White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2012, 09:07 PM
WSI Guru

Default Off Season Ticket News...

Don't think this was posted. Brooks seems very, very happy with the way tickets are being renewed:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news...s_cws&c_id=cws

Lip
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM
WSI Church Elder

The revelation in that article is that going into 2012 only 51% renewed their season tickets. It's a miracle that we came as close to 2 million in attendance that we did.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:23 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
The revelation in that article is that going into 2012 only 51% renewed their season tickets. It's a miracle that we came as close to 2 million in attendance that we did.
Luckily the team was enjoyable to watch for about 90% of the season.

0-5

LAST GAME: August 4 - Twins 16, Sox 3
NEXT GAME: I don't know, but I'll be sure to warn you when I know
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
So now 90% of that 51% from 2012 have renewed, how is that much better?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 AM
2008 WSI Pick 'Em Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
That's what I was thinking too.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:23 AM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneck View Post
It's only talking about renewals, not new plans they're selling. Obviously a lot easier to rebuild your season ticket base if 90% of your previous year's clients have renewed instead of 50%.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:21 AM
WSI Regular

I owned two full season tickets in what last year was called the "premium box seats". Since I had a high row our seat prices were staying the same - not going up or down in price. Still at an average price of $91 per game for two seats I wanted a better location even if it cost a little more. I have asked my rep numerous times about improving the location. After several calls to him I would get the same answer - nothing better available. So I decided that the seats in that location weren't worth the premium prices so I asked about lower reserved outfield seats close to the field and near the aisle - they seemed like a good value at about $20 per set per game. I was told again that there wasn't much available - most of the seats were in rows 8 or higher and in the middle of a row. At the same time, my son called the White Sox about outfield reserved seats and spoke to a rep - she checked over a few days and came up with two aisle seats in the second row from the field. Great seats for $20 per ticket per game

We are taking those second row outfield seats. Why aren't current season ticket holders allowed first choice? Is it just a difference in the quality of the rep's diligence or follow through or do the Sox just take existing STH's for granted. I told my rep I was cancelling my two premium seats because I wasn't satisfied with my high row location. (I didn't mention my son's "find.)

His response was basically "OK, we will settle your account". I am surprised the Sox don't offer more creative solutions or have a Ticket Manager call you before you quit. They just lost over $7300 in ticket revenue not to mention parking concessions, etc. For example, when I recently "fired" Direct TV a few weeks I had to talk to several different people all with suggestions on new plans, benefits, etc. They asked "how can we do better"? The Sox just let me walk away...

Last edited by palehosepub; 12-13-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: sp
Old 12-13-2012, 11:46 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
I owned two full season tickets in what last year was called the "premium box seats". Since I had a high row our seat prices were staying the same - not going up or down in price. Still at an average price of $91 per game for two seats I wanted a better location even if it cost a little more. I have asked my rep numerous times about improving the location. After several calls to him I would get the same answer - nothing better available. So I decided that the seats in that location weren't worth the premium prices so I asked about lower reserved outfield seats close to the field and near the aisle - they seemed like a good value at about $20 per set per game. I was told again that there wasn't much available - most of the seats were in rows 8 or higher and in the middle of a row. At the same time, my son called the White Sox about outfield reserved seats and spoke to a rep - she checked over a few days and came up with two aisle seats in the second row from the field. Great seats for $20 per ticket per game

We are taking those second row outfield seats. Why aren't current season ticket holders allowed first choice? Is it just a difference in the quality of the rep's diligence or follow through or do the Sox just take existing STH's for granted. I told my rep I was cancelling my two premium seats because I wasn't satisfied with my high row location. (I didn't mention my son's "find.)

His response was basically "OK, we will settle your account". I am surprised the Sox don't offer more creative solutions or have a Ticket Manager call you before you quit. They just lost over $7300 in ticket revenue not to mention parking concessions, etc. For example, when I recently "fired" Direct TV a few weeks I had to talk to several different people all with suggestions on new plans, benefits, etc. They asked "how can we do better"? The Sox just let me walk away...
You should contact the Inside Sales Manager or whoever is in charge of the reps (not Brooks). That is unacceptable customer service.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABP View Post
You should contact the Inside Sales Manager or whoever is in charge of the reps (not Brooks). That is unacceptable customer service.
I think they do take the ST holders for granted. I asked for an aisle seat once (I was already a holder) and was told I had to wait, but my buddy who was just getting his own season plan (same one I have) asked for an aisle seat and got one. I have one now though, but it took a few years.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABP View Post
Brooks actually may be a good person to reach out to.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:28 PM
WSI Regular

The other point that has always frustrated me is that there is no fair process for relocation / seat improvement. I have mentionened this to my rep, and in every survey that I have taken etc etc. In the past I would have first year STH's sitting in better locations than me. I was told "that doesn't really happen".

Yes it really, really does.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
The other point that has always frustrated me is that there is no fair process for relocation / seat improvement. I have mentionened this to my rep, and in every survey that I have taken etc etc. In the past I would have first year STH's sitting in better locations than me. I was told "that doesn't really happen".

It does.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:

Not saying its right, but it probably makes sense from the White Sox perspective. The Sox can probably sell more tickets if they offer better seat selections for new buyers. After all, 91% of season ticket holders renewed this year and those people are already locked in after paying their playoff invoice last year.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
I think they do take the ST holders for granted. I asked for an aisle seat once (I was already a holder) and was told I had to wait, but my buddy who was just getting his own season plan (same one I have) asked for an aisle seat and got one. I have one now though, but it took a few years.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerko View Post
It does.
Based on how often this comes up, I wonder if Sales Reps have specific instructions to drag their feet (while not being very helpful) in relocation requests to try to entice new STHs into buying the better options. This is the only logical explanation I can come up with for this continuously happening to so many people (including our STH group).

I understand the short-sighted rationale, but this is just the wrong way to go about doing business with your STHs. Particularly because it becomes a lot easier for account holders to cancel - for a year or two - when the team makes it pretty damn easy to get the same (or better) seats if you'd like to re-up.

Old 12-13-2012, 02:38 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfourni View Post
Not saying its right, but it probably makes sense from the White Sox perspective. The Sox can probably sell more tickets if they offer better seat selections for new buyers. After all, 91% of season ticket holders renewed this year and those people are already locked in after paying their playoff invoice last year.
It makes sense in the short term, but down the road - following an eventual poor season - it makes it a lot easier for all of these same new STHs to cancel knowing they can re-up one or two seasons down the road with similar/the same/better seats. It bothers me because it really alienates the portion of the fan base that has been the most loyal over the years. You'd think they'd bend over backwards to help/assist those members of the fan base, but it seems they'd rather help out newer holders and keep this cycle alive.