White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 11:39 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpJerry View Post
LYS: not true about Lower Box. Where did you get your information? That is where my seats are and they are not corporate owned. In fact, this past season, all the seats in my row (Sec. 115, row 5) with the exception of my two seats were available at the Box Office. Over the past two years, many people who were sitting around me did not renew. Well over 15%. I won't be renewing next year due to $$ unless someone wants to buy my entire package and get all the tickets.

Not to offend, but Sec 115 is not considered a "Premier" Location to me.

Someone in your situation definately would be looking to move to the now heavily discounted areas around the park.

Premier to me are the following:
- scout seats
- Gold Coast
- LD Box exactly between the bases (about 3/4 the length of each dugout).
- Club Level (dugout to dugout).

If you own those seats and can afford them, I don't see how you would give them up regardless of the discounts being handed at other sections of the park.

And as far as I can see by the turnout at each game, those seats mentioned were about 85% full even on nights when only 12K were at the park. Keep in mind the Sox are very anal about protecting their premier seat locations and not allowing people to sneek in to them when they don't belong there.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWS44 View Post
My seats are in Premium Club. They are not corporate owned and I am by no means wealthy. A price increase would be a problem for me and it is disappointing that long-time season ticket holders would be rewarded with a price increase while lowering prices in most other areas. I think it is great that the Sox are lowering prices overall, but I disagree with the increase in premium areas.

Has anyone been contacted or seen detail about price increases?
By wealthy (in this current economy), I mean having a formidable amout of disposable income each month to pamper yourself with the pleasure of having tickets to 82 baseball games at a premier location in the park.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:53 PM
WSI Prelate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealFan View Post
As a premium box STH who will not be getting a discount, I am thrilled with this move. My seats are great, and now the ambiance of the park will be better with more people in attendance.

The Sox are making the right move here. Why should they discount the tickets which sell the best? Rather, discount those that don't sell well. Makes total sense to me.

Bingo.

I highly doubt the M&M guy is up in arms because someone sitting in Sec 156 by the foul pole is getting 30% off his invoice.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Tom Feargal Hagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYourSuit View Post
Not to offend, but Sec 115 is not considered a "Premier" Location to me.

Someone in your situation definately would be looking to move to the now heavily discounted areas around the park.

Premier to me are the following:
- scout seats
- Gold Coast
- LD Box exactly between the bases (about 3/4 the length of each dugout).
- Club Level (dugout to dugout).

If you own those seats and can afford them, I don't see how you would give them up regardless of the discounts being handed at other sections of the park.

And as far as I can see by the turnout at each game, those seats mentioned were about 85% full even on nights when only 12K were at the park. Keep in mind the Sox are very anal about protecting their premier seat locations and not allowing people to sneek in to them when they don't belong there.
You included Lower Box in your post. 115 is Lower Box. You should be consistent in your posting.

Why should I move to another section when I can very easily walk up to the park and buy tickets to games I want to go to and be stuck with a bunch of April and May games where it is Bears weather? The Sox were in first for most of the season and nobody complained about not being able to get tickets. Even with the price reduction that won't change because of the holdback.

The Sox are not "anal" about keeping people out of the Premier Seats. I've never had trouble strolling into them.

All hail The Rick
Old 10-19-2012, 07:29 AM
WSI Regular

[QUOTE=LoveYourSuit;3002077]By wealthy (in this current economy), I mean having a formidable amout of disposable income each month to pamper yourself with the pleasure of having tickets to 82 baseball games at a premier location

I just happen to love baseball. While I enjoy it, it certainly doesn't feel like I am pampering myself. My point is, the discounts are great, I applaud the Sox for it and hope fans really do show up next year. I don't expect a discount in my location, but I am disappointed with a potential increase. That may force me to drop out.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 AM
WSI High Priest

The ticket and parking price reduction is fantastic, but to me just as great is that the Sox are finally listening to us, their paying customers.

To quote Hawk, don't stop now boys!
Old 10-19-2012, 08:19 AM
WSI Personality

In the Trib this morning it said that the reason premium lower box prices have not been announced is because they are restructering that section. My guess is that they are going to increase pricing on seats in the first 5-10 rows between the bases.

Good call on figuring out that the free ticket survey is more than likely what was used to make these changes.

