White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 AM
WSI Personality

Default Obscure Sox Obits

At this time of year, I am desperate for any Sox related news. This leads me to scouring the obits in Baseball America for any familiar names from my youth. The latest issue featured two names of (limited) interest.

1) Joe Ginsberg. He played 34 games as a backup catcher for the Sox in the early 60's. His big league career spanned 13 years, and he's one of a handful of Jewish players to don the Sox uniform.

2) Jim Kremmel. We traded Dennis O'Toole (Jim's brother) to get him. He never played for the Sox, but was the PTBNL in the deal that netted us HOF second baseman Ron Santo.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:24 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilburaga View Post
At this time of year, I am desperate for any Sox related news. This leads me to scouring the obits in Baseball America for any familiar names from my youth. The latest issue featured two names of (limited) interest.

1) Joe Ginsberg. He played 34 games as a backup catcher for the Sox in the early 60's. His big league career spanned 13 years, and he's one of a handful of Jewish players to don the Sox uniform.

2) Jim Kremmel. We traded Dennis O'Toole (Jim's brother) to get him. He never played for the Sox, but was the PTBNL in the deal that netted us HOF second baseman Ron Santo.
Fred Talbot, who pitched for the Sox in the 60's, died the other day.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 AM
New At WSI

Jim Stewart came up with the Cubs, played for the White Sox during the 1967 A.L. pennant race. Later played with the Reds; passed away in November 2012.