White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #346  
Old 12-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,379
Default

Am here in Phoenix (ISU plays Arizona State on the 30th) and am having lunch with a member of the Diamondbacks front office on Friday.

Will ask about the Sox/Arizona rumors and will see what I can come up with.

Lip
  #347  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 PM
WhiteSoxNation WhiteSoxNation is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: S.S. Chicago
Posts: 142
Default

All this Kubel talk......Here what I would be pushing if I were GM...

1. Dunn to TOR for Rasmus & Nolin (LHP) (Frres up ~12M)

2. Rios & Floyd to TEX for Gallo (3B) and Murphy (Frees up ~25M)
OR
Floyd & Thornton to ARZ for J. Upton (Frees up ~15M)
__________________
"C'mon Timo!"
World series Champs 99-63 (11-1) GO GO White Sox
  #348  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 PM
BoKnowsBest BoKnowsBest is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 304
Default

None of those trades make sense for the other side, especially the AZ trade.
  #349  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Lip Man 1 Lip Man 1 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Chubbuck, Idaho
Posts: 26,379
Default

The person that I had lunch with today said they haven't heard anything specific vis a vis with the White Sox but they thought it was unlikely the D-backs would deal Upton. You never say never if the deal is overwhelming but they said outside of that case Arizona didn't expect to trade him.

Lip
  #350  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:03 AM
moochpuppy moochpuppy is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida
Posts: 2,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSoxNation View Post
2. Rios & Floyd to TEX for Gallo (3B) and Murphy (Frees up ~25M)
Texas has said they want another OF bat and SP.
__________________
Tradition rich:
http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/2839/weaverfa8.gif
  #351  
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM
WhiteSoxNation WhiteSoxNation is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: S.S. Chicago
Posts: 142
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moochpuppy View Post
Texas has said they want another OF bat and SP.

Exactly, and the have Ott for 3B prospect so Gallo is expendable. Move Murphy to the Sox to add that RF/DH LHB

Perfect trade....
  #352  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:49 PM
soltrain21 soltrain21 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 14,238
Default

This offseason is boring. Can someone make the Sox do something?

Thanks.
  #353  
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 PM
WLL1855 WLL1855 is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Peoria, IL
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
This offseason is boring. Can someone make the Sox do something?

Thanks.
You may regret your wish.
  #354  
Old 01-08-2013, 08:07 PM
DirtySox DirtySox is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Albany Park
Posts: 11,154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soltrain21 View Post
This offseason is boring. Can someone make the Sox do something?

Thanks.
I'm hoping they make some moves to better position themselves for the coming years. Getting younger and bolstering the farm a bit more would be ideal.
  #355  
Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Tragg Tragg is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Gonzales LA
Posts: 12,960
Blog Entries: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySox View Post
I'm hoping they make some moves to better position themselves for the coming years. Getting younger and bolstering the farm a bit more would be ideal.
Agree
We're going to be decent this year because of pitching. But no better than decent. If we can move Rios/Floyd or whomever for some young talent, do it.
  #356  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:14 PM
LITTLE NELL LITTLE NELL is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sebring Florida
Posts: 7,907
Post

Chicago is a big market, the White Sox play in Chicago, a big market team should never be in a rebuilding mode.
The trouble is that JR and company have for the most part down through the years run the team more like the Royals than the Yankees, Dodgers or Red Sox.
In over 30 years of ownership how many super star free agents have they signed? How many big market teams would have let Buerhle walk?
This mindset has led to teams that once in awhile win the division and one year caught lightning in a bottle. I'm getting old, I'd like to see us in the WS a couple more times.
__________________
Coming up to bat for our White Sox is the Mighty Mite, Nelson Fox.
  #357  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Noneck Noneck is offline
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nw Side
Posts: 7,274
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragg View Post
Agree
We're going to be decent this year because of pitching. But no better than decent. If we can move Rios/Floyd or whomever for some young talent, do it.
This team is currently on the cusp of being less than decent, trading a starting pitcher or their best position player from last year for minor league talent would accomplish that. This team is caught between a rock and a hard place. They have very little minor league talent to trade for talent that can help now, didnt go after quality free agents and dont want to rebuild. I cant think of a solution now for this year and I dont think they can either.
  #358  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:26 PM
palehozenychicty palehozenychicty is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 6,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
This team is currently on the cusp of being less than decent, trading a starting pitcher or their best position player from last year for minor league talent would accomplish that. This team is caught between a rock and a hard place. They have very little minor league talent to trade for talent that can help now, didnt go after quality free agents and dont want to rebuild. I cant think of a solution now for this year and I dont think they can either.
This is how the team has always been under Reinsdorf. Their strategy stays unclear and in between. It's not going to change that much now. We just have to hope for the best.
__________________
  #359  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM
SCCWS SCCWS is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
Chicago is a big market, the White Sox play in Chicago, a big market team should never be in a rebuilding mode.
The trouble is that JR and company have for the most part down through the years run the team more like the Royals than the Yankees, Dodgers or Red Sox.
In over 30 years of ownership how many super star free agents have they signed? How many big market teams would have let Buerhle walk?
This mindset has led to teams that once in awhile win the division and one year caught lightning in a bottle. I'm getting old, I'd like to see us in the WS a couple more times.
Nell: What constitutes a big market team? If it is attendance, The White Sox are not. Even in 2005, they were not in the top 10. Chicago is a big market but having 2 teams splits the pie too small for the White Sox.

Big market teams may let a Buehrle walk but would sign another big name to replace him.
  #360  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 PM
TheVulture TheVulture is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehozenychicty View Post
This is how the team has always been under Reinsdorf. Their strategy stays unclear and in between. It's not going to change that much now. We just have to hope for the best.
I don't know, it seems their strategy roster wise has been fairly clear the last ten years. Pitching first. That was reinforced this off season when the Sox did in fact sign one of the league's top free agents, Jake Peavy, and picked up Floyd's option.

Sure it stinks we have Dunn in the lineup and seem to be lacking hitters. I'd rather lack hitting than pitching. If you lack hitting you still have a chance, if you lack pitching you have no chance. The Sox pitching in 2013 could turn out to be very good.
__________________
A bad idea is better than no idea at all- Hawk
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.