White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Default New BP Caps

According to Uni Watch, everybody is getting new BP hats this year. See pictures at http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...-practice-caps. Lots of teams are going with retro or alternate logos, or different primary colors, but ours is actually one of the most traditional looking ones.

Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 AM
WSI Church Elder

Love the Mr. Met one the Mets are using. This one looks like everyones favorite. The black with the silver brim. I just hope they are able to lay flat on your head and don't have that "box" look that the New Eras tend to have.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
WSI Regular

Not bad. . but would have been a great opportunity to utilize the Flying Sock logo!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosoxfan View Post
Not bad. . but would have been a great opportunity to utilize the Flying Sock logo!!!
Flying sock or diamond sock?

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM
WSI Prelate

I am glad we went back to the hats we wore from like 1999-2005, but I can't stand the other hats using their secondary logos.

Go Sox!!!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
WSI Church Elder

Would have liked to have seen the diamond sock logo. There, I said it.

It's fine. Predictable, but fine.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
WSI Church Elder

I want to know why the team has started to take that sock logo out of rotation....

They took it off the road unis and had an opportunity to throw it on a cap and didn't...
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
WSI Personality

Look good. I'll purchase if they are 39THIRTY.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

I've been a BIG fan of the BP caps since they started with the stretch fit material back in 2003. They tend to fit my enormous noggin alot better than the authentic 5950 collection.

I have to say that I LOVE these new designs. The last couple BP designs have been God-awful with the ear fenders and then the misplaced piping on the bills and backs of the caps.

But these are simply fantastic. I love the retro designs with the contrasting crowns on a lot of them and the use of some of the alternate logos (Mr Met, Mr Redleg, and the A's elephant in particular). The caps themselves are more traditional and conservative which is a step in the right direction.

It's hard to tell from the pics but I hope they still use the stretch fit material. The crowns look a little bigger and the bills look flatter. I sure hope that doesn't mean they're going to be like the tall "mushroom style" of the authentic 5950s.

I'm also really happy that the Sox are going back to the silver bill and button.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome25 View Post
I've been a BIG fan of the BP caps since they started with the stretch fit material back in 2003. They tend to fit my enormous noggin alot better than the authentic 5950 collection.

I have to say that I LOVE these new designs. The last couple BP designs have been God-awful with the ear fenders and then the misplaced piping on the bills and backs of the caps.

But these are simply fantastic. I love the retro designs with the contrasting crowns on a lot of them and the use of some of the alternate logos (Mr Met, Mr Redleg, and the A's elephant in particular). The caps themselves are more traditional and conservative which is a step in the right direction.

It's hard to tell from the pics but I hope they still use the stretch fit material. The crowns look a little bigger and the bills look flatter. I sure hope that doesn't mean they're going to be like the tall "mushroom style" of the authentic 5950s.

I'm also really happy that the Sox are going back to the silver bill and button.
I agree. If they maintain the 39Thirty material these should rock. I don't think the flat renderings shown on the website really display the form of the cap.

Most of the new caps are an improvement, however I wish Toronto would have maintained the modernized Blue Jay head with a red bill. I might go out and get one of their current BP caps before they disappear.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM
WSI Guru

Lids.com is having a sale today. The old caps are $10. You can have them shipped to a lids store for free pickup.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
I agree. If they maintain the 39Thirty material these should rock. I don't think the flat renderings shown on the website really display the form of the cap.

Most of the new caps are an improvement, however I wish Toronto would have maintained the modernized Blue Jay head with a red bill. I might go out and get one of their current BP caps before they disappear.
Even though i'm a White Sox fan first, whenever I find a cap style that I really like (such as the BP caps) I usually get all of the ones I think look nice.

I picked up the Blue Jays BP cap from last season when MLB was having it's $10 clearance sale.

Per Brian26's message above, It looks like Lids.com is clearing out their inventory of batting practice caps for $10 today.

I'd jump on that ASAP if I was you.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM
WSI Personality

Anyone know when these go on sale? I assume around spring training?
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFeelsRight View Post
Anyone know when these go on sale? I assume around spring training?
Most likely within the next month or so.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
WSI Church Elder

That silver brim is brutal. Woof.