White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:49 AM
WSI Personality

Default New Trade?

Rumor has it the Dodgers want to trade Andre Ethier. He would look good in a White Sox uniform. Maybe Floyd for Ethier? Then perhaps we can move Dunn to anybody who wants him. Wouldn't the White Sox have a better all around team with Ethier rather than Dunn?
Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorStSox View Post
I don't think pitch recognition is Viciedo's problem. He sees the ball well. His problem, like Vlad and Soriano, is that he has such a big hitting zone he tries to hit everything. As he matures and relaxes at the plate, he'll learn that just because you are capable of driving a certain pitch doesn't mean you should swing at it.
True, but what's worse is his lack of plate patience, which may not be so easily curable, considering how a similar free swinger in Alexei hasn't progressed with age. When you go 0-2 and 1-2 on nearly every at-bat, you put yourself at a considerable disadvantage.

This is why his average likely won't go over .260 and he's a sure thing for 150+ K's.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Rumor has it the Dodgers want to trade Andre Ethier. He would look good in a White Sox uniform. Maybe Floyd for Ethier? Then perhaps we can move Dunn to anybody who wants him. Wouldn't the White Sox have a better all around team with Ethier rather than Dunn?
That would be great, but IMO, there's no room for him until Konerko or Dunn leaves.

We're stuck with Dunn until the summer of '14 before he hits FA. Nobody will take a chance on him for a year and a half, unless we take an equally awful contract in return.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Sox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
That would be great, but IMO, there's no room for him until Konerko or Dunn leaves.

We're stuck with Dunn until the summer of '14 before he hits FA. Nobody will take a chance on him for a year and a half, unless we take an equally awful contract in return.
Ethier has an ugly contract, and apparently the earlier reports are false anyway.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:02 AM
The Blind Squirrel that finally found an acorn.

The Sox may be a better team with Ethier than Dunn but not with losing Floyd also. Many here want to trade Floyd, I dont at this stage. Sale, Peavy, Danks (if he is well) and Floyd is a decent starting staff. Quintana or Santiago could fill it out but counting on both would not be a smart move.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:10 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
True, but what's worse is his lack of plate patience, which may not be so easily curable, considering how a similar free swinger in Alexei hasn't progressed with age. When you go 0-2 and 1-2 on nearly every at-bat, you put yourself at a considerable disadvantage.

This is why his average likely won't go over .260 and he's a sure thing for 150+ K's.
They have completely different histories. Ramirez was older when he got here. Viciedo has improved his walk rate every year in the minors. They are both Cuban though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 12-18-2012, 05:00 PM
WSI Personality

Indians just designated Russ Canzler for assignment. Any takers?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Considering he only struck out 120 times last season and has a .263 career batting average, I'd have to say your analysis might be flawed.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:49 PM
WSI Church Elder

So much conjecture. I would guess that there are about 29 other teams in Major League Baseball that would LOVE to have a 23 year old who just hit for 25/78 and who by no means has hit his ceiling yet.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:12 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopExpress View Post
Indians just designated Russ Canzler for assignment. Any takers?
He killed us last season in limited action. I hope he winds up in the N.L.!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:36 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
He killed us last season in limited action. I hope he winds up in the N.L.!
His numbers at the Cell, albeit a very small sample size, are impressive. He has good minor league stats. He plays 3B, 1B, LF and RF (not sure how well). Why not take a flyer on him? Not exactly sure how designation for assignment works. I think we have a window to trade for him if we don't want to wait to bid against other teams for his services assuming he can and does opt for free agency. But I might be wrong there. Anyway, I think other teams will be bidding for this guy, and I hope we are at least trying.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:52 AM
WSI Personality

Default Trades

I keep reading that the end of the world is suppose to happen in 1 day. (Thursday, December 20, 2012) That being the case why don't the White Sox make a couple of trades today before we all die? If they're going to make a couple of trades, lets do it now as long as we're still here.

Last edited by Golden Sox; 12-19-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:57 AM
WSI Guru

Golden:

It's supposed to happen Friday on the winter solstice according to the Mayans.

Lip
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM
WSI High Priest

Ugh. We better have a better plan than Flowers and Gimenez at catcher next year.

Is Miguel Olivo still available?
Old 12-20-2012, 06:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

I don't feel quite as strongly about them letting AJ go as I did about Buehrle chasing the money, but all I can say is that if this team goes into the season intending to replace the 42 HR, 123 RBI, and 70+ walks that we got from Youk and AJ with Tyler Flowers and Jeff Keppinger, they'll have nobody to blame but themselves when they fall flat on their face out of the gate.

Usually I'm pretty optimistic about our teams, but this lineup looks like a built loser from the start.
Closed Thread