White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-27-2012, 07:02 AM
anewman35 anewman35 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Buffalo Grove, IL
Posts: 2,637
Default New BP Caps

According to Uni Watch, everybody is getting new BP hats this year. See pictures at http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fan...-practice-caps. Lots of teams are going with retro or alternate logos, or different primary colors, but ours is actually one of the most traditional looking ones.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-27-2012, 07:58 AM
beasly213 beasly213 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Orland Park
Posts: 4,189
Default

Love the Mr. Met one the Mets are using. This one looks like everyones favorite. The black with the silver brim. I just hope they are able to lay flat on your head and don't have that "box" look that the New Eras tend to have.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-27-2012, 09:39 AM
ohiosoxfan ohiosoxfan is offline
WSI Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 247
Post

Not bad. . but would have been a great opportunity to utilize the Flying Sock logo!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
SephClone89 SephClone89 is offline
WSI High Priest
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 5,961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosoxfan View Post
Not bad. . but would have been a great opportunity to utilize the Flying Sock logo!!!
Flying sock or diamond sock?
__________________
Attendance Records

2014: 4-8 plus Fenway and HOF weekend
2013: 4-6 plus St. Louis and Milwaukee
2012: 7-4
2011: 6-4 plus NYC parks and Minnesota
2010: 5-6
2009: 2-4 plus Pittsburgh

"Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled."
--David Foster Wallace, () "Roger Federer as Religious Experience"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-27-2012, 12:39 PM
WhiteSox5187 WhiteSox5187 is offline
WSI Prelate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southside
Posts: 14,343
Default

I am glad we went back to the hats we wore from like 1999-2005, but I can't stand the other hats using their secondary logos.
__________________

Go Sox!!!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Max Power Max Power is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Evanston
Posts: 1,622
Default

Would have liked to have seen the diamond sock logo. There, I said it.

It's fine. Predictable, but fine.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-27-2012, 02:02 PM
esbrechtel esbrechtel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Western Suburbs
Posts: 4,650
Default

I want to know why the team has started to take that sock logo out of rotation....

They took it off the road unis and had an opportunity to throw it on a cap and didn't...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
MARTINMVP MARTINMVP is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago southwest suburbs
Posts: 821
Default

Look good. I'll purchase if they are 39THIRTY.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 AM
Thome25 Thome25 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 4,149
Default

I've been a BIG fan of the BP caps since they started with the stretch fit material back in 2003. They tend to fit my enormous noggin alot better than the authentic 5950 collection.

I have to say that I LOVE these new designs. The last couple BP designs have been God-awful with the ear fenders and then the misplaced piping on the bills and backs of the caps.

But these are simply fantastic. I love the retro designs with the contrasting crowns on a lot of them and the use of some of the alternate logos (Mr Met, Mr Redleg, and the A's elephant in particular). The caps themselves are more traditional and conservative which is a step in the right direction.

It's hard to tell from the pics but I hope they still use the stretch fit material. The crowns look a little bigger and the bills look flatter. I sure hope that doesn't mean they're going to be like the tall "mushroom style" of the authentic 5950s.

I'm also really happy that the Sox are going back to the silver bill and button.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM
Red Barchetta Red Barchetta is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thome25 View Post
I've been a BIG fan of the BP caps since they started with the stretch fit material back in 2003. They tend to fit my enormous noggin alot better than the authentic 5950 collection.

I have to say that I LOVE these new designs. The last couple BP designs have been God-awful with the ear fenders and then the misplaced piping on the bills and backs of the caps.

But these are simply fantastic. I love the retro designs with the contrasting crowns on a lot of them and the use of some of the alternate logos (Mr Met, Mr Redleg, and the A's elephant in particular). The caps themselves are more traditional and conservative which is a step in the right direction.

It's hard to tell from the pics but I hope they still use the stretch fit material. The crowns look a little bigger and the bills look flatter. I sure hope that doesn't mean they're going to be like the tall "mushroom style" of the authentic 5950s.

I'm also really happy that the Sox are going back to the silver bill and button.
I agree. If they maintain the 39Thirty material these should rock. I don't think the flat renderings shown on the website really display the form of the cap.

Most of the new caps are an improvement, however I wish Toronto would have maintained the modernized Blue Jay head with a red bill. I might go out and get one of their current BP caps before they disappear.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:34 AM
Brian26's Avatar
Brian26 Brian26 is offline
WSI Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Chicago
Posts: 29,392
Blog Entries: 52
Default

Lids.com is having a sale today. The old caps are $10. You can have them shipped to a lids store for free pickup.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Thome25 Thome25 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 4,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Barchetta View Post
I agree. If they maintain the 39Thirty material these should rock. I don't think the flat renderings shown on the website really display the form of the cap.

Most of the new caps are an improvement, however I wish Toronto would have maintained the modernized Blue Jay head with a red bill. I might go out and get one of their current BP caps before they disappear.
Even though i'm a White Sox fan first, whenever I find a cap style that I really like (such as the BP caps) I usually get all of the ones I think look nice.

I picked up the Blue Jays BP cap from last season when MLB was having it's $10 clearance sale.

Per Brian26's message above, It looks like Lids.com is clearing out their inventory of batting practice caps for $10 today.

I'd jump on that ASAP if I was you.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM
DaveFeelsRight DaveFeelsRight is offline
WSI Personality
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 60638, Midway
Posts: 800
Default

Anyone know when these go on sale? I assume around spring training?
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Magemasher/GOSOX.jpg?t=1222227572
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Thome25 Thome25 is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Elkton, Maryland
Posts: 4,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFeelsRight View Post
Anyone know when these go on sale? I assume around spring training?
Most likely within the next month or so.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
amsteel amsteel is offline
WSI Church Elder
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 4,228
Default

That silver brim is brutal. Woof.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 PM.




Design by: Michelle

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site-specific editorial/photos Copyright ©2001 - 2008 White Sox Interactive. All rights reserved.