I'm surprised they kept lower box seats the same price. Lower box seats just past the bases and the first 5-10 rows down the line are decent but many seats in those sections are just "ok". It's a much different experience (i.e. better) watching the game even in the last row of section 130 than in the 15th row of section 114 or the 10th row of section 113. If I had season tickets in the lower box then I would seriously consider moving to one of the now much cheaper sections. Premium upper deck and bleacher seats now come out to $19 per ticket and a seat in outfield reserved is not much more. That is not bad at all.

Season ticket holders in the first row of the bleachers and outfield reserved are making out like bandits with this new pricing. Those seats almost always sell for a premium on the secondary markets.

Full Season Prices:

2013 Pricing
Lower Box - $2916 ($36.55 per ticket)
Outfield Reserved - $1701 ($21 per ticket)
Bleachers - $1539 ($19 per ticket)
Premium Upper Box - $1539 ($19 per ticket)
Upper Box - $1053 ($13 per ticket)
Upper Reserved - $810 ($10 per ticket!)
Premium Club Box - $3683 ($45.47 per ticket)
Club Box - $3439 ($42.46 per ticket)

Last edited by WhiffleBall; 10-19-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:35 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Please tell me that dynamic pricing is dead.
Brooks is on the Score right now saying that Dynamic Pricing is here to stay. Counters by saying the $7 upper deck and $20 lower deck sections will not be dynamically priced. Also confirms that premium and prime dates ar a thing of the past, except for the Cub games and maybe Opening Day.

Those outfield reserve partial plan prices do have me wondering whether to add on to the games I have now....
Old 10-19-2012, 09:13 AM
WSI High Priest

I do not know if there has been a harsher critic of Brooks on WSI than me. I just emailed him thanking him, the fans needed this. He hit a home run here, this is perfect.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:00 AM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiffleBall View Post
In the Trib this morning it said that the reason premium lower box prices have not been announced is because they are restructering that section. My guess is that they are going to increase pricing on seats in the first 5-10 rows between the bases.

Good call on figuring out that the free ticket survey is more than likely what was used to make these changes.

I'm surprised they kept lower box seats the same price. Lower box seats just past the bases and the first 5-10 rows down the line are decent but many seats in those sections are just "ok". It's a much different experience (i.e. better) watching the game even in the last row of section 130 than in the 15th row of section 114 or the 10th row of section 113. If I had season tickets in the lower box then I would seriously consider moving to one of the now much cheaper sections. Premium upper deck and bleacher seats now comes out to $19 per ticket and a seat in lowered reserved is not much more. That is not bad at all.

Season ticket holders in the first row of the bleachers and outfield reserved are making out like bandits with this new pricing. Those seats almost always sell for a premium on the secondary markets.

Full Season Prices:

2013 Pricing
Lower Box - $2916 ($36.55 per ticket)
Outfield Reserved - $1701 ($21 per ticket)
Bleachers - $1539 ($19 per ticket)
Premium Upper Box - $1539 ($19 per ticket)
Upper Box - $1053 ($13 per ticket)
Upper Reserved - $810 ($10 per ticket!)
Premium Club Box - $3683 ($45.47 per ticket)
Club Box - $3439 ($42.46 per ticket)
Agreed. I never understood why the Sox have so few pricing zones. Why in the world is someone in the last row of section 121 paying the same as someone in the first row of section 129?
Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 AM
WSI Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylestillman View Post
Brooks is on the Score right now saying that Dynamic Pricing is here to stay. Counters by saying the $7 upper deck and $20 lower deck sections will not be dynamically priced. Also confirms that premium and prime dates ar a thing of the past, except for the Cub games and maybe Opening Day.

Those outfield reserve partial plan prices do have me wondering whether to add on to the games I have now....
So did he not pay attention to the attendance this past season during the Cubs series? Far from a full house.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:23 AM
WSI Church Elder

Increasing the prices of the uber premier seats resembles a thread that might be in the PI forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoota
I'm not counting this homerun or his 3 RBI from today's game because of the game situation. I'm not counting his pinch hit solo homerun in a blowout win in Colorado. In my book, Crede has 2 less home runs than his statistics show, 4 less RBI, and one less walk (the one where he pinch hit for Uribe after coming in with a 3-0 count and taking one pitch).
Old 10-19-2012, 10:46 AM
WSI Church Elder

So when are these new lower priced plans going to be for sale? I haven't seen anything yet
Old 10-19-2012, 11:14 AM
WSI Church Elder

People better start coming out now. No more excuses.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:17 AM
WSI Church Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soxman219 View Post
People better start coming out now. No more excuses.
What is the number of people that will need to come out to satisfy this requirement? And people will ALWAYS have excuses.