White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 02:47 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The Cubs got to .514 probably from their good years before 1900 and also in the 20s and 30s. Since their last WS appearance in 1945 they have to be under .500 despite expansion. Without looking it up I would say that the Sox were over .500 before the first expansion in 1961 due to the years of the Go-Go teams of the 50s and before the 1919 scandal
not trying to argue with you but I am such a stat nerd I have actually looked this stuff up before on pro baseball reference. Lot's of the old teams are over .500 . Sox are ahead of Pirates, Braves, Senators/Twins, and Browns/Orioles only. Can't figure out how the Indians have got to a better win pct. though. I guess they were good for awhile back like the Cubs. It is very close between the Sox, Reds, Pirates, and Tigers though.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:54 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITTLE NELL View Post
The Cubs got to .514 probably from their good years before 1900 and also in the 20s and 30s. Since their last WS appearance in 1945 they have to be under .500 despite expansion. Without looking it up I would say that the Sox were over .500 before the first expansion in 1961 due to the years of the Go-Go teams of the 50s and before the 1919 scandal
That scandal sent the sox into a horrendous run of decades of irrelevance and losing. Looking at some of the records it's pretty bad, still they had some players like Lyons, Appling, etc.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
There's probably 25 fanbases that feel no sympathy for us whatsoever.

Sorry to ruin the pity party you're all having
I didnt see any eveidence of a "pity party". Some people reflecting on a great time in their life, others wanting to experience it again.

When I see a team like the Giants win it all after losing their closer and their best hitter it shows that anything is possible.

Even the Cards were a surprise in 2011.

Last edited by palehosepub; 10-29-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: sp