White Sox Interactive Forums
Sox Clubhouse
 Soxogram: 
Congratulations on the Rookie records for HR and RBI in April, Jose!

Welcome
Go Back   White Sox Interactive Forums > Baseball Discussions > Sox Clubhouse
Home Chat Stats Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
WSI Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41 View Post
I'm just curious as I haven't seen the rankings, but where do the Sox ticket prices rank? Also, are they the only team in baseball to have dynamic pricing?

Bob
You'll get differing arguments on Sox ticket prices, but the idea started in San Francisco a few years ago. It worked better with the Giants as they actually have generally high demand for tickets.
11: 0-1.
12: 2-1.
14: 2-3.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by gosox41 View Post
I'm just curious as I haven't seen the rankings, but where do the Sox ticket prices rank? Also, are they the only team in baseball to have dynamic pricing?

Bob
The Sox had the 11th highest ticket price in the Majors, behind the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Phillies, Marlins, Tigers, Twins, Cardinals, Astros, and Nationals, according to Team Marketing Research's Fan Cost Index for this season, which is basically the undisputed authority for these matters.

http://fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/fci_pdfs/8.pdf
Old 10-09-2012, 10:28 PM
WSI Guru

Bob:

There are apparently other reports one of which was quoted by the reporter in the NPR story on the Sox attendance issues and has been printed in the newspapers that the Sox have the 4th highest ticket proices on average in the major leagues behind the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubs. The same reporter also said in the story it costs over 200 dollars for a family of four to go to a Sox game. What that entails specifically he didn't say and he didn't say where he got his figure from.

Who is right, I have no idea.

What I do know is that fan upon fan from various sites like WSI, sports talk radio and blog postings continue to mention high ticket prices and the dynamic pricing concept as two of the main reasons why they don't go to as many games as they used to.

I wish the Sox would clarify the matter once and for all and if in fact, the prices aren't as high as perceived, do a PR blitz to educate the fan base on that. Perception becomes reality many times and that appears to be the case in this matter at least partially.

Lip
Old 10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
WSI Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublem23 View Post
The Sox had the 11th highest ticket price in the Majors, behind the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Phillies, Marlins, Tigers, Twins, Cardinals, Astros, and Nationals, according to Team Marketing Research's Fan Cost Index for this season, which is basically the undisputed authority for these matters.

http://fancostexperience.com/pages/fcx/fci_pdfs/8.pdf
And there lies one of the major reasons for their troubles. Why should it cost more to see the Sox play than the Angels, Dodgers, Orioles, Giants ect.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:34 PM
MMXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWHITESOX View Post
And there lies one of the major reasons for their troubles. Why should it cost more to see the Sox play than the Angels, Dodgers, Orioles, Giants ect.
wat