White Sox Interactive Forums
What's The Score?

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > What's The Score?
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2012, 01:04 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SI1020 View Post
This sissified holier than thou lord of the board crap is getting so tiresome. A long time poster that seems to have left gave a parting shot and I'd have to say I agree with the adjective he used to describe the posters that seem to want to micromanage everyone they are offended by. Not only that but the Cubs do have a history of putting their broadcasters on a short leash. So I'd be curious to know if that is the case with Brenly.
People are entitled to opinions *GASP* other than your own. Shocking that some folks don't find a little joking about drunk driving hilarious. Sorry this place isn't the corner bar where you and the brahs can knock a few back and then say whatever you want without repercussion.

Put your big boy pants on and deal with it. The idea that you'd be do hypocritical to lecture people about lecturing people is so preposterous its makes me laugh.

0-2

LAST GAME: April 16 - Boston 6, Sox 4 (14)
NEXT GAME: April 26 vs. Tampa Bay
Old 10-19-2012, 01:35 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
People are entitled to opinions *GASP* other than your own. Shocking that some folks don't find a little joking about drunk driving hilarious. Sorry this place isn't the corner bar where you and the brahs can knock a few back and then say whatever you want without repercussion.

Put your big boy pants on and deal with it. The idea that you'd be do hypocritical to lecture people about lecturing people is so preposterous its makes me laugh.
So, you're lecturing him about lecturing to people who lecture people? It's like Inception. And I don't see any jokes about DUI here, and certainly not from the post which prompted the effete gasping which seems to come after anybody says anything about the Cubs other than "they're the best team ever!"
Old 10-19-2012, 01:54 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldRoman View Post
So, you're lecturing him about lecturing to people who lecture people? It's like Inception. And I don't see any jokes about DUI here, and certainly not from the post which prompted the effete gasping which seems to come after anybody says anything about the Cubs other than "they're the best team ever!"
Oh yeah, you're right I'm not following the thread correctly (its hard on a phone). So let's just say

A) Nothing wrong with making fun of the Cubs, especially on the board that was set up to make fun of the Cubs.
B) Just hit the ****ing "Report Post" button.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:34 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUsoxfan View Post
You're confusing the Rockies with the Dbacks
That I am. My bad.

Now somebody lecture me about being wrong. I feel left out of the lecturing.

Breast Cancer Awareness doesn't end on Oct. 31st. Folks, get educated on it and get involved. Ladies, please get tested. For more info, visit www.komen.org.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatK View Post
Are you sure Mark was fired for his drinking?

Regardless, he was a terrible announcer.
After his first DUI, the D-backs brass told Grace in no uncertain terms, that if he got a second DUI, he would then be unemployed.

I totally agree, he was horrible. Part of the reason I haven't watched a D-backs game in a couple of years.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
WSI High Priest

Talk of Eric Karros joining Len. Not too sure about that working.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontman View Post
Talk of Eric Karros joining Len. Not too sure about that working.
I remember Karros working for Fox during the 2004 postseason, and he didn't do well. I'm not sure if he's had any significant experience since then, but it's possible he's improved. Either way, the Cubs don't seem to care who works for them as long as they don't criticize the product on the field.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
I remember Karros working for Fox during the 2004 postseason, and he didn't do well. I'm not sure if he's had any significant experience since then, but it's possible he's improved. Either way, the Cubs don't seem to care who works for them as long as they don't criticize the product on the field.
As if their product on the field has been above criticism for the past 104 years.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:48 AM
WSI High Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKMeibalane View Post
Almost sure he still does a ton of Fox games. IIRC he called Humber's Perfecto