right?
Old 01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullythered View Post
Wait, if he hits 15 more homers, his batting average will drop 50 points and his OBP will drop 100 points from his career averages? And that's everything going right?
Drop his first half, before the league figured out the guy has no strike zone judgement.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Drop his first half, before the league figured out the guy has no strike zone judgement.
You are aware that in the second half Dayan had a higher batting average, OBP, and slugging percentage, correct?

I will however agree (though I haven't read through the whole thread) that on paper the Tigers are vastly superior to the White Sox.

Go Sox!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
At least you won't have to waste time this summer on the White Sox considering the season is already over. Maybe you can spend that extra time brushing up on your basketball acumen.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Only problem was Viciedo's second half was better than his first and that included May where he hit north of 350.

Baseless, pigheaded statements.

Last edited by SoxNation05; 01-23-2013 at 06:57 PM. Reason: I see WS5187 beat me!
Old 01-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Only problem was Viciedo's second half was better than his first and that included May where he hit north of 350.

Baseless, pigheaded statements.
Regrettable, I forgot his ridiculous September against callups. My bad. Brent Morel syndrome. He's still not the player you're making him out to be, and will be out of the league in a few years.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Regrettable, I forgot his ridiculous September against callups. My bad. Brent Morel syndrome. He's still not the player you're making him out to be, and will be out of the league in a few years.
Actually, I have not made any claims of what he will be. Just as you have done with Spawn, you are putting words into my mouth. Throughout this thread and the original thread you have just thrown around your pessimistic, baseless opinions and watched several members make a mockery of you. Get a clue?

Thank you for informing of his future though. I will be sure to trade/drop him and Derrick Rose from dynasty fantasy teams.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:15 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
You mean his stats in September when the team was heading down the stretch in a tight divisional race with lots of pressure? Those stats?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxNation05 View Post
Actually, I have not made any claims of what he will be. Just as you have done with Spawn, you are putting words into my mouth. Throughout this thread and the original thread you have just thrown around your pessimistic, baseless opinions and watched several members make a mockery of you. Get a clue?

Thank you for informing of his future though. I will be sure to trade/drop him and Derrick Rose from dynasty fantasy teams.
You can't attack an argument as pigheaded and then not expect the assumption is you are in disagreement with the statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
You mean his stats in September when the team was heading down the stretch in a tight divisional race with lots of pressure? Those stats?
Nope. I mean the six homers he hit off rookie pitchers before and after we fell apart.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:26 PM
WSI Prelate

By the way IF we are still discussing the potential outlook for the 2013 White Sox here is Jeff Passan's view:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/no--18-...215701921.html

and a rebuttal:
http://southsideshowdown.com/2013/01...sans-analysis/

I agree with Passan's general point that we are in "Backloaded Contract Hell," and probably over achieved last year and maybe due for a regression. I think he underestimates our pitching though, I think the rotation and bullpen will keep us at worst mediocre and maybe even allow us to hang around a bit and surprise some people.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtGrnwdSoxFan View Post
Spawn, the blandman slayer.

We all know bland is going to keep his shtick up, so it's pointless to argue with him. I'll just keep my expectations at a medium, and hope for the best. Who saw the Giants winning the Series this year?

It's baseball. Anything can happen.
LOL...yeah, I'm pretty much done with him and this argument. I think I've made my point. And yes, no one saw the Giants coming. And very few thought the Sox would be contenders last year. I guess that's why games aren't played on paper!

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives- Jackie Robinson

www.twitter.com/Spawn_03
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Nope. I mean the six homers he hit off rookie pitchers before and after we fell apart.
Dayan hit homers off of Bruce Chen, Scott Diamond, Corey Kluber, Scott Maine, Chris Perez, and Vinne Pestano. NONE of them are rookies (though Kluber and Maine are gas cans). Bruce Chen was the best pitcher on the Royals last year (which isn't saying much) and consistently beat the White Sox, Scott Diamond had a 3.54 ERA, Chris Perez had a 3.57 ERA and 39 saves this year, and Pestano had a 2.57 ERA in 70 innings. That's not exactly AAA filler.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Everybody's All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSox5187 View Post
I will however agree (though I haven't read through the whole thread) that on paper the Tigers are vastly superior to the White Sox.
I don't think anyone disagrees with this, but to say it as an absloute that it will happen and that it is an absolute that the Sox will tank is...well...