White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2012, 12:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
I'm sure the Sox would accommodate you the best they could in the next price tier as close to your current seats as possible.

I am sure that the Sox would accomodate us also, but that is not the point here. We are actually in the process of polling (tis the season) our group whether or not we want to stay and pay the increase, move to another location, or give up the tickets and use the money for golfing.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:36 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
I am sure that the Sox would accomodate us also, but that is not the point here. We are actually in the process of polling (tis the season) our group whether or not we want to stay and pay the increase, move to another location, or give up the tickets and use the money for golfing.
Trading one aggrevation for another. I may be wrong but I believe the cost of golf has gone up a lot more that baseball, considerating equipment advances and tee times. Not to mention the balls that can cost anywhere from 25 cents to five bucks each! Kinda like great seats and cheap seats.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
While I do agree with you that the Sox if the $12 a game increase is true, wouldn't raise the price so much if they weren't lowering the prices around the ballpark as drastically, if you don't re new they will find someone to buy your seats at their price in 5 minutes. You can't say that about the other sections where they were having problems selling tickets. It may not seem fair, but many things in life do not.

Now it is explained better by Brooks today. The OF and upper deck seats were priced top 4 in MLB. The infield seats in the first 10 rows were priced bottom 3. You have been getting a bargain for years.

Last edited by dickallen15; 10-23-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 PM
WSI Personality

Bout time this was being seriously considered. The parking alone is a joke - should be $10. They will end up spending the money inside on beer and brats anyhow. Point is getting fannies in the seats.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:20 AM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
No. It's not good business to alienate long-time season ticket holders. The Sox should absorb the hit (if they take a hit) on the price cut, NOT season ticket holders. I'm happy to pay my share -- and have had my ticket prices go up regularly in the 25 years I've been a ST holder -- but my ticket prices shouldn't go up when everyone else's go down.

I realize that no one is holding a gun to my head blah, blah, blah, I understand basic economics and I know how businesses are run. I'll likely re-up, but I honestly feel taken advantage of and will articulate this to my rep if she ever calls me before I receive an invoice.

Yeah, the Sox should absorb the costs so they don't hurt loyal fans' feelings.

And then they should field the roster with AAA players going forward just so that everyone is happy and costs are kept down.

You think your Season Ticket is worthless now, wait until this team becomes a consistant 90 loss team each year by fielding a crappy roster all for trying to keep loyal fans' ticket prices down.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Yeah, the Sox should absorb the costs so they don't hurt loyal fans' feelings.

And then they should field the roster with AAA players going forward just so that everyone is happy and costs are kept down.

You think your Season Ticket is worthless now, wait until this team becomes a consistant 90 loss team each year by fielding a crappy roster all for trying to keep loyal fans' ticket prices down.
Did I miss the news about the reduction in television money?

All hail The Rick
Old 10-24-2012, 09:30 AM
WSI Regular

Anyone in the premium LD boxes get notified yet with specifics on pricing? I left a message for my rep several days ago and I have not have even received an acknowledgement of my message.
Old 10-24-2012, 10:02 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehosepub View Post
Anyone in the premium LD boxes get notified yet with specifics on pricing? I left a message for my rep several days ago and I have not have even received an acknowledgement of my message.
Nope. I sent my rep an e-mail this morning saying that I'd heard lots of rumors and wanted some specifics. No response yet.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:57 AM
WSI Guru

Love:

Brooks also SPECIFICALLY told the mainstream media when he had his press conference that the reduction in ticket / parking prices WILL NOT IMPACT the payroll the team has to work with.

Assuming he isn't flat out lying (and I don't think he would) obviosuly there are other areas that carry more impact on payroll then it was assumed in the past.

Lip
Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Love:

Brooks also SPECIFICALLY told the mainstream media when he had his press conference that the reduction in ticket / parking prices WILL NOT IMPACT the payroll the team has to work with.

Assuming he isn't flat out lying (and I don't think he would) obviosuly there are other areas that carry more impact on payroll then it was assumed in the past.

Lip
Well no ****. Was he at least honest to mention that they would recoup a good portion of the discounts by increasing prices at the premium sections?

And for anyone to still be hanging on to this idea that ticket sales plays no factor on a team's payroll, I have a few hundred acres of swamp land to sell you.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Well no ****. Was he at least honest to mention that they would recoup a good portion of the discounts by increasing prices at the premium sections?

And for anyone to still be hanging on to this idea that ticket sales plays no factor on a team's payroll, I have a few hundred acres of swamp land to sell you.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
WSI Guru

Love:

Never said it has no factor just repeating what he told the media. Obviously there are other revenue streams that may be making up the difference or those other streams may be more important than the idea of ticket sales being the driving force on payroll.

That makes sense to me given the revenue generated from media deals and the marketing department of MLB.

Lip
Old 10-25-2012, 02:17 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lip Man 1 View Post
Love:

Never said it has no factor just repeating what he told the media. Obviously there are other revenue streams that may be making up the difference or those other streams may be more important than the idea of ticket sales being the driving force on payroll.

That makes sense to me given the revenue generated from media deals and the marketing department of MLB.

Lip
I think the winning thing was missing because they did this survey when the Sox were in first place. People taking the survey really couldn't say winning was the most important thing because the Sox were winning, yet the people surveyed weren't coming.. If they did this survey and the Sox were in last, I have no doubt winning would have ranked high.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFisk View Post
Bout time this was being seriously considered. The parking alone is a joke - should be $10. They will end up spending the money inside on beer and brats anyhow. Point is getting fannies in the seats.
Parking lots will probably be pretty full at $20, especially with the red line shutdown next season.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by amsteel View Post
25% is a big drop. Perhaps a prelude to a BIG payroll cut?
yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I heard this. Like they know they are going to be unwatchable so they cut ticket prices. I hope that isn't the case.