White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on winning the AL ROTY award unanimously, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2012, 03:28 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wedema View Post
At the bottom it states "Premium Lower Deck Box prices not available at this time". Sox have to wait to inform their most loyal customers how much they will be screwing them over before they can release that information.
The Sox sell those out every season so it does not appear they have overpriced them. I would also guess the majority are corporately owned so a little increase shouldn't cause many to leave.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:30 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
The Sox sell those out every season so it does not appear they have overpriced them. I would also guess the majority are corporately owned so a little increase shouldn't cause many to leave.

Even though "the majority" of these seats are corporately owened, there are many average fans who have tickets in these sections (and have had them in their family for many years) who should not be subjected to a price increase so the Sox can increase attendance in other areas of the park. This is very bad business to treat your most loyal customers this way.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:45 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Even though "the majority" of these seats are corporately owened, there are many average fans who have tickets in these sections (and have had them in their family for many years) who should not be subjected to a price increase so the Sox can increase attendance in other areas of the park. This is very bad business to treat your most loyal customers this way.
I would argue its probably worse business to leave pricing where it was and average less than 24K/game.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:53 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfourni View Post
I would argue its probably worse business to leave pricing where it was and average less than 24K/game.

I agree that they had to lower prices in other areas of the park, but they do not need to raise the Premium lower boxes. Just leave the price as is and everyone will be happy including their most loyal customers.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:39 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I agree that they had to lower prices in other areas of the park, but they do not need to raise the Premium lower boxes. Just leave the price as is and everyone will be happy including their most loyal customers.
They can always move up a few rows if they think its too much.I think the top 10 rows are remaining the same price. The object is to get more people interested in attending. It sucks that some will see an increase but no one is holding a gun to their heads to re up.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:14 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickallen15 View Post
They can always move up a few rows if they think its too much.I think the top 10 rows are remaining the same price. The object is to get more people interested in attending. It sucks that some will see an increase but no one is holding a gun to their heads to re up.
Of course no one is holding a gun to my head to re up, but why should I have to move up and give up my seats that our group has had for 25 years (since the old park) to pay for the price reductions elsewhere in the park?
Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Of course no one is holding a gun to my head to re up, but why should I have to move up and give up my seats that our group has had for 25 years (since the old park) to pay for the price reductions elsewhere in the park?
You're not subsidizing the rest of the park. You're paying the premium on your premium box seats. When you have the best seats in the park you can expect to pay up every year.

Why would the Sox not want to make maximum profit on seats that are always sold out?

Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Obviously they feel that if some older STH don't renew at the steeper price, they'll find some other fans who are just as loyal willing to pay for the seats.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
You're not subsidizing the rest of the park. You're paying the premium on your premium box seats. When you have the best seats in the park you can expect to pay up every year.

Why would the Sox not want to make maximum profit on seats that are always sold out?

Not true, the seats do not go up every year. In fact, they actually went down a small amount for 2012.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:28 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:

OMG, a business trying to be a business!?

Well said MU

2014 Attendance Record: 15-11
2013 Attendance Record: 11-22
2012 Attendance Record: 29-22
2011 Attendance Record: 15-19
2010 Attendance Record: 18-10
2009 Attendance Record: 5-9
2008 Attendance Record: 21-10
2007 Attendance Record: 6-14
2006 Attendance Record: 20-9

https://twitter.com/KJKobs
Old 10-23-2012, 12:43 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
OMG, a business trying to be a business!?

Well said MU
No. It's not good business to alienate long-time season ticket holders. The Sox should absorb the hit (if they take a hit) on the price cut, NOT season ticket holders. I'm happy to pay my share -- and have had my ticket prices go up regularly in the 25 years I've been a ST holder -- but my ticket prices shouldn't go up when everyone else's go down.

I realize that no one is holding a gun to my head blah, blah, blah, I understand basic economics and I know how businesses are run. I'll likely re-up, but I honestly feel taken advantage of and will articulate this to my rep if she ever calls me before I receive an invoice.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Not true, the seats do not go up every year. In fact, they actually went down a small amount for 2012.

They may not go up every year, but you can certainly expect them to go up every year
Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chez View Post
No. It's not good business to alienate long-time season ticket holders. The Sox should absorb the hit (if they take a hit) on the price cut, NOT season ticket holders. I'm happy to pay my share -- and have had my ticket prices go up regularly in the 25 years I've been a ST holder -- but my ticket prices shouldn't go up when everyone else's go down.

I realize that no one is holding a gun to my head blah, blah, blah, I understand basic economics and I know how businesses are run. I'll likely re-up, but I honestly feel taken advantage of and will articulate this to my rep if she ever calls me before I receive an invoice.

Well said Chez.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
They may not go up every year, but you can certainly expect them to go up every year

I do not expect my tickets to go up when the rest of the tickets in the park are going down. Also, we are talking $1000 per ticket here (or around $12.50 per game) which is a substantial increase compared to any other increase in previous years.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:22 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
I do not expect my tickets to go up when the rest of the tickets in the park are going down. Also, we are talking $1000 per ticket here (or around $12.50 per game) which is a substantial increase compared to any other increase in previous years.
I'm sure the Sox would accommodate you the best they could in the next price tier as close to your current seats as possible.